Reviews for The Deepest Black
Deep Forest Green chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
I like that Sym still admires Victor even though she is very conflicted and angry about what he did. After all, without him, she would be a completely different person.
fishypop5 chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
im confused... who's Titus? It was a very good story though :)
albaKonst chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
This is really good - I especially like the ending about the grey. Also, interesting point about Titus "belongs to her, and shed is only as he wishes her to be". This is what the reader realises when she mentions in the book that Titus has never told her anything she doesn't already know (except for the thing about the ice chucking back into the sea, of course). The fact that she is actually admitting that Titus is "hers" seems almost like she is moving on from him - growing up a bit. Like she accepts that he isn't really real - or the *him* that inhabits her head isn't.

Anyway, ramble over, great story.
QDS19 chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
I love the use of white and black and gray in this story. It really brings out the darker side of the novel, how the events would have affected Sym after it all. As dark as it is, I liked that even Titus couldn't help her in this, but she has to get through it alone. Incredibly well done!

(Note: ThreeOranges recc'd this to me. :) )
ThreeOranges chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Oh, this is LOVELY. (And by "lovely", I of course mean "a chilling, wrenchingly-honest punch to the stomach".) This is an extremely believable postscript for poor Sym as she endures the mental aftershocks of Uncle Victor's abuse.

So many sentences that get under the skin: "He squeezes her to himself too tightly"; "No matter how much she hates him, she can't help but love him still"; "Will she wake one day to find him sitting beside her?"

Short but incredibly powerful. Thank you.