Reviews for An Interrupted Monologue
Wonderful! I love this!
BlueWater5 chapter 1 . 1/14
Lovely story!
pearlrose33 chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
This was very sweet. Thank you for writing it!
SnowingOnCupcakes chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
This is really sweet!
Kerrald x chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
N'awww that was cute :D
Born-Of-Elven-Blood chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
This made me cry! (in a great way). I love it! I loved being in Snape's head, the way you characterized him was spot on; I loved the way the surprise party was written, the reaction seemed just right for the situation. I love the way Snape sort of eased into falling in love with Hermione. I absolutely loved the last scene in his office, listening to the inner monologue as he was talking to her. This is just the best fic I've read in a long time, thanks so much for writing it! D
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Lovely! And yes, Hermione would be the first to see Snape as a person; even Lily saw him as a stepping stone more than anything else.

Happy Birthday, Severus!
Aletto chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
I absolutely loved it form the first word to the very last one! amazing, really! :)
BetteNoire chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
The vocabulary was most definitely Snape-like and I am envious.
Severus Snape's Beloved chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
This is a fabulous story, a lovely story.

I love how it captures his personality so perfectly.

tenoh27 chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
An amazingly humourous and sweet story. Thank you very much!
cabepfir chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
This brought tears to my eyes. I love first-person stories from Snape's POV and this one had just the right tone between self-restraint of feelings and a deep, streaming flow of the same feelings. I loved the hesitations, the corrections, the fact that Hermione speaks freely about Eileen and about Lily, to boot. I loved that the new password was Giudecca and that Hermione evidently knew it without asking. I loved many wordplays and I loved the simplicity of this:

"You didn't come to dinner."

"No, I didn't."

"And you're here."

"Yes... yes."

So thank you, truly.
012343210 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
What a delight this story is!

Your use of quirky, colorful, expressive language is spot on:

- "Bedlam, that's what! I refuse to give the keys of the asylum to the committed!"

- "the sad day I had the misfortune to be jolted into this world"

- "ensuing decrepitude"

- "...the girl has proved, and I assure you, I am sickened by the poetics of which I am about to spew, a ray of sunshine in a rather gloomy climate..."

- really... I could go on and on with this list...

Also, there's such a playful meandering of thought from topic to topic, abruptly breaking off when Severus realizes he's going astray and forces himself back on his earlier thoughts. And abrupt interjections and repetitions - I don't often care for first person perspective, but this is so effectively written.

So effective that when we get to "You've a bit of egg on your face, Miss Granger, allow me to lick you clean..." it's quite palpable, our poor hero's longing for our heroine.

Ach! "Perhaps you had an abundance of essays to grade, a deadline for one of the journals to which you submit your writings, or perhaps you are, as I walk this seemingly endless corridor, firmly ensconced underneath a young, panting wizard with a straight nose and bulging biceps. I suppose it would make no difference." But it DOES make a difference to you, Severus, doesn't it? Either of the two former options is infinitely preferable to the third, eh?

- - - - - - - - - -

And when our heroine arrives to interrupt... ah, delightful. To be known and accepted, known and safe... with people in our lives. Is there anything lovelier? So often we only get one or the other, and the anxiety and fear that accompany relationships in which we're uncertain we have both of those... well, they're just part of the awkwardness of this life, aren't they? It's clear here that both our hero and heroine have (in such a short word count!) let one another know that they know and trust one another. That being said, this could easily have veered off into overt sentimentality and lost the classic Snape bite - but you've kept the tone just right.

Thanks again!