Reviews for And Sometimes They Win
Kathy chapter 2 . 1/8/2013
Great chapter, and I'm intrigued. It really held my attention, even though I don't recall reading the first two stories I was able to follow it and it really drew me in, into wanting to know what's going on with Ezra, his thoughts, his feelings, what's happening to him and why. Looking forward to reading some more soon
Patz1989 chapter 5 . 12/29/2011
Wow author you are mean to Ezra lol but i like it! Awesome story. ... Soo awesome
Terry Kay chapter 5 . 1/16/2011
Very, very cool the way it is not resolved. Very real.
Trekkieb chapter 5 . 1/16/2011
Poor Ezra. He just can't win. No closure for that boy, but I liked the ending anyway!
sfulton229 chapter 5 . 1/16/2011
Fantastic conclusion! Wow, what a powerful flood of emotions! So nice that the bust went smoothly and loved the chat between the DEA agents and Ezra; just working guys chatting about the job. I can see where it would be considered bad taste to ask after busts that had complications. Nice way to have Ezra find out about Galvez being arrested, and wondering if there was a bit of a hint about Ezra's cover being blown when the DEA agent recognized his name. Ezra really went into a state there and things just built. Great that JD caught that Galvez was there and Buck was able to divert Ezra. You really showed just how obsessed and focused Ezra was and then he had a bit of a freak out. Terrific how you showed Ezra fighting for his life and the desperation that he had to get away as well as how hard the others were trying to keep him safe and stop the freaking out. Wonder what the previous event where Chris had to restrain someone like that was; it stirred up some old ghosts for him. So glad Nathan got thru to Ezra and that Ezra will get some help very soon. Nice of Vin to let Ezra know that he could see Galvez and terrific how you changed him from the monster in Ezra's mind to a tired old man. Ezra can start healing now. Thank you so much for this fic and I hope to see more in this series from you as well as more Mag 7.
tellygirl chapter 5 . 1/16/2011
That was a wonderful story! I was going to say that reading this chapter was like watching a dormant volcano ready to erupt but Ezra's far too pretty to be compared to a zit-like geographical feature,lol! Basically, what I wanted to express was the tension I felt while reading and when he did "explode" he was a force to be reckoned with... yeah, I suppose he was kind of like a (pretty) volcano!

And I couldn't love the team any more than I do right now. Ezra's actions could have ended his career but his friends protected him and made sure nobody else knew what he was going through. Also, Ezra asking Nathan to go with him to the psychiatrist just goes to show how much he trusts his friends. This was such an emotional fic but with a perfect, optimistic ending, thank you so much for sharing :o)
lunaz chapter 5 . 1/16/2011
Wow that was flashback Ezra had. Well done. I hope you do a sequel to this story.
Barbwire Rose chapter 5 . 1/16/2011
Round of applause. Nice way to end this one, but this series or should I say 'saga' (so much more dramatic lol) is far from over of course. One teeny weeny missing word typo. Josiah hesitated a moment before turning to go around the side of 'the' building. I do have to say that I liked the 'wildcat Ezra' that we saw. Just fyi for anyone who ever thinks about getting in the way of someone who has PTSD and the object of their pain...don't! lol Seriously, Ezra would've shot Buck if things had kept up the way they were going. He might not have killed him, but he definitely would've shot him. People in that mindset are not thinking rationally and are ruled by their emotions ergo friend or not if you get in their way you're gonna get hurt. The fight sequence was a perfect example of this point. Subduing him the way Chris did probably wasn't too smart in that it could've done more harm than good, but the frustration can be blamed for that. I just lol'd at the fact that Ezra can kick all their butts if he's riled enough. I love seein him do that. Anyways, great stuff all around. The observation room scene was nicely done. His confusion over Galvez's motivation is to be expected, but that confusion will also morph into a bitter anger. Great stuff for the confrontation that we were deprived of this time lol. Look forward to the next installment, and now it's time to get back to my own stories. Take care sweety.

Trekkieb chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Yay! Another story from my favorite author! I'm glad you're continuing this series. It's about time to see some of Ezra's reactions to all that happened. I love your writing. You capture all the characters so perfectly. Looking forward to chapter 5!
tellygirl chapter 4 . 1/13/2011
Another excellent chapter :o)

I've read a lot of stories where Ezra and Nathan only tolerate each other for the sake of the team (and to be honest I've enjoyed most of them but that's probably due to the fact that I'm an Ezra girl and he usually comes off best) and it's so nice to read something where Nathan is portrayed in such a sympathetic manner, he's wonderfully caring yet he's trying to deal with the problem in the best way possible without being pushy yet not really taking no for an answer, which is exactly what Ezra needs.

I am very worried about the bust though. Even a touch from a friend has caused PTSD symptoms recently so being involved with the operation involving Carlyle's men could cause serious problems. Then he has an appointment with the psychiatrist afterwards so it could go any way :o/
Barbwire Rose chapter 4 . 1/12/2011
This is the last time you'll here from me tonight I swear! lol I was all done until I saw the next chapter had been added and then I knew I couldn't just stop lol. Anyways, I found one boo boo: "I don't have anything left for this," He said quietly as he rested his forehead in his hands. The first 'he' shouldn't be capatalized. Moooving on, the scene with Ezra and Nathan...very well done. Nathan wasn't being pushy or demeaning when talking about Ezra's behavior and making him tell the others. (Not the usual way he's portrayed in the fandom) He didn't force Ezra to tell the others what was going on but left it up to him to decide. I approved of this lol. Although Nathan pointed out that Chris needed to be let in on what was going on, I think Ezra had already come to that conclusion and was debating on whether or not to tell him until Nathan brought it up. That I think was the clincher for him. The fact that he agreed to the help that Rain was providing shows how much trust Ezra has placed in both her and Nathan, and I think it also proves that he isn't quite as willing to lose his new found "family" as he might have thought he was. Nicely done! As for the whole "extraction" that will be coming soon, well... we all know that things never go smoothly for the boys. I just ask that you don't add too much whumpage to our poor baby. He's suffered so much lol.

Barbwire Rose chapter 3 . 1/12/2011
Annnd the walls come tumbling down lol. This chapter was well done hun. Vin getting impatient was a nice touch. Usually it's Chris who gets that way lol. Now I'm gonna go ahead and list the boo boos I found before I continue praising ya lol. ...as he'd reached the mandatory number of session"s". She leaned back from where she was preparing the tea on the counter and looking into the living room at her late-night guest. "Looking" should be "looked". He chuckled quietly to himself and rubbed his "h"and through his hair. Ok now on to how much I loved how you protrayed Ezzie fallin apart. The security blanket was a nice touch. It kinda emphasized how child-like Ezra is when he's really vulnerable. The interaction between him and Rain was well done; you did a really good job with Rain's portrayal by making her sympathetic to his condition but also knowledgable to how he might react to certain actions such as physical contact. I have to say that these few lines: "I don't want you all to help me. I don't want to be saved; I don't want to be fixed. I just don't want to feel like this anymore. I don't want to be the burden." really got to me. This in essence is how his mind works and now we get to see proof of how he really feels inside. Anyways, I just thought that it was some pretty powerful stuff, but I've run off at the mouth again so I'll stop for now.

sfulton229 chapter 4 . 1/12/2011
Terrific continuation of the story. Great how you are showing Rain to be a friend to Ezra not because he is Nathan's friend but because he is hers. She is right to be very insistant that Ezra get some help as soon as possible; finding out how damaged Ezra is was a shock. Terrific reaction by Rain to finding out that Ezra had pulled a gun on Nathan. You did a terrific job showing Ezra relaxed for a brief moment then it all came back to him. Glad he has agreed to get help even if he has to be very discreet about it. Nathan will be there for him and Chris will give what support he can. The others did the right thing by accepting Ezra's apology and distracting him for a bit. The bust with the DEA sounds like a disaster about to happen; it was a nice idea but mixing with Carlyle won't turn out well. However, I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for this chapter!
Barbwire Rose chapter 2 . 1/12/2011
Annnd I'm back again. lol Gotta get caught up. I really enjoyed this chapter (along with everybody else who reviewed it seems lol)and I once again just have to say that I really like how you protray Nathan. Poor guy seems to get mis-portrayed the most, and that just makes me mad even if he's my least fave of the seven. But I digress, this chapter had some lolz moments and they made me laugh. Good thinking on the t-shirts and logo. lol Totally a facepalm moment right there. The icing and chocolate on Buck's face debacle was sweet (no pun intended lol). As for the "meat" of the chapter aka the Ezzie angst, I have to say you wrote the bar scene very well. You can really begin to see his decline in this one, and having him lose his composure in front of the guys just makes the whole "something's seriously wrong with him" point very clear. The conference room scene was played out well too, but the bar scene demonstrated how physical contact affects him now, and that to me is one of the most important aspects of PTSD. As someone who has studied it, I can honestly say that for someone who has undergone a trauma such as what Ezra experienced in "Gone Wrong", the reactions that he's so far demonstrated are almost mild in comparison to what some people will show. Then again, we all know how stubborn he is and doesn't like to show weakness, however; the stress of the trauma has caught up with him and as such we are beginning to see the reactions intensify. Yay for you! You've done a good job handling the situation, and I look forward to how things play out. I'd also just like to say that I enjoyed how you had Vin noticing all along the things that Nathan is now picking up on. That just follows along with the notion that Vin picks up on a lot of things because he is so observant. Alas, I did pick up on a few boo boos. I won't list everything seeing as I've already talked too much lol. Ezra took another deep breath before continued. Insert "he" between before and continued. Ezra walked past Holland and into main living space. Into "the" main living space. "Bull shit," said JD. Bullshit is one word. "I'm a little sore in the shoulders." Rather than "I'm a little sore. In the shoulders.(it kinda sounds better as a combined sentence rather than two short choppy ones imho.) Anyways, that's enough outta me for now lol. I'll check the next and chapter and review in a bit.

Barbwire Rose chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
Ok so it would seem that I'm a bit late to the party and as such can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. Well, I suppose I could say that this is the worst piece of drivel that I've ever read. That hasn't been said yet has it? lol I'm just kidding. In all seriousness, (if you knew me you'd understand how odd the thought of me being serious is lol)I've read the other two stories in this series and loved them both. Actually, I've read almost all of your stuff and loved everything, but this is my first time actually reviewing. Anyways, I agree with those who said that your characterizations are great especially Nathan. For some reason he gets picked on a lot and some people just tear his character to pieces and turn him into something that's almost unrecognizable. Thanks for not doing that lol. I'm a lover of angst so this look into the struggle that's taking place within Ezra's psyche really hit the spot for me. I did find a small boo boo in this sentence: Vin handed him his jacked back. It should be jacket. Anyways, I think that's enough outta me for now. lol