Reviews for Sick as a Dog
XxSidekickXx chapter 2 . 1/11/2012
So much time passed since I last read a Mew story, yours brought me back to the T.M.M spirit !

I liked this very much, no surprise if I discover you won. ;D

I would love to read things like this again. :D
vampirefairy09 chapter 2 . 5/4/2011
Awww its soo cute, love it. They are just adorable together.
sakuuya again chapter 2 . 1/19/2011
Also, I forgot to add this, but I freaking LOVE the general setting of this story. It's a really weird choice, but a good one, and it gives your story a bit of a different feel than, say, a Victorian AU would.
sakuuya chapter 2 . 1/19/2011
"...but it was once again silenced by her vomit" is one of the most vividly icky sentences I've ever read. That's totally not a bad thing, if that's what you were going for, but it did make the kiss at the end pretty gross, since there was no indication that she washed out her vomity mouth or anything. Again, that wouldn't be bad (still gross, though) if that's what you meant to do, but the story doesn't sound like you intended that.

I'm curious as to, first of all, where you got your initial information that Monroe was president in 1812, as well as why it would mess things up to change him to Madison. Did Madison not have kids or something? I would have liked to see more a more extensively explanatory A/N, but I may be alone there.

Overall, I thought this felt pretty slight. That could be because you had to split it into two chapters for the contest (I'm having the opposite issue with my fic, in that my chapters are way longer than I'd like, but I feel for you), or it could be because fics that are just the very beginning of a (possible) romance aren't really my cup of tea. It was fairly well-written, though, research issues aside, so please don't take this as an "I hated it," because I didn't.
mew-serene chapter 2 . 1/14/2011
Yay, this is complete, anyway here you go :

1- grammar: as always you're good, but if you try a little more it'll be perfect. We spotted some mistakes but they're barely noticeable, continue doing the good work and improving !

2- characters: you made them a little OOC, but sometimes it's good. But I'm not going to tell you, it's ruining the surprise

3-organization of events: you did well in this, but You could achieve more. Never mind, great work !

4- plot: as I've said, it's great and original, and it only getting better, wonderful plot you got here !

Anyway, I'm not giving you much information since I don't want to ruin the surprise. You did great work

My note: this story is truly great, I loved the plot and the way you made the characters so fitting for each others. I also want to tell you the fact that you're improving and that's a fantastic step in the life of a very skilled writer such as yourself. If you continue like this, you'll go really far !

I hope it wasn't a really long review, my co-judge loved your work and we're both approving on the fact that the plot is wonderful, but you had to change the details because of a fault, and that's not really great. Anyway, great work !

yours truly:

Sasha
mew-serene chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
This chapter is really great, My opinion:

1)- The plot is wonderful and unique, we barely see any fiction that take place in the past, and certainly in a time like 1812 ! As I've said, I love the plot

2)- The characters are very well represented, and the words used match the time of the fiction, and the social range of the characters, very good work on that !

3)- my Co-judge say that your grammar is really good, and that you use the right words in the right moment ! good job on this as well

4)- We both agreed that your style of given details is good and almost excellent, since you don't give much details, and in the same time you don't keep us in misery

anyway I can't really give all my toughs since I should keep you in suspense guys ! but I would like to say, very good work on this !