Reviews for Boobs McGee
Mills chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Beautifully written, beautiful story, beautiful characters. You're a brilliant Santana and Puck writer, probably my favourite actually :)

You caught it all so well, Santana's pain, the way she is always second best and how that affects her and makes her act out - it was stunning.

My favourite lines:

"She's still Santana, standing outside her car, staring at the same old boy and realizing she fell for the same old tricks."

"She doesn't answer, because in all honesty, it feels like all the times before—the grand, swooping feeling of her heart pounding in her throat, the disbelief, the perfection. The jump before the fall."
Millie chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
This story is amazing! So full of pain and emotion and love! And its my favourite couple pairing, I hope you write more wonderful Pucktana stories :)
ellociin chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
This is one of my favorite pieces of fan-fiction that I have ever read. I just love how it reads and the actions reflect the characters and give them depth. Absolutely wonderful
anna chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
i loved this one shot! absolutely wonderful
8BonnieBlue8 chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Brilliant! Really touching.
Nasuada9 chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
This is a really great story. I loved it!
xoxoemily chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
This was the most beautiful Santana story I have ever read, and of course you were the one to write it. I think a lot of writers are either storytellers or authors, and honestly you're both. You are my favorite FF writer, seriously. You take the time to develop a story, flesh it out and let it sink in. No convention errors too!

I think you did a good job tackling such a big deal in the Santana storyline. Ryan Murphy should have elaborated on this more...

I liked that you made her real, relatable. She wasnt whiny or overly bitchy. She had substance, which is hard with such a flat character. I liked how you gave her a back story that was plausible, that accounted for some of her flaws (but not all of them!) because honestly, even if you had an abusive dad and a alcoholic mom or whatever I've read, its not going to shape every little bit of your bitchy personality. And I liked that you made it about her, not Pucktana or whatever. You emphasized that she is a strong, independent woman (eventually!) which I think transcends her whore reputation. At the same time, it was Santana-centric without being all about her. You showed her relationships with other characters, which just furthered your character study of her.

You have the perfect mix of description/imagery (plot) and the emotional connection (the something more).

The lead was amazing: The water bra is on clearance. Totally caught my attention. And can I just say the water bra idea is pretty brilliant? My personal favorite explanation. Altbough BabyJane14's idea about a secret summer pregnancy is a close second in that endearingly preposterous way.

I love also the conversation with Brittany. Its how I imagine a real high school friendship would be like, if my friends were as crazy as those Gleeks. You gave Brittany an actual brain! Because really, no girl is that stupid. At least no friend of Santana's.

The Puck Santana relationship was volatile, just like it should be. I can totally see her going crazy in that car yelling at him to get out like a crazy woman. Much better than normal sobbing.

And OMG the apology! It showed total personal growth! So important. And that whole scene just made me feel at peace.

The Puck/Santana realizing they love each other: It was originally done, and I say that as a compliment because its been done SO many times. "But . . . that's the thing." "It worked." That was a fangirl moment, I admit I squealed a little.

Excellent lines:

Suddenly Santana has the feeling that the ground isn't as solid as it was this morning.

For once, she is on top of the school, unbeatable, incomparable—safe.

He doesn't say those words. Instead he says, "Why would you do this to yourself?"

The setting you made seem like a crispy New England autumn town, but I dont know the slightest thing about Ohio so :/ Oh well, I liked it.

Now there's something to look forward to—the challenge of gaining her rank back in Cheerios, the potential in Puck, even stupid regionals for glee club: Beautiful way to end up. Like new hope. Not complete, but content.

I dont know if you intended it like this, but I felt like as I read, I was Santana. It starts off a bit scattered like the plot, in the middle its like Okay, I'm okay with this. The plot settles into you a bit. Then at the end, its like you've been set free of all her burdens in the plot, and everything is content/at peace.

What lovely (possibly inadvertant) word choice.

Overall, just beautifully done as always. No one captures Santana like you. :)

So I wrote you this terribly long review and I probably sound like a crazed fan, but I felt like you were worth it. :) I thoroughly enjoyed it.
192yy chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
This is really AMAZING! I'm obsessed with Santana and Puck and have read a lot of stories about them, but your story really stands out(some of the Pucktana stories are either too ruthless or too good to be true). Your theory about Santana's summer surgery is very convincing. And I also think that you've captured their personalities so perfectly. Puck always has a thing for Quinn and Santana is definately having insecurities deep down inside. I love your ending, I mean, when the story began I thought it was going to have a sad ending :)It's not a cliche happy ending but it gives us hope~

Keep on writing! It'll be a lost if you don't write any more Pucktana stories.
charmedtomeetyou chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
LOVE THIS. I totally thought I was gonna read another fluffy one-shot about Santana and Puck (which are good, but there are SO many of those out there), but I ended up getting totally sucked into the story! It's the kind of story where, once you're done, you forget for a moment what you were doing before reading it. I love the explanations, the delving into Santana's insecurities and strength and SPUNK. I just love this story. Thumbs up!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
This is great. It's emotional, realistic, and my new head-canon.
Aimee chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Love it! You should add more chapters!
rippedjeans chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
I loved it! I feel like this is much more believable than Santana getting a boob job.
Jay Rease chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
I posted a story with a similar summary as yours. My story took a different route, and I've been seeing other stories as explanations for Santana's summer surgery. Yours by far is the most realistic I've come across. I love the glimpse you've given into her life... I also love the perfectly worded descriptions, the obvious insecurities and the canon personality traits you convey. Thanks for writing such a solid story... I really had a blast reading it.

Going to investigate your profile...

Jess
mockingjay-x chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Ah, seriously loved this. I've always felt that Santana has more insecurities than she lets on and I think you've captured her character amazingly well.

You definitely need to write more Pucktana. Without a doubt.
emenine chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Loved it! Totally how I imagined santana to be. Maybe a sequel?