Reviews for The Vikings
MIDGARDIAN chapter 1 . 12/6/2015
AS SOMEONE INTERESTED IN NORSE MYTHOLOGY AND VIKING LORE I LOOK FORWARD TO MORE TALES IN THIS SAGA. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
boojum chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
I thought I'd left a comment here long ago. Sorry I was so remiss - please forgive my lateness!

You have a gift for proposing the most fascinating AUs. I really hope to see a longer sequel pick up from this.

That was a very insightful job of sketching out everybody's characters in such a small space. I loved how you established Kris and Bjarni/Buck's relationship in just one phrase. "...The two of them had been fighting with each other or getting into mischief together (since) before they could walk properly." Truly brothers!

Josiah as the Jolaf the Pilot is very appropriate. As the preacher of Four Corners, it's Josiah's job to provide moral guidance and navigation to his teammates and the rest of his flock. According to something I once read, Western slang sometimes referred to preachers as 'Sky Pilots" Did you know that a ship has been a frequent metaphor for the Church throughout history? Often it's referred to as the Barque of Peter".

I'm going to have to see if I can find Maria Semenova's books anywhere. Hope they've been translated into English.

Thanks again.
hoellenwauwau chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
Wow, great AU, too bad you haven't written anything else in it, it seems. Chris as a Viking - I can totally see this. And you fit the OW story wonderfully into the Norse setting! Ezra keeping his name was a bit strange, but seeing as he isn't exactly Norse, well okay. I liked it very much! Especially the last line. :)
Aelan010 chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Oh my gosh that's freaking awesome. I don't normally like AUs..but I had to check it out. I mean.. common Chris as a Viking? Too awesome. I loved it!
hiddenrelevanceyahoo.com chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Wow gotta say, the names threw me a bit. I used to read quite a bit of Norse mythology but that was about the farthest I went into that culture. Still, you described each of the men just enough that they came to light again. I think Josiah was actually the hardest to recognise
Caitriona3 chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I look forward to further stories in this AU. It has a great deal of promise.

I do have one question - why did Ezra keep his name?

Anyway - well done!
colemyst chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Very nice, interesting twist as vikings. A little hard to keep track of the names but it would have come eventually :) Keep up the good work.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Totally superb! I would love to read more of this story and this AU!
sfulton229 chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Wow, terrific idea for an AU! They would make some very impressive Vikings and I can see them mauradering their way across Europe. Lovely how you blended canon and Viking society together. I would also love to know what scared Ezra more than a group of Vikings but it turned out for the best. Great how you got them heading toward the right place. You did a fantastic job setting this up! Hope to see more in this AU. Thank you for posting this here!
Marmie1955 chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
What a great beginning. Looking forward to an epic adventure. Thank you for sharing.
mikiss chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Ok, that was interesting. Are you planning to continue or was that just to meet the challenge. Funny that only Ezra gets to keep his name!
Aislinn chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
I do historical reenactment so I approached this story with a bit of trepidation. Most people have no clue about what the Norse where really like. Fortunately you are not most people. I really liked this story and you caught the flavor of the Viking age nicely. I admit I found the use of the name Ezra a bit jarring with all the other name changes. Although as a biblical name Ezra is perfectly acceptable I am not sure how wide a usage it would have outside the Jewish community at this point in history.

It is a good prologue story. I look forward to the next one.

Hugs,

Aislinn
Andrea chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Very interesting AU for the Seven. I will certainly keep an eye on this story to see where you're going with it.