Reviews for Only One Word
Aku No Kokoro chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
This is amazing, I would have loved it if there was time to flesh X out more, and make him just like this.
Bryon Nightshade chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
I've read of your X stories now, and had a few overall impressions. First, I have to give you kudos for imbuing the virus with impact than I would otherwise give it credit for. As a rule I dislike the virus plot angle; I think it drains a lot of drama and was very sloppily handled. (Among other things, how does a virus written a century earlier have the ability to infect next-generation robots? How is there... never mind, getting distracted.)
I also greatly appreciate your characterization of X. It's a necessary tonic. Too often we see X portrayed as an immature waif because... I don't know why. Even I'll admit to too easily allowing X to be lectured at, since that is his common portrayal. Problem is, his common portrayal is silly.

The only stylistic criticism I have is far more pertinent to "Wear and Tear" than this story. When you have two characters conversing and you pepper the dialogue with asides, it sometimes becomes unclear which character is speaking or thinking what. This is particularly acute when, as in the X5 chapter, you shf
Jenn chapter 1 . 1/14/2011