Reviews for Naruto: Shifts In Life
halo4hire chapter 16 . 9/18
Ok now my curiosity is piqued. How will this play out I wonder? Will the miasma that is Kurama's charkra burn away the sludge that is snake-pedo? Will it be assimilated into Naruto, burning the hidden soul in the seal? Or will it work like juugo's bloodline and constantly absorb natural chakra? The last two questions kinda are the same, with different wording.
halo4hire chapter 15 . 9/18
Heads up: during ibiki's monologue, you have "...the result the result..."
halo4hire chapter 12 . 9/18
You know, on a side note, has anyone ever really noticed a pattern of sorts in cannon? Naruto trains for an enemy, Naruto fights said enemy, naruto befriends said enemy, enemy dies. Only four enemies I can think that haven't died: Beetle-butt (Kabuto), Snake-pedo (Orochimaru), big-Fuzzy (kurama, who I don't actually think can die. I mean he'd get erased as a personality if he gets assimilated into the juubi, but he'd technically still be there...), and duckbutt- prime. Everyone else tends to die. Haku, zabuza, Gaara (though admittedly he was resurrected by a plot device), Nagato, and Obito.
halo4hire chapter 9 . 9/17
You know, the thought occurred to me: there are a lot of mentor!anko fics out there where Naruto uses foul language minutely, but still gets admonished for it. yet ,if I remember correctly, teme either means "bastard" or "asshole" in effect, yeah? Like "duckbutt-teme" would essentially be like saying "duckbutt, you bastard". So how come in any of these pics, does no one admonish him for saying it? Even in canon, "dobe" and "teme" are regular occurrences in the script, yet nobody bats an eye.
halo4hire chapter 8 . 9/17
Totally missed opportunity for a shunshin into a tree
"Shunshin!" WHAM! "Ow..." Lather rinse repeat
halo4hire chapter 7 . 9/17
You went into bold for a sentence, when duckbutt prime used the fireball technique. The whole sentence was in bold.
halo4hire chapter 6 . 9/17
Towards the end it got stuck in italics. Somehow I've seen a lot of posts do this, so I blame the upload system of ff. I feel I must apologize if I seem like I'm being either obnoxiously anal about the grammar or being an intentional flame in these reviews, please believe that I'm only trying to be helpful. I see a story that could be one of the better stories in the naru subsection, and your talent shows in the chapters. As I'm only on the wave arc, I can't say this is THE best story I've read, but so far, it's very entertaining. Though I would have died if Tora came out of the cage and immediately pounced on duckbutt prime.
RRRANR! AAAAH WHY ME?!
halo4hire chapter 5 . 9/17
Yokai, isn't that the word for the supernatural entities, ie demons, in Japanese mythology? Which would include nine tailed foxes? Since cannon made kurama a beast made of sentient chakra why not just say "the foxes power"? You really need to fire your beta.
halo4hire chapter 1 . 9/17
This chappy could use a once over. Not saying it's bad, though most seemed like I was rereading canon, no I'm saying there are a few words that are misused. For example, when dumbass 1 begins spouting about how naru is the demon, you used degree instead of decree. Your beta failed to pick that one up, assuming you have a beta. You seem a good enough writer to have attracted one...
assassin9707 chapter 2 . 9/16
God fucking damit why just fucking why WHY DO THEY ALWAYS GO FOR THE FUCKING BO STAFF god fucking damit this story is officially ruined for me
Kingkong101 chapter 19 . 9/14
Nicok chapter 1 . 9/11
Warning: Fem Kyuubi, Half-Demon Immortal Naruto development.
13thxenos chapter 43 . 9/12
This is getting harder to read.
It was supposed to change from canon after a while. But after more than half of the story is finished, there are still things that happen just like in the canon.
And it became mostly fillers with not so interesting plots, boring fights and not a lot of character development or even romance to justify them.
I'm depressed that there are still more than 200000 words till I finish this story.
dylansandy1993 chapter 66 . 9/11
while you were unhappy with the story. I personally really liked how you did an alternative take on the possible outcomes of the Naruto franchise.
Too often is it the same bad guys. Maybe even going as far as making the tsuchikage a more pivotal character..
I honestly liked how you spaced out the lemons. though if I'm honest your lemons themselves were rather short. Only a few highlighted narutos upgrades as a Shinobi. (could have highlighted it with relationships he starts with civilians).

all in all. is rate it a solid 8/10. while I probably won't read it again. (there are too many stories out there to read to re read the entire thing) the powers and character dynamics were both original and memorable. I definitely reccomend reading it to any Naruto fan!
Lol I skipped this chapter among others and went straight ahead. The plot is moving along at the speed of a heavily sedated snail.
6,267 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »