Reviews for Naruto: Shifts In Life
Guest chapter 1 . 2h
In his defense he didn't even
think to use it on his paperwork
1529 chapter 46 . 7/26
I have to say that this story started out very good and then got better. Unfortunately things took a turn for the worst during the Chunin exams and there has been a pretty continuous trend since then. Since the exams, Naruto has seemed to coast, he hasn't seemed to get any faster (in six months he went from dead last to better than Lee and Neji), he's only seemingly learned the Rasengan (in six months he learned more than a dozen jutsu, although he has used only a very few of them), and, overall, he has seemed to regress in both capabilities as well as maturity and intelligence (he seems to act more and more like a blend of Suuseke and Neji as time goes on).

The story started great, but the last eight plus chapters it seems to be a different story where the main character got lost somehow and ended up in the wrong story. Overall, it seems that the author making a conscious decision to keep Naruto fairly weak at this point in the story, and that seems to run counter to the idea behind this story.

I hope the concept can be reduced behind the original concept as this story has tremendous potential.
kami god shinigami chapter 6 . 7/25
Why did you switch to italics at the end after naruto's thoughts
On chapter 17; Star Wars crossover pleas no don't make me puke
Dragon chapter 12 . 7/22
All I can say is i hate you for killing Haku.
Rangle chapter 37 . 7/15
Oh Wow. What the hell Guren actually outlasting Naruto in stamina/chakra? She's not starting fresh while Naruto, a nine tails host, is starting fresh. So, all his training is useless.. he's just progressing the same in canon and he's not that much better is he? This story.. wow after 37 chapters where's the payoff? Where's the improvement? Naruto is still limited to 1 tail. Naruto a half demon Hanyou is out of chakra fighting Guren... I don't even know what to say more about this. Except it's time to move on. After 37 chapters reading and reviewing.. all I got is disappointment in the story. It left a bad taste.
Rangle chapter 34 . 7/15
Man, Naruto became such a playa. How many girls has he dated now.. goodness gracious.
Rangle chapter 25 . 7/15
Hmm, I think in an effort to humbled Naruto you actually made a Mary Sue out of Yugito. I mean seriously she is perfect. She is very good socially, very powerful for her age group, the best of the best in the genin rank, and very beautiful. I don't know if you did it on purpose or not. But I have a feeling you did because of the heavy handedness of it. You actually made Yugito even stronger than Kakashi. It's a bit too much really. It actually made her character seems unreal as in badly written.

Your Naruto tho' is not a Gary Stu. I have to congratulate you on that. Even with all the advantages he had in this fanfic, he only advances that far. It just goes to show that he has a low quality based abilities. His based physical attributes is also seem to be quite low in quality. Even after becoming a Hanyou or half demon, he only increased just a tad bit. Think of it.. if you give his advantages to someone like Sasuke or Neji, they'll be so powerful in just under 1 year using the kage bushin and kyuubi healing factor.
Rangle chapter 23 . 7/15
Hmm, if you made Naruto struggled too much against Neji then this fanfic is pointless. You gave Naruto all kind of advantages at the very least he should performed a bit better than Canon, which he did against Neji. It's believable because all the background you put in. In fact I think he should have progressed farther than at this chapter.
Rangle chapter 18 . 7/14
Hoh, Naruto is freaking out over nothing because of his "immortality". It's a not a true immortality in that he can be killed. Since he is a ninja, chances are he'll die in the line of duty LOL. Live long enough and everyone will definitely slip up. So, he shouldn't worry about not seeing his loved ones in the afterlife.
Rangle chapter 17 . 7/14
Yes, fem kyuubi and half demon Naruto is a bit of a cliche but... at least the story is now diverging a bit from canon. So, it's getting better at least for my taste.
Rangle chapter 16 . 7/14
Uh, cursed seal on a Jinchuuriki? I don't think that'll work as intended. And I assume Orochimaru in Canon is smart enough to know that. There's a reason why he doesn't hunt tailed beast hosts and mark them. It might be because of lying low to Akatsuki but I think mostly because the cursed seal will react badly with Jinchuurikis.
Rangle chapter 14 . 7/14
I truly hope you differed from the canon a bit in this the chuunin exam arc. Although, to be honest I'm quite curious how you'll do it. Your Naruto while stronger than canon hasn't developed to be powerful enough to change anything from the original chuunin exam arc. He's just a little better that's it. Heh, he still can't do jackshit against jonins.
Rangle chapter 12 . 7/14
I guess I'm a douchebag? It's just a story. I didn't feel anger or sadness reading the chapter. It was quite entertaining tho'. Although, if you truly believe what you said in the AN regarding having the need to understand/feel great pain to understand true happiness that's just philosophical bullshit/mumbo jumbo to me LOL. My real life growing up was filled with such hardships/pains that people in developed countries won't understand an iota of it. It didn't give me an understanding of true happiness.
Rangle chapter 8 . 7/14
Hmm, you're the one who asked to R&R. I found the last couple of chapters painful to read. Oh, I think you write really well but it's just too boring. It's too similar to canon and I have the feeling things are going to result the same as in the canon. It might progress a bit differently but you're probably going to stay in the safe zone with the same results.

I also suspect you're going to up Sasuke and Sakura skills and abilities.. in essence negating any advantages that Naruto has over them, heh. Because by logic Naruto can't be that more powerful than his teammates, right? I'll be glad if I'm proven wrong in future chapters.. but I seriously doubt it. So far this fanfic stays in the safe zone too much.
4,774 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »