Reviews for poignant
Seba20 chapter 1 . 1/4
Hi Call [me Milady], I reread this. Hell yeah, I love how you write and this fic specially because... OH God this was one of the first fics that I read in the past, when I didn't knew very much of English, so reread this is sooo wonderful and remembering my first time reading this was better. Thanks Call [me Milady] forrrrr thiss... Ssseeeee yooouuuu lateeeeerrr (shdhd don't worry with historical errors djdjjd)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
Also, Columbus "discovered" the Americas (most think he landed in the Bahamas) in 1492 so that was the real beginning of the Spanish Empire not 1498. And another friggin lie by that dimwitted Himaruya was that Spain was NOT defeated by the Ottoman Empire at least not long term and he won quite a few battles against him too, most famously Battle of Lepanto which although was a Catholic coalition, it was mostly led by Spanish leadership and funded by Spanish money. Spain was a powerhouse even beyond what Hetalia tries to portray.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
This was a semi-cute fic but the history was wrong. Spain was NEVER "conquered" by Austria. Himaruya stupidly misled people when he said that. Their union as the Hapsburgs happened when Queen Isabel of Castilla married off her daughters to Hapsburg kings. So please do a bit more research before writing a historical fiction. Spain was quite adept at fighting (spent a few hundred years having civil wars between Muslims and Christians). He was not as strong as he'd become but he was still quite powerful and then when they DID unite, Austria and the HRE actually relied heavily on Spain's strength during the Thirty Years War. : /
JJ-Jam chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
Oh my feels. Ohhhh my feels.

... AAAAAAAGH-
Fujiko-the-cute08 chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Yeeey!1 new Spabel fanfic! I really like it i hope you make much more! \(O7O)/
andy-chan24 chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
/3 Youch. :(
Eliza Varam chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
This story is so well, written and organized (not to mention with my favorite pairing), I couldn't help but fall in love with it! Thank you for writing this!
Cutiee-Pummkinn chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Ugh, reading this story was painful. However, I mean this in the very good way as in this story is so darn amazing that my heart kept being tugged and pulled around throughout the whole story.

I just started to like this pairing today. You just made me fall in love with them. I just love the way you depicted them. Thank you, really, for writing this fanfic.
mayaoneechan13 chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Terrific story, if I do say so myself

Well now, what to say?

Spain/Belgium rocks, but we've never seen them together after Belgium broke away.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the only time we saw her was when Romano was still ChibiRomano, right?

Getting to the actual review here, I have to say, I always figured it had to come to an end. And the end you wrote was just perfect. I liked how bittersweet it was, and how the whole story fit into history.

Great job!
xxkoffeexx chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Lovely piece of historical fiction, this. I really liked how you linked some of the tension between Belgium and Spain throughout history, even during times when she was loyal to him. Spain's change in character during his conquistador years really gave me a chill. :) But he's so hot. And I like this version of SpainxBelgium - though the other fic that I got to read was pretty good too. Great work!
tm2yk chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
The ending was very sad... The meeting between Spain & Belgium was adorable.

Although the story lack sense of humor, you did manage to write an interesting story related to history. Good job!
heygodcomplex chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
oh dear fuck

and thus, i am driven incoherent by this, represented by gibberish asdfghkjsaklfjowingias;k;;;jl;;;;;;;;;;

more seriously, fuck. this. uh. well, to try to give an actual review.

so i started out reading this, and i was like 'ahaha how cute spain is so childish and hey lol austria hit him with a stick i bet this is going to be totally hilarious and cuuuute', utterly disregarding the story tags and the actual history (man, i wish reviews could italicize) and then the story progressed and took a turn for the angst and dark and tragic and i was like 'ffffffff so pretty, so so so jelly'. just, yeah.

i love the characterization of belgium here - not like she gets a heapload of love or actual serious portrayals from the fandom, and then when you start dividing things further down, like into pairings and relationships, good stuff gets harder to find, and i don't even know where i'm going with this, just that i love belgium here, which is kind of saying a lot since i don't care much for her (most of the time i use her - or see her, even, in fanwork - it's as a Generic Female Character ). the romance is absolutely heartbreaking, last line especially. that spiral down into the darker emotions and moods was so well-paced and just unf, perfect, and a wonderful parallel (i'm not quite sure i'm using the right word, forgive me, it's late - early? - in the morning) to their relationship.

fact that this is historical even better.

and oh i don't even know what else to say i need to stop gushing. but yeah 9001
Arlequino chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
You awakened the patriot in me. -Hearts hearts-
Shadow chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
This is a amazing story! I feel bed so Spain at the end when he loses his Belgium. :( I really hope you write a sequel or continune the stroy.
fluffymareep chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I, like, seriously love this.