Reviews for I don't really like parties all that much anyway
Icecat62 chapter 1 . 4/9
This is one of the best alternate ending fics Zi've ever read. You have Johnny's voice and mannerisms down, the friendships, the staff at Rampart are all well written...this is an example of the best of what an E! fic should be. Many many kudos to you.
FlaFan chapter 11 . 3/27/2014
Just terrific. You really do have Johnny's voice in your head (which isn't a bad thing ;).
Var Devonshire chapter 11 . 12/26/2013
AWESOME! Well written! Enjoyed every word of this story.
Var Devonshire chapter 8 . 12/26/2013
Oh geez. I'll have a hard time looking at eggs the same way for a while. Nicely handled!
Var Devonshire chapter 7 . 12/26/2013
Wow! Um, that's all I can say cuz I gotta keep reading. Great job so far though!
Var Devonshire chapter 5 . 12/26/2013
I'm so impressed with this story. You've got a great writing style, have a firm grasp of Johnny's character and dealing with the pain. I'm curious to see what Hank is going to bring to the story.
Jojara chapter 11 . 6/12/2013
I really don't know what to say as a review that hasn't been said. This is very realistic, much more than the actual show. Trauma does play over and over in your head like one of those Wheel-o Toys... or would you know what one of those is?
coloradoandcolorado1 chapter 11 . 11/2/2011
What a great way to end. I always felt like this episode didn't deal realistically with what happened, but now you've made it complete. Thanks!
coloradoandcolorado1 chapter 3 . 11/2/2011
Loved this exchange:

"Man, you were here all night, weren't you." Of course he was.

"Of course I was."
coloradoandcolorado1 chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
You have captured John's POV perfectly.
Enfleurage chapter 10 . 10/1/2011
Really like how Johnny works through the differences between limits and limitations. He knows the differences and is realistic about himself. And as always, the humor which is an essential part of his character is right there: "At least, in my opinion. Which I value." made me laugh.
Enfleurage chapter 9 . 10/1/2011
This chapter seems to be grounded in women's wisdom. First Nurse Gibson (and I really like her - she just seems like exactly the nurse you'd want taking care of you: competent, smart, caring without being intrusive) gives them the tools to deal with Roy being associated with bad memories and then Joanne DeSoto sets Roy right about how he shouldn't underestimate the power of pain.
Enfleurage chapter 6 . 10/1/2011
In the context of the flashbacks - Roy was there for the scary bad stuff - it makes sense that it's easier to talk to Cap than Roy, plus Cap had managed to decode Johnny's ramblings into understanding that he was experiencing flashbacks running in a loop that Gage couldn't seem to break.

I liked Dixie showing up as a patient and not knowing what had happened. The show didn't seem to enforce patient privacy - Brackett, Joe Early and Dixie seemed to know everything that was going on even when maybe they shouldn't - but it's nice to see it here.

Slight continuity issue: McConnikee shows up in Season 6, two seasons after 'Surprise' so John would not have seen Cap freak out about that yet since it hadn't yet happened.
Enfleurage chapter 5 . 10/1/2011
Another great chapter. I adore Cap and it's awesome that he understands what Johnny's going through, both the staying on top of the pain and the inability to stop the flashbacks from overwhelming you. He's older and has had more experience than Johnny, Roy or the others and it's a great use of it here, plus some hints of backstory.
Enfleurage chapter 4 . 10/1/2011
This story just keeps getting better and better and better. Standouts from this chapter:

1) Johnny reliving what happened and unable to turn it off

2) Roy leaving the sign "Try Not to Move it - It will hurt"

3) Starting to remember what happened in actual coherent detail

4) Full sensarama, specifically Gage remembering the smell of the gas in that building

5) Dixie's guidance to the nurse on the pain scale (btw, I really like this nurse, she feels like a real person, compassionate, firm and fair)

6) A mild bit of PTSD starting to emerge perhaps?