Reviews for Coping Mechanisms
Skwrl chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
The sound you just heard was my heart breaking into tiny pieces. *sobs quietly*
This was heart-breaking and beautiful, thank you for writing and sharing!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
*sobs*
Ruby Dogwood of Shadydown chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
OMG! I think I cried for more than half the chapter (

Very well written though.
Mangal2012 chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
...you complete and utter b*stard...I very sincerely want to hurt you...you can't just-I mean-what is WRONG with you?! ?! You KILLED JOHN! ! ! ! JOHN EFFIN WATSON! ! ! ! SHERLOCK'S John! ! ! ! And to have them LEAVE Sherlock like that?! ?! You are messed up in the head! ! ! I am ABSOLUTELY sure that if I had been listening to When I'm Gone by Eminem...I would've actually CRIED...and for me that is REALLY hard to do with reading! !

I love this story, sad though it may be! !

I'm gonna check for a sequel!
Knyle Borealis chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
I...think you broke me. My brain is broken. Or is that my heart?
Xin0Lan chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
So John's alive in the end?
It was really good, full of feelings until the last but, then I got a bit lost.

Emi-Ly Sway chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
I'm crying.
Why are you doing this.
And release date of season three has been put off. This fandom is going to kill me.
TT.TT chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
Lestrade wasn't sure what the tipping point had been for him, when exactly he'd started taking Sherlock's detachment from humanity and emotion for granted, but he knew down to the second the moment that that supposed detachment had been proven wrong.

The image of Sherlock Holmes, his face half-covered in blood and twisted in anguish as he pumped the heart of his dead companion ... it was something Lestrade knew he'd never get out of his head.

It had been a shock. Somewhere along the way, Lestrade had forgotten that Sherlock Holmes was human.

... do you hear that? It's the sound of me sobbing. Sobbing and rocking in the corner. Thank you, for breaking my heart into small, manageable pieces.
IrisIncendium chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
I‘m crying like a little baby, are you happy now? Spectacular story.
hope-to-live chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
The ending was...wow. There are no words to desrcibe how sad it was but also happy in a dementee way. The exact words I thought was "they're realy going to keep him like that. It made want to cry. It was realy an amazing story. It was just...wow. you blew my mind in every way possible. You're obviosly a great author. This story and the ending was just so sad. I feel conflicted in a good but frustrating way.(grabs hair and shake head) wow Thanks for writing this awesome story!
InazumaElle chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
/Dude.../ Seriously. That was... I don't even have words for it. It's awesome, and I loved it!
JoyRose10 chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
No, I agree with Sherlock, John simply can't be dead.
dismallyOriented chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
You, dear writer, have completely trashed my feels. All of them. This fic was just the perfect mix of sad and chilling and heartwarming.

I noticed that at first, when Sherlock leaves for the case and talks to "John", "John" doesn't have any real dialogue. It's just descriptions of what he's doing. And then "John" becomes more and more present in the story, until the last passage, when Sherlock returns to the flat, where "John" is just as present as any other character. It's as if Sherlock, on some level, knows that he's deluding himself, but is just letting himself fall deeper into his delusion, because the alternative is just that terrible.

"The elephant in my head. Oh really, Mycroft, did you actually think I was going to go into a fit of self-indulgent grief over a man like Moriarty?"

This. Dear god, for a moment I thought he was going to get it. You really do know how to play with your readers's emotions.
seishi1 chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
What a beautifully written and complex mind f*** of a story. You made me teary in the middle.
Uryuu-Nipaa chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Oh my god, this was so painful to read and so sad but still so amazing. It actually made me cry.
116 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »