Reviews for Beyond the Fallow Field
Marvey4 chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Oh my. What a story! It's flawless, seriously. The structure, the style, everything. We want more good stories like this in the site.
Sarah1281 chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
I can't help but feel sorry for Jen Zi. Yes, she technically chose to do this but it's like the ultimate surrendering to the path of the open palm. She's the only spirit monk left so it's not enough that she killed two emperors and DIED in the service of the Water Dragon. Instead, she's forced to rebuild Dirge. It's just so tragic. She'll never really be free, will she? I didn't really get the sense that she was happy. But then, I consider not having to grow up in Dirge to be the one bright spot for the Spirit Monk about the whole mess.
luvondarox chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
This is utterly beautiful, and fantastically written. I'd love to see more.

The way you write the evolution of Sky and Jen Zi's relationship as she has to take on the monumental task of being Spirit Monk is one I haven't seen before. I'm glad that she still has someone in her life, you know?
JadeOokami chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
Wow. I haven't seen a SkyxPC FRIENDSHIP fic before. Then again, I haven't ever seen a fic with Sky as a main character that was just friends (Well, there's not many Jade Empire fics to begin with, but still...)

I don't know what I was expecting when I clicked on this, but I was still pleasently surprised, lol! I love your dialog and the way the characters mesh together so well. Characterization is amazing. And the Dialog. Did I mention the dialog?

I wish there were more like this! It was a very fun read, for sure.