Reviews for Encounter
nicbob255 chapter 6 . 3/28
Sorry, I also have to include that the character of Kino here, I feel, is very OOC. She really seems like a totally different character here, and in the first few chapters it sounds like she has a western accent for some reason. I'm not sure. Also, Hermes seems here more like an uptight dick than he did in the anime, which in the anime was a somewhat annoying character but that was really it. I think you should rework the characters and the story again because I feel they're very OOC as the Kino here just looks like a full ranged psychopath. Then again, that's just my opinion.
COBRASTEVE chapter 1 . 3/10
Its hard to keep track of who is speaking in this style, but I really enjoyed this first chapter so far. I am a Kino fan and wish they would have made a sequel. Oh well. Good story so far.
nicbob255 chapter 7 . 2/27
Is that it? Or is there more to this? I actually kind of enjoy this, though Kino may be a bit OOC which I don't understand her hatred of Joseph (though there may be more to this, so maybe I'll find out later). It's also hard to distinguish who's talking and from who's POV we're reading from (Kino, Joseph, ?). It would have been better if you showed events entirely from Josephs POV like the 1st two chapters, I think that would help the story the a lot(but that's just me). If you used a different font for each character, I think I could know who it is a lot better. I think due to this, the events shown end up looking nearly incomprehensible and disjointed. Despite these flaws, I found the story to be enjoyable nonetheless. Though, with the steam line of fics that have great potential but end up being chalked down the street and abandoned completely, I hope that you will continue this story soon. I'll follow it nonetheless.
LinaRiceball chapter 5 . 10/11/2014
That was absolutely incredible. Not in a very long while have I been graced with such a well-written, fast-paced and intriguing story. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I thank you so much for writing it. I do still have one remaining question, however; who exactly is Joseph? I kept recalling in the beginning how he was saying that he knew Kino (who Im assuming is the "green girl"). This is my third time re-watching the series, and I cant seem to remember a bespectacled man under the name of Joseph in any of the episodes. Is he perhaps from the light novel or manga?
In any case, thank you for such a satisfying read. Please dont feel pressured to answer my question, although I would greatly appreciate it if you could. I look forward to reading more of your work.
Esprit D'escalier chapter 2 . 10/13/2011
Hm, interesting so far. Hasn't been updated in a while though, are you planning to continue?
Esprit D'escalier chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Wait, what just happened there? Why would she do that?

Anyway, took me forever to figure out the boy and the mottarad were Kino and Hermes. Derp.
Behind The Screen It Falls chapter 2 . 4/2/2011
By gosh, this is great! I love seeing things through the magical fantasies of Kino no Tabi and this fanfiction seems so close to the real anime!

Keep it up!

~Star529
carmensakura07 chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
pretty interesting
The Blue Footed Booby chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
What an unusual take on the character! It's always interesting to see a familiar character through unfamiliar eyes; they always see new things.

I would suggest filling in the context though. We know so little about our POV character's past, why he traveled, how he was injured, how he knew Kino or someone very like Kino, or the motives behind Kino's actions. Of course an author may choose to leave some things hinted at or ambiguous.

Your version of Hermes is charming... I forget how annoying he can be sometimes.