Reviews for Homecoming
Ickarium chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
I especially enjoyed the first half. I thought the second half didn't flow as well, but it was still very good.

You got Foix and Liss down really well, I thought.
MelindaOz chapter 5 . 8/25/2013
Hiya, just found your piece by serendipity (and a spur of the moment Google search.) I very much enjoyed it and thought you got Liss and Foix's characters down really accurately. The plot was interesting and drew me in, and I liked that the opponent was tough to conquer and that you tied in Foix's struggle with his faith and his learning. Very well done!
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 9/7/2012
"We've handled a demon, we can surely handle a wedding. Together."

She smiled. "Yes we can. Together."

-Snicker. The wedding will be harder...

Very good story, enjoyed it a lot.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/18/2012
Oops. All their plans to wait for Ista have just flown out the window, or I should say, run off with Seve and Toma to Vilma's farm. Good chapter.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/3/2012
That's actually a good plan; the demon inside Toma would be worried about losing the other family members, but if Foix and Liss still leave town, and don't appear to come back, then things are likely to calm down.

And the sun will rise in the west, too (she giggles). Since the Dratsab is in charge, *nothing* is going to go right.

Until they finally do, of course.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 7/31/2012
Everything was fine.

-Eeep! No, it isn't. But with a great deal of luck it still might be.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Maybe her homecoming wouldn't be the huge event—or huge ordeal—she had feared.

-(hollow laughter) Foolish mortal!

And the farm didn't get smaller-Liss just got bigger.

I do love your Evil Cliffie, though. Foix wouldn't be mistaken about a demon.
NanC chapter 5 . 2/4/2011
Well done! And oddly enough, I'm just home froma day spent at a local medieval fair, so the fantasy/historical elements of the story really fell into place for me tonight. :) I like that you ended the story with Ista once again chiding her lord Bastard. Keep 'em coming, please. :)
skeptic7 chapter 5 . 2/4/2011
Wonderful chapter. I love the way Royina Ista arrives in the nick of time. Its wonderful the way that prayer can be used as an instant messaging service. I love the way that even with changes of horses, hard riding is still painful.

The last part has a lot of deus ex machina but then a real Bastard is involved. I do hope everyone lives happily ever after and Liss friends have her wedding well in hand.
NanC chapter 4 . 1/25/2011
One of the results of your story, 'Homecoming', is that I've borrowed the "Paladin of Souls" on cd from the library to listen to on my daily drives. I'd forgotten more of the story and I knew and between the cd and your fic, I'm relearning the tale and furthering my enjoyment of all things LMB related. Thanks for that. :)
HollywdLiz chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
I really like the premise, and I love Liss and Foix meeting her family. Can't wait to see what happens with her brother and the demon!

A few housekeeping notes: It's "Porifors," not "Porcifors," and "Roknari," not "Rocknari."

Looking forward to new chapters!
skeptic7 chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
This is nit picky but you have Rowina in several places instead of Royina.
skeptic7 chapter 3 . 1/13/2011
nice. Lovely two chapters and everyone is behaving sensibly. Much more common sense here than is normal. You need to notify the bujold_fic community that there is a new chapter up. I didn't expect an update so soon and only hit this story by accident.
elishtar chapter 2 . 1/12/2011
Thank you so so much for your story! I am a big fan of the Chalion and I always wanted to see a fic about Foix and Liss, even if I keep imagining the presentation to Foix's family, not Liss's. But it's nonetheless great so keep going!
skeptic7 chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
I love Liss's family, all the brothers and sisters. I like the way Liss's mother gets the soldiers and her unmarried daughter apart before they can do more than smile at each other. This is a great chapter. The worry about the family reunion was so unbelievable.