Reviews for Hunters
Kelaria chapter 35 . 6/26/2011
Exciting ending - I'm having fun catching up with this saga, and it sounds like there's a lot more in store for the next one!

I get a kick out of the irony of Ryn & Anakin's relationship - for two people who have shared such a close bond, they sure manage to misunderstand each other every step of the way! :D

Meanwhile, poor Obi-Wan spent the entire story locked up... *huggles Obi*

I was intrigued by that one little section in Chapter 21, at 500 Republica... A bit of foreshadowing of what's to come?

As always, I'm loving the scenery and details about Lorethan culture - that makes it really fun! )
pronker chapter 35 . 4/19/2011
I can't tell you how much this chapter spurs a reader onward. The drops of information, such as the unfortunate apprentice, the Hole In The World, and the name-dropping of Zan Arbor ... and the contentiousness between Anakin and Ryn. It makes them seem more realistic, as a couple, to my eyes, at least. Congratulations on finishing your story.
pronker chapter 34 . 4/14/2011
Excellent visual and sense of movement with the kneeing of their mounts, sweeping across the landscape without trying to hide *whew, what a relief for them all, after the bolg!* and the storming the doors open. Evinne deserves the mantle of clan leader. Also, the little touch of Evinne wanting Makesh by her side humanizes her to the reader. And Anakin, 'golden as the god of some forgotten tribe,' I really liked that phrase. And now on to the rescue.
Estora chapter 34 . 4/13/2011
EVINNEGASM!

[/pants]

Badass Ryn is badass... but I LOVED Evinne here, she was SO EPIC.

Awesome chapter, I love it!
pronker chapter 33 . 4/12/2011
Ahah! ffn is allowing me to review. Sooo, I liked the group's actions and Anakin's /re/actions to Ryn's warlording it. He's getting the idea pounded in about her childhood and the shifting loyalties and alliances that made it up. As a Jedi, he's used to one loyalty and that must be interesting for him to contemplate. Also, this ends in a cliffie and you know how I like those! So Evinne has a cunning plan and the plot thickens about whether Kit is using witchcraft to further his ambitions, and where does that leave Granta and Co. in the scheme ... your plot is fascinating. Not forgetting Obi-Wan, whose imprisonment would leave some sort of impression, even if a temporary depression where he forgets to keep up his appearance or ODs on Twinkies, or something. I'm happy with your story.
Estora chapter 33 . 4/11/2011
Got the alert for this when we were chatting earlier, but I didn't review right away because I was in a lecture. :P Good on you for updating again! :D

So sad for Ryn. A thirteen year old girl, leading troops to their deaths... it's the horror of a child soldier. And of course, as you brilliantly wrote in this chapter, there's a big difference between Padme and Ryn. Padme is hopelessly naive - she didn't know the people who died. She didn't know what battle meant. But Ryn, she knows that all too well, and it's very sad. :(

I LOVE EVINNE. Loved the talk she and Ryn had, but WHY YOU CUT IT OFF THERE. NOT FAIR.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Estora chapter 32 . 4/11/2011
ANAKIN YOU HORNY BASTARD, YOU.

And of course, misunderstandings all around - poor Ryn, but, um, I found the conversation absolutely hilarious, first Ryn thinking he had a problem with bedwetting, then thinking he was talking about her getting aroused, and then finally understanding that he's had ANOTHER wet dream. Yeesh, one would think that with all that running and fighting he'd be too tired to have a wet dream, but clearly that boy has Chosen One stamina, tee hee.

The thing with Kit was creepy though. Eech, poor Ryn. *Shudders*

Ryn's talk to Anakin about destiny was interesting - she certainly has a point. Anakin is always so fixated on the concept of him being the Chosen One, wondering what it means, it's his destiny... and good on her for bringing up Padme. Half the reason I think Anakin was so infatuated with her was that he'd created this image of her when he was young, and he convinced himself that he was destined for her...

Another good chapter! :D :D
Estora chapter 31 . 4/11/2011
Lol! Okay, first off, I saw this and squeed:

"and that thing with Ferus was ... subtle, but good."

:D :D :D

GO FERYN!

It's so good to see Ryn making peace with herself a bit, the feeling that she's now whole for the first time in ages. Yes, she's still in pain, but she's in control of it more than she was before, always something reassuring.

Oh, Obi-Wan. Head!canon is telling me that he's too fearful of Omega's announcement that Anakin is (or might be) dead to *feel* the impact of it, so he removes himself emotionally from the situation to assess it, because he can't afford to break down...

(What? It's my head!canon, don't argue with it. [/stubborn] )

I do so love your imagery in this chapter, Wyn - Loreth is captured so beautifully, I can really picture it. :D

Onto the next chapter!
Estora chapter 30 . 4/11/2011
Ryn in her zone - fantastic. Excellent battle scene - again, the sense of urgency is really utilised to create a thrilling adventure, well done! Anakin's bond with Ryn and his fear for her is so very *him* - he needs her.

Another great chapter!
Estora chapter 29 . 4/11/2011
What an exciting chapter! Anakin and Ryn and the Lorethans fighting, shape shifting monsters - thrilling. :D Evinne is wonderful, as always. Lots of short scenes - very effective, it adds to the sense of urgency fuelling this chapter. Great job!

Obi-Wan POV! Poor man, I hope Anakin finds him soon. Although I confess I'm a bit confuzzled as to why he doesn't react when Omega taunts him with the idea that Anakin has met an untimely end. That's probably one of the things that can make him lost composure - in one of the Dark Horse comics (I think it was Last Stand on Jabiim?), it showed Asajj Ventress taunting Obi-Wan, to which he lashed out in denial. But then, I'm always one to capitalise on any Obi-Wan angst, so maybe it's just me. _
Estora chapter 28 . 4/11/2011
Well, hey, here I am catching up on reviews you deserve eons ago! Go Estora. :P

Ah, Ryn, so duty bound - it must be breaking Anakin's heart to hear her talk about dying, so dedicated to her duty. It's almost terrifying in a way, to hear a child soldier (even though Ryn is more mature than most adults) speak like that.

And of course, Anakin's saving-people-thing, presented beautifully. Great chapter!

Es.

x
pronker chapter 32 . 4/9/2011
I'm glad you worked in Yodaisms here - it does tie everything in to SW, even on Loreth - and the morning-breath things are funny. Poor Anakin, 'wet' emcompasses so /many/ meanings ...
pronker chapter 31 . 4/3/2011
Sleipniri are good to have, even in the dense trees, I should think, for they, as stated, have the packs. This is making a way out, nice and plotty of the author, I must say; otherwise, when *and I say /when/ and not /if/* Obi-Wan is rescued there won't be a plot hole. And the bit of cheer is welcome, with the better, more friendly, forest and some light.

So, Obi-Wan is thinking about his useless end of the bond and whether or not his Padawan has died, that's nice and angsty! Maybe a touch of sentiment, like remembering something Anakin did a a cutie-pie nine year-old, wouldn't be amiss and would add to Obi-Wan's description? He's had some 'stoic' writing and this imprisonment/molesting thing could wear him down a little. Anyway, yay an update! ffn can be stinky that way and there's a method using import but I forget what the steps are, sorry.
IWannaLightsaber chapter 30 . 3/31/2011
This is great! Can't wait for updates! I like how you are maturing and developing Anakin. It has very fast and smooth pace and an original and exciting plot. Keep up the good work!
pronker chapter 30 . 3/31/2011
Wow, nice action here! Luring the tree into quicker growth, that's almost Tom Bombadil and Goldberry-ish, I really liked that part.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »