Reviews for Fractures of Reality
Azucar chapter 3 . 3/24/2015
REALLY awesome. Well written, steamy and deep. Great job!
Sugar
Guest chapter 3 . 3/16/2013
You have no idea how much I love your stories and I'm terribly sad you haven't written more Mentalist in these couple of years... You're an incredible writer and I wish you'd write for these two again. Please consider it?!
Guest chapter 3 . 7/11/2012
Please come back to the mentalist. I have no clue if you intend to, I'd love you gave us news because you'll always be one of my favorites TM authors. I thoroughly miss you, particularly now that the J&L relationship is taking a deeper level. Come back please
csiAngel chapter 3 . 5/27/2012
Excellent angst. I like that you have interwoven their relationship with the events of the show, it works really well. I love them together, you write them so beautifully, and so realistically. It's not soppy, it's real and lovely. I really enjoyed this little series.
ultra dragon chapter 3 . 12/28/2011
Well that was freaking awesome.

I had hoped that we might see how the date with Frye went, but it doesn't really matter. Your story is great!
Syd15 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
AMAZING!

Wow, when I saw that these pieces dealt with the episodes Kristina was around I was kind of afraid of reading them because I wasn't really up for too much angst and this issue with Kristina was really... Let's say difficult, but I loved how you went around it. I think I like your version much more than the show (okay, I'm loving the show so far, but this was awesome, there were even sexy times, as always, that's a bonus for me!)

I don't review every single chapter cause I actually cheated a little and made myself a pdf so I could read while I was out of my house and without internet (I'm writting these on the notes app of my Ipod). I don't remember when one chapter started and the other ended but I can assure you that I loved every bit of it.

Anyway, I'm off to read some other story of yours XDDD

(Oh, yeah, I'm reading them all. And when I'm finished I'm gonna start with your favourites, I love Jane/Lisbon, I just got a little tired of looking for something good in the fandom and moved on to Castle :S Now that I've found your fics, I can't get enough!)

Thanks for writing!
hardly loquacious chapter 3 . 3/5/2011
I like it. It's well done. Especially since, looking at it objectively, these two really *shouldn't* be in a relationship. I mean, I'm as much a shipper as anyone, but really... You know what I mean. I do like that Lisbon didn't cave the second he showed up at her door. Stupid RJ. It's all his fault, really.

Nice conclusion.
calladragon chapter 3 . 2/28/2011
The whole thing is as beautifully written as always.
Donnamour1969 chapter 3 . 2/26/2011
This was so beautiful, so wonderfully written-I'm in awe of you. You do angst very well,that I actually am enjoying it, though I normally don't like stories that are too painful. But you write so well, you're drawing me in, and I just can't escape!

Can't wait for the next chapter. Well done, to give the understatement of the year.
Jisbon4ever chapter 3 . 2/25/2011
Hmm... So much to say and think about. I have mix feelings. :-O In on hand I understand where Jane is coming from but in the other, I understand Lisbon's side as well. Agrr.. lol Though I have to confess that I am really enjoying the angsty fluff. It's so them. And at least Jane truly loves her and Lisbon won't let RJ take that away from them. I like her being the strong one.
Afterglow04 chapter 3 . 2/25/2011
Hee. I'm so glad you updated, you have no idea. Also, you're very sweet to mention a special thank you, but you know I kept hounding you for my own benefit, right? ;) No, seriously, I'm always happy to encourage you

Especially if this is the result. Sigh. You write these so well. The whole angst/romance thing that most people kind of struggle with (okay, maybe just me :p) is something that seems rather effortless for you. Though I know it's not, don't worry, but it appears like it is which is probably a good achievement. This entire third part was just so bittersweet and poignant.

You broke my heart with this sentence: She doesn't want to ask him, but a part of her is eternally optimistic that one of these days perhaps he won't disappoint her, that maybe he really will have an explanation for some of the things he does.

Because it's just SO true. I mean...this story felt like it was part of the show, I don't think you could've gotten any closer to canon if you'd tried. Which is hard to accomplish given that they were already in an established relationship in this universe of yours. And trying to tie that fact in with the end of season two (with an episode in which Jane goes on a date with another woman and comes face to face with his arch enemy, no less) merits an applause, if you ask me. Especially since you actually pulled it off quite brilliantly. I know you had some doubts about this story, but I must admit that - at least in my opinion - those doubts weren't necessary. I really loved this. I think I even liked it slightly better than the second part in the series.

And it's the little things, the small mentions you put in there that always make my heart melt and only confirm to me why you are just such an amazing writer. I will give you an example, in case you don't believe me :p (though you should, by now) E.g. Instead, he glances down at their hands and runs his thumb over her knuckles, a habit Lisbon has kept track of ever since he started doing it.

These are details you tend to include that I just love. Adore. I mean, I can't even explain how many of these you slip into your stories (perhaps not always knowingly) that add so much.

And she's family. *insert me grinning like a fool here*

I really quite liked how you described their thoughts, facial expressions and emotions during their conversation. The half-argument, Lisbon not giving in right away, Jane finally starting to open up about his fears at least a little, etc. When Lisbon started to sum up all of the things she's had to endure when working with him, I actually swallowed. That was lovely and painfully true all at the same time.

I'm glad you did end this chapter on a hopeful note (you know me, I NEED hope lol) and now I'm left to wonder if you have plans to continue the series into S3? Part of me selfishly wants you to, but another part also knows it would be hard to tie it to this season, in which Lisbon eventually sleeps with Mashburn heh. I wouldn't want them to break up just to be able for that to happen so perhaps it should end here. But still...my selfish side tends to win. :p

Thank you for writing! Truly.
Ebony10 chapter 3 . 2/25/2011
As always, an excellent chapter. If you're continuing this series, I can't wait to see what is next in their saga.

Loved it!
watchyouwalk chapter 3 . 2/24/2011
I couldn't review this directly after reading, so the chapter isn't fresh in my mind. However! The last line? SO AWESOME. A subtly powerful statement, sort of reflective of Lisbon's feisty side that we all know and love. She's not gonna let Jane go without a fight, even if part of what she's fighting is Jane himself. I love it.

I think Lisbon not wanting to let go of her anger is very characteristic of her. She wants to have her say while all that adrenaline is coursing through her veins. Even if she's inwardly fighting off the desire to push her anger aside in favor of their relationship of sorts, she doesn't let that stand in the way of saying what needs to be said. Guh, I love her, and her sarcasm, and the subtle tenderness you display here. I LOVE IT. (I'm tired, I might say this a lot... but, y'know, it's true!)

On the Jane side of things, my only not-entirely-positive thing to say would be regarding the whole conversation aspect. Like, not word-for-word obviously, but the basic concept of their argument/discussion seems like something that's really overdone... y'know, with the "I can't be with you because Red John will know" and then "I'm a cop and can protect myself" back and forth thing. BUT. Despite that, you still managed to make it unique as a whole with the way you describe their demeanors and slight changes of position and attitude, etc.

Patrick Jane with his "mask" down is one of my favorite kinds of Jane. The way he really only lets go of it around her (even in canon, am I right?) just implies so much for how deeply he cares, even if he doesn't always realize it. And he calls her family, which is really quite adorable and sweet and... well, I love it.

I do so like this chapter. Really really. I enjoy everything you write, and I'm so glad you've written this! As always, looking forward to the next chapter. :D

- Autumn

PS: Sincerest apologies for rambling and lack of coherence. It's like 3am and yea. Entirely my bad. xD
April chapter 3 . 2/24/2011
One more time I have the necesity to tell you that I love the way you write! ;D

&&& I like the chapter, I think it was very meaningful for Lisbon that Jane told her that he considers her his family (:

It was super cute (: I just think that lacked a sweet kissss 3.

pd. sorry for my english.

xoxo~
forthecoast chapter 2 . 2/6/2011
Sigh. Jane and promises. You know he wants to keep them (HE DOES), but then Red John always gets in the way.

I really love the way you worked Kristina into this, his suspicions (which I'm still convinced are correct) are very Jane-like. Only he would come up with something that outside the box and make it seem plausible. Which, seriously, it is. It has to be. Stupid Frye. ANYWAY, I really like that. Also, when Lisbon suggests Frye might be asking questions because she's interested in Jane? The illusion to Hightower's comment is GREAT.

Poor Lisbon. She's such a trooper. JANE, you fool.

You realize you're going to have to continue this with S3 material, right? Did I tell you that already? I'm sure I have.