Reviews for The Heart Wants What it Wants
Inkfire chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I really liked this! Your insight of Harry was really good, you conveyed his bitterness and messy feelings well... Great job :)
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
The dialogue is a little awkward - they don't sound like teenagers ("To keep from losing me I need more confirmation of your feelings than you're showing now. Show me that you desire me"). I really like the switch in the mirror of Erised, though, and how Harry thinks that the mirror is showing his parents at first!
TuesdayNovember chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Well, I'm going to put aside my immense dislike for Harry/Ginny, because this deserves a proper review that isn't full of 'Ew, ew, ew!' P

Anyway, I thought this was pretty good. Parts of it read as a bit stilted, and I've noticed you have a propensity for separating one word into two, like 'all ready', which should be already. That aside, another thing that jarred me was the fact that we didn't know they were at Hogwarts, or even school-aged, until the middle. Before you mentioned it, I would have sworn they were in their 20s. Finally, of course, the Mirror of Erised bit. I think you interpreted the prompt well, but I'm more concerned that when Harry looks in the mirror, he thinks he's seeing his parents. I'm sorry, but mistaking your girlfriend for your mother is just gross.

Anyway, apart from that, I think this was well done, and you should be proud that you managed to write a Harry/Ginny story that didn't make me want to puke my guts out. (Much.) xD
Stephanie O chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
I liked this as a whole, but I thought the ending was a bit short. I would've liked to see more in Harry's apology to Ginny, like what he saw in the mirror, more love, something like that. Thanks for writing! :)
BellaPur chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Aww. A bit stilted at times but very sweet.
PieceOfGum chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Aww... That was so sweet! One of the few Hinnys I've liked - usually I find them too fluffy, loveydovey, happy and in all other ways sickeningly perfect, far too common, but yours was...

Unique.

I loved how you'd made it so that everything was not perfect in their relationship, that they had their disagreements - yet they loved each other. Harry's confusion as to who he was seeing in the Mirror was interesting, creative, a twist - I think that was my favorite part.

All in all, great Hinny!