Reviews for Waiting
kadia chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
this is too short
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Really liked it! You should write one about lily and zach
Kateri Sayen chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
wonderful! amazing for a first 'secret life of bees' fic! written in the first person narrative, with very descriptive and accurate portrayals.
Isriien chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
The descriptions are great. I liked it.
Julia chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
I like your use of similes. It really helps the reader to understand how Lily feels at this point. On the other hand, there are some issues with voice. Somehow, the words and phrasing don't sound entirely like what a girl of Lily's age would say. I'd also like to know what she is doing. Are her fingernails digging into her palm? Is she shaking?

On the whole, a very good job.
juju chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
I love the last sentence the most.

"I'm still waiting."

Beautiful :O so simple but holds one of the most deepest lines you know?

It shows a lot of emotion and even though I haven't read The Secret Life of Bees, I could understand the plot of the oneshot without too much explanation. great work! I SUPPORT BRIDGIT :O
thecivilunrest chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
I don't really know what to say considering this subject was already covered in the book, and if not completley it was 'enough'. BUT, that being said, this was a wondeful edition to the admittedly very small fandom that is going to stay very small.

I did like your use of language, though. That was lovely and I'm not sure if it follows the style of the novel (because I read the book A LONG time ago) but if it's your style it's very, very well done.

There's just something about this fic that I really like. I don't know what it is because it's not real all that 'special' (And I don't mean that in a bad way, I just mean that it's not eyepoppingly original or anything- but I didn't mean that in a bad way either! I'm just digging the hole deeper so I'm going to shut up now) but it's just fabulous.