Reviews for Just Checking
UndineAlice chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Oh dear, I think I might have a few cavities now.

This was absolutely adorable. Your characterization was spot on and your writing style was very nice. Great job!

-UndineAlice
Brooks chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
This was cute. You write very well. I liked the way you described how Richter has to deal with the fact that Emil "resides" in Aster's body. You captured so well the depth to Richter's character I think a lot of people miss. He's been through so much, and it just kills him to be reminded of Aster all the time by Emil's appearance and yet see so little of Aster in Emil's personality. You also captured well the danger Ratatosk's presence presents.

As for your writing, it'd be a very long review if I pointed out all the lines I particularly liked. O.K., O.K., just a few. "All he fears are the moments when Emil finds him when he's doing the Vanguard's dirty work—killing Marta, chiefly, or hanging out with that pint sized terror Alice—and those devoted green eyes disappear, replaced by hatred, by red. By Ratatosk." I liked this line, especially the last part. ""I can't believe this girly abomination is coming from someone who's almost killed me on several occasions." This made me laugh.

I also liked that you had Richter alomst pining for Emil's stuttering of his name :-) It sounds odd, but I do like your use of adjectives. Not many fanficers I've read handle them well, so your writing is very refreshing.

The end was cute. Go Emil!

Anyway, I usually try to include some constructive criticism when I review, because I know as fellow writer how that can help. But I don't really have anything that would be useful at the moment. To quote Emil (whch I do a lot): I'm sorry! In any case, I hope this review means something to you, and thnaks for entertaining me.
PINKDIAMOND4000 chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Completely agree with you! You should write more fics of them together! They are so cute! Yeah Emil is such an uke! Awww and Marta is too clingy. I laugh at the part where Ritcher says that he forgot what a real body smells like because of Decus Au de seduction XD
Laryna6 chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
This just nails them. Favoriting.
AntiSora chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
This is literally the face I made the entire time reading this: :D

Wonderfully written, and it's just... So... It manages to be absolutely adorable, while being very in-character, and just... Well, I feel I'm going to have to fall into Emil's habit of not being able to express myself properly here.

I just loved this! Richter and Emil really do make a wonderful pair, and I much prefer them to Emil and Marta (she is far to much for him, he'd never survive it.)

I would have loved if Emil could have stayed with Richter, too. :3 I love how you had "guarding the door" in quotes, lets my deranged imagination have lots of fun taking it differently. XD And I love your disclaimer!

Again, wonderfully-written story, there's just something about it that makes it impossible for me to wipe the smile from my face right now!

I especially like the ending, haha!

Perhaps you could be persuaded, somehow, to write more Richter/Emil fanfiction someday in the future?
faggismcgorpis chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
I love EmilxRichter, and this is written really well