Reviews for The Day the World Stopped Turning
mleemashburn chapter 6 . 1/28/2014
Christ I don't think I have ever cried so hard reading a story in my life. It was a good story though.
Music and Feathers chapter 6 . 10/5/2012
Beautifully written!
Guest chapter 6 . 6/3/2012
This is a beautifull story

I was crying the whole time
darkangel0212 chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
good job on your stories
Fleur24 chapter 4 . 1/29/2012
I'm really glad that Jake and Bella got found, and that it was his battalion that found them

""The EMT's tried to start working on me but I shooed them away. This moment belonged to Bella. We all stayed silent as my brothers kneeled down to her, hats in hands, just looking at her. Saying their own goodbyes.

Captain Rich had always looked at Bella like she was his daughter. I knew this would be hard on him. He loved Bella like she was his own.

And Frank? Well, Frank had always had a thing for Bella. He had told me on numerous occasions that if I ever found that I didn't want her, to just let him know. He would be more than happy to take my place."" Bella had a lot of people that loved her.
Fleur24 chapter 3 . 1/29/2012
"""Sir, let me go. I have to make sure Bella's alright. If that was your wife in there, you'd be running in too. You wouldn't care about anything else. You would only care that some mother fucker just flew a plane into her building. She could be dying or dead in there. The least I can do is try to get to her." I shook his arm from me and started running again."" That is probably very true.

I'm glad that Bella was unharmed when Jake found her. I hope they get out okay.

""I solemnly nodded my head. Tears started rolling down her face. I put my hand on her shoulder and started guiding her down the stairs. "Come on. We have to get out of here now. Why hadn't you left earlier? You could have been close to out already."

"I had to make sure everyone else got out. I had to make sure they were safe. I figured it's what my boyfriend would do."

Somehow I managed to chuckle. She had me there. That is so something I would do. Isn't it what I was doing now? Risking my life to make sure others were safe? I hugged her to my side as we made it down the stairs as quickly as we could."" I really liked this part. Bella doing what she knew Jake would do.

It must be really scary having the floor collaspe beneath you.

"""Jake, tell me what you were planning, please?" I knew what she was really asking. She wanted something, anything to take her mind of the situation.

"Well, I was going to take you to Eleven Madison Avenue."

She gasped. "Seriously? Jake, that's like super expensive. Why were you taking me there?"

"Because," I paused, taking a deep breath. "Because I was going to ask you to marry me."

She was silent for a while. I started worrying that she had fallen asleep but then she whispered, "I would have said yes. Just so you know."

A smile crossed my face immediately. As soon as we got out of this I would be purposing."" AWE! I'm glad that he's helping her take her mind off her broken body.

""I love you, too, baby." We fell into silence for awhile. I heard Bella's breathing become shallower and shallower. I looked up at her. Her eyes were slowly closing. I brushed the hair out of her eyes. Suddenly, I realized she wasn't breathing any more. Her eyes were still open, looking at me. There was no longer any life in them. I reached a shaky hand up and closed her eyelids. Tears poured from my eyes. Sobs caught in my throat again and again."" Oh my goodness. I understand that millions of people dead inside the towers, but its awful to think of being near your loved one, and watch them die.
Fleur24 chapter 2 . 1/29/2012
""You don't think that's a little too fancy for her? I mean this is Bella. She's the same girl you met at a Yankees game. She's the same girl who loves working on cars in her spare time. You think she'll like that kind of restaurant?" Donny questioned me.

"You have a point but I'm going to purpose to her tonight. Everything has to be perfect. She's a queen and she should be treated like it. Just because she likes going to baseball games and working on cars with me, doesn't mean she shouldn't have the fairy tale proposal or the fairytale wedding. I mean, don't chicks dream of this stuff? She should have her dreams come true."" That's really sweet and romantic! Who knew Jake could be so sweet!

""As the smoke cleared from the building a little, I could see the outline of the plane in the 2nd Tower. I could see it was around the middle of the building. My heart dropped to my feet. My throat clutched shut. I was in shock. Did. That. Just. Hit. Bella's. floor? "BELLA!" I screamed and took off running toward the 2nd Tower."" I can't even imagine what that must be like.
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
This is interesting. I remember watching the events occur from the TV in my elementary school library. It was a scary day.
peaches229 chapter 6 . 6/24/2011
this made me cry! It was a good story :')
roon0 chapter 2 . 4/5/2011
This is heart breaking.
roon0 chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
This is such a potent story
RuneMarauder189 chapter 6 . 1/29/2011
Wow. This story is so incredibly emotional. As I have tears in my eyes writing this, I can definitely see that you wrote Jacob true to his character. What a wonderful, yet heartbreaking, story.
Spiederman-Jonaslvr08 chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Damn...someone does not know the first thing about firefighters. Your story was well intentioned and had a good meaning, sure. But my dad really was a firefighter involved in 9/11 and this story, where you attempt and fail miserably at protraying them, is insulting to firefighters.
dreams-of-a-novel chapter 6 . 1/24/2011
Oh, man, did you have me bawling with this one! Especially with Jake's eulogy at Bella's funeral. That was just heartbreaking. This was really good, and although you involved fictional characters, you made everything seem so REAL. I could just imagine Taylor Lautner giving the eulogy, and it ripped my heart right out of my chest. But that was actually a good thing, believe it or not, because it really made me feel emotionally connected to your story.
dreamchasergal chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Haven't read it yet, but I can't wait to! I love reading storie on here. I'm so Team Jacob through and through so I love reading Jacob and Bella stories or Jacob and Renesmee stories. Can't wait to read it :)