Reviews for Freedom is Always an Unfinished Task
Tyranusfan chapter 20 . 4/25
FF never sent me a notification when you updated, I found out completely by accident, but I'm SO happy you continued this story. I reread the whole thing yesterday and finished the new chapters today. Great work! I look forward to more.
Waltz Turner chapter 20 . 3/6
YOU ARE BACK! WOOOOOOO! I am beyond excited! I love this story, and I do hope you finish it, but if not, at least a few more chapters, please!

THANK YOU!
MSquared79 chapter 20 . 2/20
Oh my god, where to begin? I just binge-read this story over the past two days! Like the best novels, I couldn't put it down! SeaQuest was one of my favorite shows of all time (evident by the fact that it didn't last long) and reading this story brought back so many wonderful memories of it. The first season was, by far, the best and I actually quite liked the third one, so I do love how you mixed in character from the latter two with the original cast.

Firstly, I must say, I loved pretty much the entire crew, but among the favorites was always Ben Krieg. Yeah, he was always looking to play fast and loose, but he was really heart of he place. And I always secretly wanted him and Hitchcock to get back together (the part where her mom was trying to do just that was a treat) but I knew Katie would have killed him if that ever happened. So, if I can't have them together, her making his tour miserahatble is just as good.

I am happy that Nathan and Kristin are together. One of the most disappointing things about the second season was that Westphalen was not there. She may not be on the ship now but she is still his home port. And add that their "son", now a Naval officer! I still mourn Jonathan Brandeis, so seeing Lucas alive, well and still a mouthy as ever does my heart good. (All the military discipline in the world won't beat that out of him. See Krieg, Benjamin for further refence.)

I'm so happy to see to see that Jonathan Ford got his own command. It seems to easy to keep on as XO and a real cop-out for an officer of his years and talent. I do have my fears for him, though. I know you have the guts to kill off major characters your stories. I would be more upset, though, if you did kill Hudson. I came to really like the jackass and he's a great contrast to Bridger, Noyce and Ford.

Really, all the supporting characters you threw in, Noyce, Henderson, Piccolo, Brody, Clayton! It really shows care for the show that you would include them all. (But I beg of you, no Dagwood. One of the worst things about Season two). And while I would never consider him a supporting player, Darwin! And he has a friend! I hope he and Minerva are very happy together. (One of the best scenes was him playing translator for her when she met Lucas.)

On the villains side, I'm actually glad to see Marilyn Stark, though, for some reason, I thought the captain working with Bourne was Hudson. I have no reason why I thought that, but when the captain was referred to as a psychopath, well, it finally dawned on me. SeaQuest pre-dates the more serialized storytelling on TV now, but I would have liked to see her pop up again, like the proverbial bad penny. And her working with Bourne is a natural fit.

Another great aspect to your writing is the Navy- and military-speak peppered throughout. And as the daughter of a (now retired) Army Reserve colonel, I have gotten a bit here and there. And it also gives an insiders look for those who don't know all the finer points.

I see that you and your co-writer began this story nearly five years ago. I always love when a story is not abandoned. But I have a concern that you'll just play out anything you have left written. I realize that you are very busy with your career and your other writing (congrats on the TEA's, by the way) but it is my fondest wish that you finish the story as it was meant to be finished. I would rather you sacrifice all the detailed minutia than just add on any remaining chapters and let the story wither and die with that.

It feels weird, re-watching the show today on Netflix and thinking that we are just a few years away from the future the thought up over twenty years ago. The world may not have turned out the same as the show, but that we are on a cusp of that is kinda mind-boggling.
gluegirl56 chapter 20 . 2/20
Thank you for updating. A wonderful chapter ;) I really like angle in this, following the interviewers and to hear their musings. Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to more.
Searching.For.Pieces.Of.Me chapter 19 . 2/18
Every time I re-read this, I keep hoping that one day it'll be finished. I love the AU nature of seeing the SeaQuest crew deal with the Macronesian War. Honestly, there is just so much to love about this story.
Waltz Turner chapter 2 . 4/28/2014
I revisted this story in dire hopes that you have updated(alas no), and just realized you named a character after Ken Watanabe! Woot woot! That man is da bomb! Nice one!

Please update this story sometime, I need my SQ fix!
mikem4600 chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Amazingly well-told story. Far more realistic setting compared to the TV series. Keep up the great work! Can't wait to read the next chapter!
Gaby chapter 19 . 12/7/2013
This is a Excellent story,I hope you Update soon.
Will the UEO,start making Subfighters?
Guest chapter 19 . 10/23/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Cheile chapter 3 . 10/20/2013
So I forgot to mention in last review that the Iron Pants Bridger thing cracked me up SO HARD LMAO.

Hoooooly crap at that quake...as a native Californian that's a very believable plot twist. But ack all the same cuz I know damn well the Macronesians are gonna take advantage of that! Great twists..look forward to more soon.
Cheile chapter 2 . 10/20/2013
Yay finally get to read some more. Love seeing Katie and Ben...LOL at Ben getting caught drunk. Oops. Awesome that he got promoted tho! And I'm w Katie...Hudson is an idiot! Lucas' graduation was great to see too!
Flighty Sea Bird chapter 19 . 10/19/2013
I should have reviewed this earlier, as I progressed through the chapters, but I become engrossed with your story. I hope, even though I know it's been a while, that you will continue soon. I love that the other dolphin, Minerva, was introduced to Darwin. But on a side note, I currently work at SeaWorld Orlando as a part of their zoological dept. I work with and around their rescue staff everyday and they are some of the most dedicated people I know :-) but I love the folks at Mote too.
Cheile chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Only have time for one chapter so far, but this is pretty fascinating! I like the integration you obviously have planned of all the crews, though i dread seeing Hudson really in action...that guy was such a jerk.

the scene with Lucas and Noyce is pretty amusing, especially Noyce's line about what good is it being the CNO if i can't pull strings? LOL

i look forward to getting to read more.
Susan M. M chapter 19 . 6/10/2013
Your Piccolo seems a little smarter than the second season Piccolo, more like CFVici's version after she gave him a chance to grow up. At least he's smart enough to know when he's in trouble, and not to make it worse. Three cheers for Ford and seaStrike.
Susan M. M chapter 12 . 6/10/2013
Never apologize for a cliffhanger.