Reviews for Down the Rabbit Hole
Amazing ;)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
oh ? it just ended ? )
Kit chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Love it, perfect Damon characterisation.

I especially enjoy the bit about the impact of war on Damon and the way it influenced how he saw the vampire hunters back home.

I don't think it is something that most writers say much about but the one thing that has always struck me in the difference between the brothers is how much more Damon lived than Stefan did, and how broken he was even before Katherine got her hands on him which I think comes through beautifully here.

Thanks for sharing!
neverlasting-legend chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Your Damon. Just beautiful. So gosh damn beautiful. You had some amazing imagery and the feeling you managed to roll into this piece, it just blew me away.
Mavrosal chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Wonderful story. It is an interesting perspective on Damon and a very well written one. While I'm normally not a one-shot kinda gal, this one, your one, was incredibly moving, well paced and Alice in Wonderland quotes. Thanks for sharing and writing.
moka000 chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
you're really beautiful and can express the deepest HUMAN emotions with great detail and concentration.

Damon is also very beautiful-with every meaning that this word includes-but he's also very sad.I'm glad you enlightened us on all the things he MUST have suffered to make him the guy he is.

God i just wish i could take up psychology just to make sure nobody ever suffers as this guy did.
krimsondelamber chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
Excellent introspection. I especially like your characterization of Katherine as essentially the avatar of death and damnation.
5SecsOfLARRYcat chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Loved It! :-D
Circular Infinity chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
This was fantastic. I especially loved the last line.
homeric chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
Really lovely writing - all the little disappointments and frustrations accumalated that made Damon who he is.. I hope you write more for this fandom.
Shadow chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
Wow, that was stunning! You've got a really beautiful writing style. That story was amazing!
EtherealDemon chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Stellar one shot. I really enjoyed the Wonderland quotes they were very fitting.

I'm not going to rant on and on about how wickedly awsome you are instead I'm going to tell you that I'd really like to read more.
Lacy611 chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Incredible. This has everything that has made Damon into what he is, the justification of every move he's ever made rolled into one beautiful piece. I adoree your style of writing, especially in your descriptions of Katherine and Caroline. Some lines that really hit me:

"In the early dawn light, pale and weak and inconstant, he is not even sure he cares that right this very moment the wondrous monster who choked him unconscious, tore open his throat and devoured acres of his soul in one deep swallow was likely doing the exact same thing to his little brother."

Now THIS, is brilliant, tracing back Damon's origins to the beginning of the monster he became, feeling apathetic about Katherine's corruption of Stefan, his own little brother.

"Death can make even Caroline Forbes, perennial runner-up, into something truly special."

Especially true, considering no one had honestly cared for Caroline post-vamp.

"He is dead; everything he was is dead inside and now he is free. He is free and he is damned and nothing will ever mean anything ever again."

PERFECT. (And there are still so many more quotable lines!)