Reviews for The Snow Queen
Aamilah chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
It is based on the sonw Queen and the gobliens the goblins droped the mirro,
Lunatique chapter 5 . 11/25/2012
Hee, I loved how the names all had meanings. Scrounging around for words and names is a hobby of mine.

Interesting reimagining of Jill, and it's nice to see Caspian's quest takes place on schedule. It's kind of funny how Jill and Eustace became brother and sister here while the main siblings from the original story were broken up. I like this universe's Jill, though her accent at times was hard to read.

It does seem a little odd, though, that Tarandos wasn't a long way from home yet stayed with Jill since he was captured. (And it would get kind of crowded in that tent with a reindeer in it, I imagine...) It's almost as though he were waiting there to be Lucy's mount. Maybe he'd grown fond of Jill and found the impetus for the journey home when Jill decided to help Lucy. Also, what happened to the Archenlander from the end of the previous chapter?

I noticed through the author's notes that you found it progressively harder to continue, which is understandable as tiredness and real life demands set in after working on a story for a while. I still enjoyed its unique crossover premise and a chance for Narnia nostalgia!
Lunatique chapter 4 . 11/25/2012
I forgot to mention this in the last chapter, but the change from the old woman to Andrew Ketterley in the previous chapter gave me some food for thought. The prospect of a man drugging a little girl's food to make her forgetful and compliant gave me the creeps, but I was glad his motives weren't sexual - it showed that manipulation for a supposedly pure, or at least understandable, motive is just as much a taking of free will as the oft-feared specter of pedophilia. I didn't really think of this angle with the old woman from the original SQ, which shows the power of variation on an existing tale.

It was nice to see Peter and Susan being so supportive and caring of Lucy in this universe as well, though I felt the aforementioned discomfort at how they're a married couple here, especially at the mention of their shared blue eyes. It seemed a little bit callous of them to send a child alone on a quest where a great adventurer had failed, but maybe it was Aslan's prodding? And definitely don't kill Reepicheep, he'll make a dashing statue and an even more dashing ally once he's brought back to life!
Lunatique chapter 3 . 11/25/2012
That was a nice adjustment of Snow Queen to the Narnia universe, taking the character of the old woman and separating her into Ketterley and his housekeeper. I like how you wove Aslan into the story, too, it ended the chapter on an evocative note.
Lunatique chapter 2 . 11/25/2012
The Snow Queen/White Witch parallel is one of those things I'd never thought of before but feel obvious in retrospect. This is one of those crossovers that was meant to happen! It's an interesting idea to put Lucy and Edmund in a romantic rather than sibling relationship, though I have to admit it makes me a bit uncomfortable even in AU. Great job emulating both Lewis's and Andersen's tones, and I love the evocative descriptions like the Snow Queen making Edmund's window frost over.
Maria chapter 2 . 11/11/2012
Nice Story Read It Before!
Anonymous chapter 2 . 10/17/2012
I love this book it is one of the best books i have read and it can be very exciting in places.
Kyle chapter 5 . 8/26/2011
Thank Goodness the bandit camp was short as I didn't understand a a (single) word said in that strange accent. :(
Kyle chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
I do not know what else to say other then YES! Finally an AU story about Narnia!
greengoddessmama chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Intriguing! The fit is perfect between the two tales and I look forward to reading more!
LucyCrewe11 chapter 5 . 8/16/2011
Sorry I took so long to review.

This chapter was so CUTE! The talking Apple was a little weird, but I still enjoyed reading about it, even if it did make me feel a little hungry, LOL (apples are the only fruit I really like eating). Lucy was well, Lucy, very in-character and a pleasure to read about as always. Jill wasn't very Jill-ish in this, but I didn't find her OOC (for this AU anyway, in any other story I don't think I would work too-too well); she actually reminded me of a combo of Lyra from the golden compass and Valeri from the book "The Snow Queen" by Marceedes Lackey. Oh, and Alberta the Scrubber! That's clever! I liked that.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the next chapter.
lost-in-elysium chapter 5 . 8/6/2011
It's good to see that you've updated. It was a creative idea that you made Eustace, Jill, and Aunt Alberta bandits. I've never read about that before! And I'm happy that Lucy is getting help for finding Edmund; I couldn't imagine her finding her friend all alone.

Will you be posting a chapter about Edmund and his whereabouts? I'm curious to see what's going on with him. Just wondering though.

Great chapter. Please update soon!
ArdeaSpark chapter 5 . 8/2/2011
Imagining 'Aunt Alberta' as a bandit had me laughing for ages. Imagining Jill leaping on her back and pulling her ears nearly made me fall of my seat.

Loved the chapter. hope you can come up with another one soon
lyokodreamer chapter 5 . 8/2/2011
very good chapter. Can't wait for more. please update!
Daughter of sea and wisdom chapter 4 . 8/1/2011
I wont murder you if caspian isn't in here, I want Four at Cair Paravel at the end of the fic, and I say have Reepicheep turned to stone cause I want him to apper in the story.

Good story by the way.