Reviews for Bride & Prejudice Redux
Ayalim chapter 6 . 12/3/2011
Cute.
EdwardCullenROX chapter 6 . 11/19/2011
Awesome FF ! Really nicely done, especially the last chapter :)
Maegmel chapter 6 . 6/12/2011
Well I liked most of the changes you made, they were pretty good and kudos to working with the Georgina/Will relationship it was skimmed over in the movie.

However, I think that Darcy and Lalita were supposed to come to their understanding in Amritsar, not in London. Though that scene was very well done. I love this movie and wish there were more fanfics about it.
gppr chapter 6 . 4/23/2011
Lovely ending.

Thanks for sharing this. :)
gppr chapter 5 . 4/23/2011
Very sweet chapter. I liked how you handled the situation about the kiss. Darcy berating himself, apologizing and imagining the worse, was so "him" I'm glad they talked and reached that new understanding at the end.
gppr chapter 3 . 4/23/2011
Great chapter. The interactions between all characters felt very natural, from Lakhi, Jaya and Chandra to Lalita and Darcy. His nervousness throughout was endearing as were the subtle ways in which Lalita is falling for him too.
gppr chapter 2 . 4/23/2011
It's great to find a fic about this movie.3 I like the changes you've made here. Georgina's character had such a small part. It's nice to see how she's helping out big brother.

*reads on*
melerdmier chapter 6 . 4/18/2011
WONDERFUL! I just read the entire story and I loved it!
LaughingInvisibleShadow chapter 6 . 3/26/2011
lovely story, loved the last chapter with the kiss.

Please keep writing more bride and prejudice fanfiction!
ScarletCourt chapter 6 . 1/17/2011
I really liked this final chapter. I always wondered when Lalita was going to tend to Darcy's wounds from fighting Wickham. Now I know. :) The only thing is that I didn't think that the director intended Lalita and Darcy to come to an understanding until after he shows up in Amritsar beating that drum. However, it probably would have been like what happened in this chapter.

BTW, I think it's Balraj not Balrag. :)

Nicely done! If it wasn't a Bollywood movie, these would have been nice scenes to see.
ScarletCourt chapter 5 . 1/17/2011
Having just gone skating less than five hours ago (I was at my daughter's skating lesson). I am quite surprised to read that Lalita got proficient enough to skate without Darcy's help while they were there. I've been skating since i was a kid and from my experience you're lucky if you can stand without help on the ice in the first hour of skating. I think I would buy it more if she had gone roller skating/roller blading as a child and found that she could translate some of her ability from one to the other. Have to say that I found I learned to roller blading fairly easy since I knew how to ice skate.

It was nice that with ice skating, there was the inevitable holding onto one another. :) That was nice and I found that it nice that Darcy tried to kiss Lalita at the ice rink. (However, I'm not sure that it's the Hindu religion that forbids PDA so much as culturally Indians don't like PDA regardless of which religion they belong. At least that's the sense I get from what I've read on the Internet, since apparently even at Christian weddings in India there is no kissing. Not to mention that there's a law against kissing in public in India.

I liked that Darcy asked some genuine questions about Lalita's culture/religion.

Nice that they did finally kiss when Darcy dropped her off though surprised that the whole family wasn't peeking out the window to see the two of them return.

Off to the wedding chapter.
ScarletCourt chapter 4 . 1/17/2011
This chapter reminds me of when Darcy in P&P:the mini offers to let Mr Gardiner fish in his lakes and streams and I think in the book (P&P), Darcy organized a hunting party for the men. I think you did a great job with Brad and to show off Darcy being a nice guy.

I like how Lalita was feeling through out the chapter. like when she was disappointed that no one made excuses to stay home and when her mother sat in the front seat of the SUV, especially when she finds out that Darcy helped Brad with his business and didn't let Brad pay him back.

I lol'd when I read about Darcy tripping when he went to get his diploma at Oxford. It immediately made me think of the blooper at the end of the movie where Martin trips on the steps up to where the helicopter was.

Ice skating. Hmmm. This could be quite interesting. Not exactly on the top of my list of things to do if I'm coming from India, but looking forward to reading.

Great chapter. Off to read the next one.
ScarletCourt chapter 3 . 1/17/2011
Great job on making the sisters gang up on Lalita so that she could spend time with Darcy alone. It felt right that they would want to bow out of something that should be enjoyed by Darcy and Lalita alone. I thought your description of Lakhi from Lalita's POV was bang on.

Loved Darcy and his nervousness around Lalita.

I liked how you showed Darcy having a good connection to his father through the museums and being observant enough to notice that Lalita is her father's favorite. Nice that you showed Lalita being devastated if her father was to pass away because not all the sisters feel that way. I'm sure that Lakhi's first thought would be great one less person to tell me what to do.

Darcy seems to be awfully touchy-feely though in the paragraph where he stares into Lalita's eyes and rubs her hand in a circular motion. I just don't see Darcy willing to do that until he was an item with Lalita.

As I was reviewing the chapter, I just realized that once we meet Darcy, the rest of the chapter is from his POV. Too bad we don't see any of it from Lalita's POV.

Nice chapter. Off to read the next one.
ScarletCourt chapter 2 . 1/17/2011
Thought you did a nice job with the Darcys. You reminded us that Darcy is often awkward in mixed company and that he loved his sister dearly, which didn't come across nearly as well in the movie. Also, nice touch with Georgina being an excellent piano player and Darcy encouraging her in that direction which was the case in the original P&P. Bonus points for Mrs Darcy not being happy with that as a major for Georgie and Darcy being the one to help his sister.

I also thought that you went with a better solution of Darcy, Georgie, Lalita and Jaya. Since Mr. B didn't let Jaya go to Goa with Balraj alone, it would stand to reason that Lalita wouldn't have gone out with Darcy alone on the date in LA.

Was Kholi in London with them? I thought that Kohli was already in LA with Chandra. I'm curious because you mention that Lalita has been to a Mexican restaurant before when they were in London. Just a little confused.

Great chapter! Off to read the next one.
ScarletCourt chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Interesting transposition of the scene in the movie. I liked that you made Darcy kiss Lalita in the dream and I thought Lalita's struggle in his arms was genuine. However, I felt that Lalita changed her mind rather quickly once Darcy kissed her. Since she intensely DISLIKED him, would she get to the point of moaning his name after a long second kiss?

Off to read the next chapter.
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »