Reviews for Myopia
hisnhers chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
nearsightedness: Severus's loneliness and distance is compounded by his sight? wow. What a thought. Very nicely explained. Especially how he learns to walk quietly and in the shadows so he isn't noticed. :(

"How many of his glares, over the years, was possibly and attempt to see clearly?" You are brilliant! "...his sudden turn to calm, and fair..." very good.

Your next to last paragraph is very well done. Repetition of "He'll..." being the first word of each sentence is quite affective. -sniff- Seriously affective. Now I'm bleary-eyed. lol.
Shorty653 chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Oh I enjoyed that .
SlytherinBitchOnFire aka KT chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Woah, that was awesome. It also happened to be the first myopic!Sev fic I read, and I really loved it. You are such a great author...*hugs*

****

KT
Lolita chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Oh, how I loathe dictonary dot com. Don't even get me started.

I liked the story, though! I like to imagine Snape sporting a pair of glasses. I imagine they're not the same pair as he had as a child since the eye tends to change as you age. Of course, he could have decided to be perverse (or lazy) and keep his hated frames all those years. Silly Snape.
the-omnomnom-phenomenon chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
That was really clever not mentioning his name! I didn't even notice that it wasn't there!
Kinglourious chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Amazing, I think you're one of the best HGSS writers I've ever come across. Wow, keep it up!
tenoh27 chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
That was intriguing, and very beautiful metaphors! I have to admit that among the hundreds of SSHGs I have read, this is the first that I recall having Snape be nearsighted.

Thank you very much.
writerdragonfly chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Beautiful.
angstbunny chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
This was charming and a nice character study. I have to point out that Eileen wouldn't need to use the fag & beer money for glasses - Severus would get them for free through the National Health.
Halfmoonglasses chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Hi!

I just found your story and I have to say it is awesome. I realy liked the tenor of this one shot. No heavy feelings coming out of the blue ruining an otherwise good one shot (it happens a lot).

I know its a one shot and maybe it is better off as such but, maybe you could write a sequel too? When they meet again somewhere, him wearing still the glasses...

But it s your choice.
Jinxie4 chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Interesting take on the glares of Snape. Thanks for sharing!
Sic Vita Est chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Lovely one-shot. :)
T Parke-Laine chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
This was so good! Until you pointed it out, I hadn't even noticed that you hadn't mentioned him by name.
Jani chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Very nice! SInce I saw the characters listed, I knew it was Snape already, but I once you mentioned that he wasn't named I thought about the tone of the story and think it worked out quite well to just refer to him as "he", etc. I liked the way you developed the 3 different myopia parts with a different definition. I wonder if he'll ever try contacts or laser surgery? :)
cecelle chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Beautiful written - I very much enjoyed this!