Reviews for and a silver sixpence in her shoe
winterstale chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Beautiful.

The meditative pace, juxtaposition of time, and slow reveal make the final moment absolutely spectacular. You did a wonderful job repeating the elements of the story, giving them much more significance than the wedding day rhyme we all know, and using them as signposts on Claire's journey.

I also appreciate that this piece was about love rather than sex. I understand that's what many readers look for, especially in a contest because it gets attention, but I really appreciate same-gender stories that go beyond citrus to the relationship and the people involved in it. It reinforces that same-gender couples love like het couples, that gender means little when the thing - the real thing - is love.

I love that you chose to play this story out against the imprint theme and made the phenomenon about guardianship rather than pre-destined mates. I just walked through the events in the Saga with this idea in mind, rather than a torrid love triangle and an infant who's destiny is chosen for her before she can even care for herself. I love it! I've decided Edward understood this at some point, even if Bella didn't, and that makes several things that happened in the source material much more palatable. You helped me find a happy place with 3/4 of the events in the Saga! lol Seriously,though, that was a great choice. :)

Love your words - thank you for sharing them. Best of luck in the contest! I'm looking forward to the reveal so I can search out more of your lovely writing!

Congrats!

~w
PortiaKhalo chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
This was such a beautiful story! I loved the flashbacks and the everyday things made into treasures with their history. Thank you.
The.Dragonfly.Lover chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
This is so sweet and touching, I love how it's presented.
lizf22 chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
about halfway through I realized what was going to happen, how lovely. wonderfully done. thank you!
mycrookedsmile chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
such understated beauty. I love it.
Paperback-Insomniac chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I loved it, great job.
FangMom chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
I love this SO MUCH! Beautifully written and incredibly sweet and poignant. It just goes to prove, without a shadow of doubt, that true love cannot be constrained by gender stereotypes. What a refreshing take on two very under-appreciated and seldom written-about characters in the saga. Absolutely lovely imagery! A must-read!
XeniiasOblivion chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
WOW!

i absolutely loved this, i wasn't expecting that to happen at all. I was shocked but in a good way. They make such a sweet couple..

Victoria.Maundrell chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Awwww! *wipes tear* What a wonderful, well written deeply beautiful story.