Reviews for Tale of Hal
major wallace chapter 3 . 10/31/2014
awesome work
AK74FU2 chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
As much as I like this story, something is nagging me. Usually Master Chief would have armor on, but without his armor, well there's a saying. "A Spartan isn't a Spartan without his armor". I may like this, I really do, but him losing his armor, and such things, I may not read this. Don't take it the wrong way, it has great potential., I just wish you good luck on making this. Or finishing it.
ranakastrasz chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
One thing that tends to indicate a potentially good story is when the author takes into account power differences and balances them.
I've seen stories with the Master chief in a fantasy-like world before. However, he always retained the power armor, and in some cases, other people, and the ship, or what was left of it.
Here, he doesn't even have Cortana, which, admittedly, is sad, but unavoidable.

This is a story worth following.
finlay chapter 3 . 2/3/2014
you need to continue it!
Hercules8 chapter 3 . 6/23/2013
I really like this story; you should continue it!
Erdrick117 chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Dang this story Is incredible and believable really hope you haven't abandoned it yet so everyone can keep reading or at leased send out a message saying you have stopped writing it.
General Slime chapter 3 . 1/19/2013
Great chapter, I especially love John's interactions with the people of Albion; being both humorous and even oddly enough believable. John will no doubt be on the lookout for some clockwork guns since those are the closest he'll get to his old ones. I am a bit skeptical about his skill with blades though, there is nothing in his training that would indicate he'd be effective with other than human combat knives and covenant melee weapons.

Is Sparrow going to be good, evil, or more neutral? I mean she obviously did the good path in her youth to get the 5 gold necessary to buy the Music Box; but that was before her sister was murdered and she was thrown out a window. She obviously has a more tactical train of thought now considering she was actually thinking about walking away from the slaver to build up some funds. Though it is odd that she is more bothered by the fact that John killed Thag in the middle of his speech (which was pretty funny).

I like what you've done with Theresa to be honest. Being an immortal seer with magic wouldn't make her all happy and kind; the fact that she sees the majority of people as incompetent and stupid is quite entertaining to read. I'm not really sure how to react to her being willing to free the Jack of Blades though.
OBSERVER01 chapter 3 . 11/11/2012
interesting
Viktorius chapter 3 . 9/30/2012
So so so so enjoyable. I like the idea of John building his own forces and the reactions of these people who are not used to any kind of highly militarised force.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/19/2012
Please just update, it has been over a year since your last update
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
please update
SpawnofAnarion chapter 3 . 6/10/2012
This is really awesome! I like what you're doing with Theresa. Up until recently I really didn't realize the fact that she's playing everyone. Please write more!
ThePersonFromYourNightmares chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
NO NO NO! Halo armour is invinsible! :( One is not amused...
wallsofmine chapter 3 . 5/1/2012
I like your story but i just dislike a coulpe things. One is the fact no one noticed his monumental amount of scars on him, even thought he is in a time with swords and such and scars would be common place, would attract attention to his obvious experience in combat. Second is the fact that you set his strength equal to a hero of strength witch i think is untrue even though they have a lot of strength i dought they can flip a car without much effort because i think john did that out of armor in the fall of reach. I lost the book so i can't tell you for sure. Other than that a vey good well thought out story and i hope you update soon.
killroy225 chapter 3 . 4/28/2012
oh so much potential please continue

may b chief can find the ship in the next few chapters?