Reviews for The Losers Game
Sailor Saturn fan chapter 3 . 9/21/2014
Hahaha. I love Sai humor ;)
Nostalgic Beauty chapter 3 . 5/5/2014
I've never read a decent Naruto/Sai fic before. This one was sweet, though I think Sasuke's parallel story was left hanging a bit. You should have brought it back to connect with the Naruto/Sai storyline. Instead, Sasuke seemed content to point out Sai's interest to Naruto and go back to brooding. Then again, this is a short story, so I wasn't expecting anything fully fleshed out.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/9/2014
This is brilliant! I love your characters. I liked that you left sasuke's subplot open ended to keep it more realistic. I like to think he stayed.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/10/2013
I love this story so the sooner you update the better
My Solitude chapter 3 . 1/20/2013
Interesting story. xD
Crystal M. Key chapter 3 . 9/18/2012
This was weird and adorable. The ANBU amused me a lot. Thanks! Favorite quotes:

He still had not seen anyone he had known before his departure. Although he had received a message from Kakashi telling him to expect a visit sometime during the second week.

He figured he'd see his former instructor in week four.

So far, his return was incredibly boring. He had attempted to go to the library the third day, but he was denied a library card. He was given some bullshit of needing to have occupied his current address for so much time.

So then he filled out a request for a card with one of the offices in the Hokage building –he wasn't sure which, because the form was retrieved by one of the ANBU. The man must have been just as bored as he was, because he had volunteered.

By the sixth day, he had received the card, but it was to be kept in the hands of the ANBU team assigned to him, and they would also be selecting and checking out his books for him.

They had thought it was hilarious to bring him children's books. Of course, by the end of the day, he had ended up reading them, and so had two of the ANBU.

It was obvious to Sai that Naruto would be helped by some sort of comfort at the moment, so he gently laid his hand on Naruto's arm, waiting for the other to turn and look at him before saying, "We should get started. Now take off your pants and shirt."

Unfortunately Sai's version of comfort was abuse.

Naruto blinked, his eyes starting to narrow before his expression changed again to something more at ease.

"Only for money," he quipped, recognizing that sometimes Sai was just Sai and it was pointless to get mad about it, especially when he was pretty sure the idiot was just trying to help.

In the end Sai instructed Naruto to cook a package of ramen and drew him while the blonde concentrated on his task.

Tsunade looked up from her game of dice with Shizune when Team Kakashi appeared in her office, transporting one irate and bound Uchiha.

"So, you finally brought him in," Tsunade said, looking at Sakura and Naruto, smiling. The two were shocked for a moment, before they realized just what was going on.

All of their training for the past few years had been for the sole purpose of bringing Sasuke back –willingly or not- and placing him in custody of the Hokage. It may not have been the situation they imagined, because they never envisioned it to be part of an infiltration exercise with the confines of the village. Still, there was a small amount of satisfaction in tying up Sasuke and dropping him, literally, on the floor in front of Tsunade. His truncated protests when they gagged him made it well worth it.

"Good job, brats.," Tsunade said, then to the roped mass at her feet, "Uchiha Sasuke, you are released to Team Kakashi for the night. Don't try anything stupid."

Still somewhat confused, the ruffled Uchiha didn't reply.

Sasuke turned to his side. He was supposed to focus on revenge.

All he could think about was stabbing Sai in the face.

Repeatedly.

"Well how would I even going about finding out if he's interested or not?"

"You could ask him."

"Is there a way we can find out where I don't have to do that?"

"What happened to the boy I knew who used to blurt out his questions without regard to how people would react?"

"Jiraiya started hitting me upside the head," Naruto deadpanned.

"Ah…" she said, unbeknownst to him, a few of her private questions were just answered.

"Also, you should ask Sai just what exactly he meant by that kiss and then immediately come and tell me. I do mean immediately."

"Why is that?"

"I like to be kept in the loop," she said, taking a sip of her lemonade.

Naruto hated when Sakura was right, which of course, was all the time. At least when it came to Naruto. Especially his personal life. She was quite opinionated about it, too. He supposed that it was like having a bossy older sister. He felt like she was older, anyway. Not that he'd ever tell her that, because she would definitely take it the wrong way and physically hurt him. She could be so touchy sometimes.

"I thought it was pretty obvious," he said, flipping another page. There was a stark silence for a moment broken by a slight giggle as Kakashi read something that made the exposed portion of his cheek flush slightly. Naruto thought the jounin's choice reading material was probably why he had ever jumped to the conclusion that Sai would have moves to be made, never mind that he happened to be right.

"I think those books have broken something inside your head."

The other man gave him an annoyed look before sighing resignedly and putting the book carefully into his pocket.

"So here's what I'm thinking," Naruto said, barging into the small apartment a few days later, "you're insane."

Sai blinked and considered bringing up that he had passed his last mental exam that Roots members were required to submit to biannually, but thought better of it. Naruto was already pacing through his home, his shoes haphazardly kicked off just outside the front door that he hadn't closed. When he was like this, he didn't take Sai's well reasoned arguments nicely.

"What brings you to this conclusion?" Sai decided that it would be best to start at the beginning than to remark that if anyone did appear to be acting irrationally, it would be Naruto. He had long ago learned that those kinds of observations only served to incite his teammate further.

"So I was running through the seals when Shizune burst in slamming the door against the wall. It startled me so badly I put in this huge burst of chakra, made the tiger seal instead of the ox seal and blew this gigantic hole in the opposite wall! Tsunade-sama was really mad at first but then when I started explaining what happened she was more interested in the technique that I accidentally created and forgot about the explosion, more or less. She spent the rest of the afternoon pushing off paperwork to try and refine it!" Sakura giggled. "Not that she wouldn't take any excuse to push off paperwork," she added, taking a sip of her tea.

Sai smiled at her in a very friendly way that Sasuke disapproved of on principle, mostly because he disapproved of Sai as a person.

"What do you mean 'I see'? You're the one who started all this! You kissed me first! Mmph!"

Sai decided to keep Naruto's rant at bay, lest his neighbors come complain about the noise later, and kissed his teammate again.

After a moment, Naruto stopped flailing and gave in. Another moment and they separated.

For a minute or two they stared at each other before Naruto asked, "So now what?"

"I have a book that…"

"I don't care what your book says."

"Are you sure? It's quite interesting. It's called The Complete Kama Sutra."
narutoxkiba-kun chapter 3 . 8/28/2012
loved it! sainaru for the win! :)
asm613 chapter 3 . 8/21/2012
you never even had naruto ask himself whether or not he wanted sai to kiss him or whether he wanted to kiss sai back or whether or not he was even attracted to boys 'that way'- you never even had sakura ask him those questions- seems that those would be the 1st places to go.
i reread the summary and saw this was a sai/naru- my mistake- i thought it was sasu/naru when i started reading
777angeloflove chapter 3 . 7/13/2012
LOVE IT!
snakeofdreams chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
Fav'd
viscomica chapter 3 . 5/20/2012
I love you so much for making this! And yes, I am reviewing at three in the frigging morning, and tomorrow I have classes to attend but I regret nothing! This is perfect. Every bit of it was perfect. So I'm not gonna rant about how spot on your portrayal of team 7 was, or how realistic this whole 'Sasuke coming back' thing was, not even how cool the last thing Sai said was...Ups...Guess I did rant about it. Anyway, you are cool, this fanfic is great. I am going to bed happy and hopefully thinking about this fic will get me through tomorrow!
licketyli chapter 3 . 11/16/2011
"Are you sure? It's quite interesting. It's called The Complete Kama Sutra."

HAHA Oh man. I was craving a Sai romance fic and this fit the bill perfectly. Thank you so much. :)
kaleidoscope-dream chapter 3 . 10/26/2011
This had a lot of great elements to it. Humor, a dash of seriousness, but mostly Sai just being Sai and I really loved reading that since your characterization of him seemed very in-character. Especially his comments and thoughts. Good job and I think you handled the Sasuke home-coming well. My favorite part would have to be when Team Kakashi tied Sasuke up and brought him to Tsunade for that training exercise. I had a lot of fun reading this, so thank you for sharing it!
meaghanhill93 chapter 3 . 7/29/2011
lol love you so much you have totally switched me to a complete Sai/Naruto fan you are amazing XDDDDDD
Erisa Daelyn chapter 3 . 7/25/2011
I'm not really sure how to take this story, BUT Sai's closing line was funny! :)
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »