Reviews for In Like
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
Ha, nice work on this. Very cool.
Gohanrox chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I just read this fic again! Its cute. I still cant beilive krillin barfed on a girl! Lmao!
Gohanrox chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Rofl krillin barfs on a girl!
kendokao chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Cute. Agreed, the Krillin/Gohan friendship is one of the highlights of the first half of Z. Krillin is very much like an older brother or the cool uncle, & I feel like he's one of the few characters who deals with Gohan as Gohan rather than as Goku's son. Rewatching parts of the series recently, it struck me as really telling that when Goku teleports away with Cell, Krillin immediately goes to comfort Gohan. I miss things like that in the latter half of Z.

In regard to the fic itself, I'm glad for the situation, focus, & placement within the overall Z timeline, but the part you really nailed was 18's commentary. Gotta love it.
Shinneth chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
One of my favorite aspects of the early DBZ era was the close friendship between Gohan and Krillin. Circumstances mandated that they'd have to spend a lot of time together as it was, and I thought it was very sweet how it was handled. They could've been lazy and kept them distant acquaintancs since the two already had two established close bonds (Krillin and Gohan with Goku, plus Gohan with Piccolo), but instead it felt like a nice throwback to the days of Goku and Krillin's youth... yet unique, as Gohan had a significantly different personality from his dad. His maturity from early on made his friendship with Krillin seem every bit as close and meaningful as Krillin's bond with Goku - only the rivalry aspect was replaced with Krillin taking Gohan under his wing and treating him like an equal (and even as early as Namek Krillin seemed to be aware that Gohan's potential far exceeded his own). Really, it seemed that for the longest time Krillin was Gohan's best friend in a normal manner, compared to Gohan's unusual father-son bond with Goku (where Gohan seemed to be the more/serious of the two most of the time) and the hard-earned soft spot Piccolo developed with Gohan. So when the series progressed and Krillin's role slowly diminished, consequently making their bond fade into obscurity, I was really bummed and the appreciation for it in the fanbase seemed so nonexistant back in the day when I was a kid and really into this show.

That said, I really love this story. One of the hardest things I had to adjust to in the Buu saga (beyond the general plot and villains themselves) was Gohan being grown up and getting a love interest. But that's why I love that you have this story set in this arc; you're helping me see it in a more positive light. I love how well you emphasize why Gohan chose Krillin of all people for advice, given his track record with girlfriends prior to 18. Despite that going against him, it really does make sense and I love 18's interjections here; they're humorous (I can just hear the deadpan tone of hers saying these lines) and totally true. Roshi's appearance is always good for a laugh, too; a shame more authors don't utilize him, since the very idea of him giving romantic advice to anyone is classic DB hilarity at its maximum.

Even without a true resolution, there's a nice feeling of optimism present at the end, which is good enough for me. After all, love's a complicated topic and pretty much every couple in the Dragon Ball series hooked up in the most unlikely of circumstances; some even barely explained at all! What I liked best about the end was naturally the agreement that Krillin and Gohan should hang out again like old times - it's interesting to imagine how that would be like with the two maturing significantly since the days before the Trunks saga, only now in a peaceful time rather than a constant, hectic fight for their ives at every twist and turn.

A pity I didn't read this when it was posted - it would've been an awesome birthday present. Thank you so much for writing this, though. Even now it's hard to find stories about my favorite subject material on this series, and a light-hearted and well-written piece like this does much to brighten up my day. It even helps me see the later half of the series in a better light, if only for this story's acknowledgement of the continuity that faded into obsurity in canon. Thank you very much!
Tracybrat chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Good story. I always liked Gohan's relationship with Krillin too.
RoronoaZoro87 chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
good story so far can't wait 2 see the rest!
RenegadeRain chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
I've read something better...it's on my page. Read it.
gue22 chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
Cute! And that's cute with the highest, squeakiest voice i can find. i really enjoyed it. Gohan is just so cute, and Im glad he came to Krillin for advice, it was a very nice story. Master Roshi, for a second there, i thought he was being entirely normal and sincere, but then the 'lap' comment, and i was like 'yep, that's master roshi alright'

i hope you will continue it at some point, too cute for words

happy writting!