Reviews for Bronze Star, Purple Heart
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
I love the coldness of John here - all that matters is the result. You do whatever it takes to get the job done. It's a part of John's life I've never seen explored in fic before so it was very interesting. (The touch of warmth at the end for Mary though, that was brilliantly judged.)
Jules chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
I love this! We need more stories of John in the war!
mb64 chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
This is an incredibly well written and very insightful look into John's military service. You have such a gift for getting into a character's mind and really showing us how they think and feel.

Wonderful! :)
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
I like the picture of John as the steadfast and heroic marine corporal.

His service probably made all three Winchesters better hunters but I still can't help but believe they would have been so much better off in the long run if John had been a navy SEAL or an elite Army Ranger.

The Marines are taught need to know and obey orders over all and both Dean and Sam needed more thinking for themselves and proper gathering and sharing of information than John favored.
zekeschance chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I liked this! I like getting to know John. Another accomplishment with the research girl! I like the insight into John's state of mind during the war. That's why he was so prepared to fight the supernatural. Loved the reporter! Should have been a ballerina. Nice touch! The last line was my favorite! Thanks!
DeanCasLover22 chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
I liked this a lot. I've always wanted Deacon in fanfiction, wanted to know more about his and John's friendship.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
"Look, this is a story about soldiers fighting side-by-side and covering each other's asses, who refuse to leave any man behind and refuse to quit until the mission is complete."

Awesome. You can really feel how John's leave no one behind and finish the job additude was reinforced on the battlefield and continued throughout his life.

Thanks for the nice glimpse into his world.
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
Excellent work, Marianna! Normally, a fic like this wouldn't interest me much, just because it doesn't involve Sam or Dean. But being that it was YOU, I couldn't resist. This was beautifully written and very in-character (which is great, as John isn't the easiest character to get right). Great work! :)