Reviews for And When the Earth Shall Claim Your Limbs
You're an amazing writer. This really reads like a published series - that ending gave me chills. Every time I read a fanfic like this I'm amazed all over again someone with the time and skill wrote this free novel just for fun. Really, really impressed. Thank you for sharing!
Luna Fantasma chapter 6 . 1/15
I am re reading this story this year 2016 after a horrible and sad 2015 in which my Dad passed away.
Along the end of 2014 and beginning of 2015 I have read the whole fanfic 'And when the Earth shall claim your Limbs' and almost all next fanfic 'Speak Against The Sun' (except for last chapter).
I didn't go on reading the last chapter of my favourite fanfic ever because I don't feel like it has been finished yet. And if it is not finished, I PLEASE ask you, Wordswithout, not to forget about the most intriguing story ever. You said it yourself "This story as a whole was never meant to be as long as it's going to be but, hey, story of my life."
I won't make seconds reviews of chapters because I already did, but I am only letting you know that your story is still my favourite of all fanfics of everything I have been able to read ever.
The long part of the story when Malik and Kadar survive the desert is among the most impressive and moving things I ever read. It's tender yet tough.
When Altair and Malik meet is... Supreme.
Please, if you didn't finish "Speak Against the Sun" I beg you to continue it. Lots of love and on my Deviantart account I have artworks of them (as adults)
Luna Fantasma Deviantart
firelords chapter 24 . 1/10
This was an incredible journey.

From the beginning of the story to the final end, your phenomenal writing has sculpted a tale full of humor, horror, and family. The strong, realistic characters and the developments they go through are so real and tangible I feel as if the character actually exists. The events and scenes in every single, blessedly long chapter are flawlessly executed and each perfectly structured sentence wonderfully enhance the overall quality of the story. You are such a gifted, talented writer; thank you for sharing your works.
Vladimir the Hamster chapter 24 . 9/1/2015
Man, I am emotionally shattered after binging through this in a little over 2 days. Just really incredible writing and your dialogue is so on point and Oh god Kadar and Malik and Altaïr and everything hurts and I want need more.
Vladimir the Hamster chapter 21 . 9/1/2015
Well. I've only played the Ezio games so I can't tell you if Kadar is in character or not. No problem for me! (I've only watched videos and read Mirror and Image's novelisation of the first game...I'm wondering if I should play it after all. I'm getting a little tired of seeing other people's interpretations of the characters) But either way, I love how the events of the past chapters affects Malik and Altaïr's behaviour in this mission. Like after getting to know Altaïr through the codex only, seeing the beginning of AC1 was quite a shock xD like jeez, I know the developers were probably trying to get straight to the point but that arrogance was almost a caricature. But man, I haven't reviewed every chapter but in each I always think about how much I love your dialogue. The ones between Kadar and Malik especially. Argh already overwhelmed by feels of dread and sadness and I'm not done reading this chapter yet how will I survive what are you doing to me.
Vladimir the Hamster chapter 20 . 9/1/2015
Oh noooooooooooo! The dread I feel knowing what's coming next. And right after such a tumultuous chapter, too. Eating McDonald's for dinner is not helping my stomach at all, too. Also, kinda random place to remark on it, but normally I don't like unhealthy ships, but I can't read Maltair any other way and enjoy it, even in AUs. Hmm.
Vladimir the Hamster chapter 15 . 8/31/2015
For whatever reason I keep picturing Draco Malfoy in place of Altaïr in this fic. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but since young Altaïr is a little snot I suppose it's fitting lol. It is a nice change to read a fic where he's like this instead of his older, more mature self in other fics. Anyway so far this fic has already made me feel probably every feeling and it's so well written. Like, in general but I adore especially the way you write relationships and dialogue. and I'm only halfway through. So excited to keep going! And now that I've actually finished reading the chapter, holy Jesus how is Malik still standing upright at all that blood loss? I've lost enough blood to puddle before and was decidedly very lightheaded, and that was from a single cut. And how many lessons does Altaïr need to bludgeon some sense into his head lol.
Smarti chapter 24 . 5/1/2015
I can find no words to decribe my feelings in the last few weeks since I started reading your fic. Also started with one chapter twice a week but the last four days or so, I read up to six hours a day, abandoning gaming, eating and sleeping for the expetation of what comes next.
I was writing FFs since 2002 myself and was always searching for good stuff, often it was all in vain. Thought I'd came here from DA and its Fanart and stayed.

The way you give live to this story and its protagonists is so incredible beautyful, every movement and sentence so delicately chosen that I'm still out of words.
When climbing up my houses stairs I stoped and thought about how it must have felt for theese young boys to see this sun tanned assassin in its swaying robes, hand on the handle of his sword pass by like some kind of imaginary person. My skin shivered by first brush of their shoulders on that platform and my heart jumped on what followed. I always was so curious on how you would end this ans also afraid that it will end.

Today at 4am I stopped reading with the entering of Solomons Temple because I thought I could never sleep after what will follow, inevitable it is, ans also known. And now I'm finished and the tears are drying, yes I cried the last chapters all along, mature as I am. And when the last lines where over an sad emptyness was spreading in me. Took me half an hour to take the notebook back to hands to write this.
Being not a natural speaker also, makes it even more difficult for me to describe my feelings about this but I can say that so much of it will be memorised by me for long time maybe some pictures forever, burried in my sponge like brain and popping up when I see a particular art piece or maybe just the next AC in store. After this I feel so much more connected to AC although I thougt I was already in it.
Thank you so much for this story!
Luna Fantasma chapter 24 . 1/30/2015
And When The Earth Shall Claim your Limbs ended, and also my wish of living u.u I almost broke into tears. From the prologue to the epilogue I read with patience, slowly as I like doing, and I enjoyed every word, phrase, chapter of it.
The excellence in your writing really outstands because of the dedication and effort, I am so sad for Malik, that howl at the end! The one he has been restraining since he was a child, that howl of physical, mental and EMOTIONAL PAIN, released after so many years of toughness... I don't find the right words to describe it. I am not an English native speaker, writing a long review is not as easy for me as if I were, but I'm trying to find the words on my head to express the burning emotion whirling on my mind after reading the epilogue.
Altair, being dependant on Malik in a wide sense, not only emotionally and physically, but almost religiously, really doesn't know the right words, but he FEELS, oh damn he does. And I can't imagine what comes next! I do not want to read the sequel yet because I prefer you to finish it, otherwise I don't think I'd enjoy it so much (reading in parts and waiting months to read the next chapter) THAT WILL DEFINITELY KILL ME x_x I am too anxious to do that.

I wanted to tell you that I read your story in 5 weeks, why if it was finished? because I WANTED TO ENJOY IT, so I read one chapter and some days the next. Doing that along 5 weeks really REALLY gave me a sense of time, of continuation, of time passing by since Malik and Kadar were 10 and 6 respectively, and then in their adulthood. It wasn't for me like reading 5 chapters in a day and then all the story in a whole week as if time didn't exist. I enjoyed the reading and sensed the years with each chapter along about a month. I even dedicated fanart to you on Deviantart.
Now, I hope to have made a decent review

Thanks for this, Words Without, THANKS.
Luna Fantasma chapter 23 . 1/25/2015
This last chapter before the epilogue made me so sad, crying was my only way out. Kadar and Malik's last embrace was one of the most memorable things in the whole story. And the explanation of how Malik got his arm lost is magnificent, really really it makes one think that your vision can truly be considered canon because it sounds logic in every sense. In the game it doesn't say anything about Kadar and Malik's terrible fight against the Templars and how the last made his way through Masyaf and got his arm and brother lost. Excellent!
Luna Fantasma chapter 22 . 1/23/2015
I can say many things about this chapter but the end of it really made me dream when I slept after finishing it. It was 5:45 am and I finished reading. Later on the morning almost at lunchtime in my seventh dream I dreamt of Kadar fighting and an Opera orchestra in the background playing an ode song to him. I swear! I dreamt that! Today I had a kind of depression because of that. But it's not a bad thing, it shows how you wrote so well and put strong emotions into it. For me reading your story is amazing, I take my time at about 2 am (yes I have holidays until March) and read until I feel tired enough to stop. Uuhm... Today I almost didn't sleep at all, especially after the end of this chapter. And what amazed me a lot too was to imagine how desperate would have been Altair without the capability to help his lover, and Malik's desperation for his brother, and Kadar's fight OMG! He really outstands in this chapter. Excellent choice of words by the way, 'That he dug at the rockslide until his fingers bled. That he heard the screams and heard them end.'
When I imagine how desperate was Altair, or would be, or will be later when he realises the mistake in his decisions, I really feel sorry for him too.
Luna Fantasma chapter 20 . 1/14/2015
OMG in this scene at the end I could almost close my eyes and imagine I was there, watching anonymously hidden behind a curtain or something. I loved the male toughness you described Malik has. That is WITH I LIKE TO READ: two males acting like who they are, not just a stereotypical yaoi scene with one of them being shy and behaving out of character. I liked what you wrote because of that, you didn't write about stereotypes. Malik and Altair are both powerful and good fighters in ALL SENSES .. you know what I mean ;)
I would only expect later to see Malik doing the same with you know who. I truly wish he grabs Altair and gives him what he deserves mwahahaha I mean, come on Altair... You must know what it feels to be in Malik's shoes. And Malik, you can definitely do it!
Guest chapter 18 . 1/10/2015
Kadar... Kadar oh damn he just saw them \( ö )/ I laughed a lot because I remember I saw and downloaded 2 digital artworks with that scene. And Altair doesn't give a damn, he just wanna... XD your ability to be serious and then to write something funny is worth reading every time. I don't ever get bored of your imagination
Luna Fantasma chapter 17 . 1/1/2015
(**) ... Is there is an expression I can possibly describe to you after reading this chapter ehmmm... OMG! I hope Malik takes revenge at one point in another chapter I hope Altair will have to know what it feels mwahahaha
Luna Fantasma chapter 15 . 12/30/2014
My Goodness all that Malik has to stand, you did make him sound really really strong in this chapter, don't worry :-)
And yes Altair is still young, that's why I am glad you made him look angry and show emotions, that's good we have enough coolness from him on the AC 1 hehe.