Reviews for Piano Man
kimjo2 chapter 1 . 4/4
It made me cry. Thanks so much
HeathRowTottie chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Beautiful oneshot. Has a dreamlike quality to it. Love it.
Writingperson chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
please give us more?
Guest chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
Lovely! Absolutely lovely and romantic!

Did you see the episode in season 6 where Sheldon would go into a room for 20 minutes every day, and Raj and Howard put a camera there to find out what he did there and Sheldon told them, "You may not realize it but I have difficulty navigating certain aspects of daily life...it's exhausting, which is why, for twenty minutes a day, I like to go down to that room, turn my mind off, and do what I need to do to recharge."? I know we got the answer to what he really did down there at the end of that episode, but how cool would it be if playing the piano was what Sheldon did there everyday! I mean, I don't know why, but it kind of fits him, doesn’t it? OK, from now on it is going my personal head canon that Sheldon goes to play the piano in the auditorium every day for 20 minutes to recharge!

Thanks for giving me this lovely idea and imagery! X)
S.M chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
This was a beautiful piece. Sheldon does have the hands/fingers of a pianist, doesn't he? And if I'm not mistaken, Jim plays the piano in real life too.

I liked your Sheldon and Penny. I agree with another reviewer: I can totally see this side to Sheldon.
Constance Truggle chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
That was lovely! Thoroughly enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing!

CT.
TheDarkestDaisy chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
So. Is sex on a piano loud!?
There's gotta be a joke in that somewhere.
twilightnemo chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Great story!
JaiUneIdee chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
This was absolutely *gorgeous* !
jedimasterathena chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
OH MY FLIPPIN FLIPPITY FLIP! Prepare for the longest review of your life, because I have just got to talk about everything. OH MY GAWD! This is definitely Favorited (which I never do).
Okay, but first things first. A lot of it seemed to be a little scattered, one thing in the plot didn't lead exactly to the next. My biggest suggestion would to, instead of Penny referencing the interview, have her sit and listen and let all of the emotions that are so well defined by sheldon's playing SHOW her that he feels everything like he does with his memory. BUT I had never thought of the eidetic memory like that. KUDOS raised to the millionth! That was BEYOND FRIGGIN BRILLIANT! It touched my heart and I could hear the music and feel what they were feeling. Woah, sweet Lord that was such a fabulous idea I don't even have words.
Also, the language in the first couple of paragraphs (before she enters the auditorium) was a little dry, which in unfair to you because the rest was so splendidly wonderful. And also when they are having the little exchange about being in a movie, that was a little OOC BUT from the rest of this I can tell you could figure something out. And Penny did a little too much talking. I feel like you needed to provide some validation, but you really didn'y you were able to paint the emotions between the characters so well that it would be just as good without any dialogue.
When Sheldon sad, "I'm a physicist, I think about everything." AHHHHH! LOVELY! Or how he had already added her to his Nobel Prize Acceptance speech! EEEEK LOVED IT!
And your IMAGERY! Holy crap. I could see Sheldon sitting there playing the piano in the shadows his eyes closed with melancholy, his fingers ghosting over the keys. I could HEAR the music. FABULOUS! I love the spin you took on Sheldon. It's different but It's still HIM. Just another side of the same coin ya know? For some reason, in my mind, Sheldon in his t-shirts playing at a university auditorium transformed into sheldon in a very handsome suit playing amongst the red plush and crystal chandeliers of the Met Opera House, which just makes me melt.
Overall, one of the best out there, even with the parts that need some tweaking, but hey nobody's perfect. Looking forward to more from you!
DoctorSweets chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
very sweet. i love the music as well.
djamileh chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
This is definitely going to my favorites. :') Thank you for sharing this story.
Tjay M chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Just beautiful... I love it. I'm so glad I found this... you've stolen my heart!
Tribeca chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
Really enjoyed this! I love how you incorporated some of my favorite old songs into the story~Piano Man, Walking in Memphis and Wonderful Tonight~very nice with just the right amount of Shenny hotness mixed in to keep it entertaining! Good job!
Halfred Askold chapter 1 . 4/7/2012