Reviews for No Secrets Between Partners
nonantum chapter 1 . 1/5
Love takes time.
Novanglus chapter 1 . 1/2
It's delightful, it's delicious, it's de-lovely.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/15/2018
cute
RhondaLara chapter 1 . 9/8/2015
Nice!
CristinaHelena chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
Cute! You wrote the characters very well, very true to the show.
nooni19 chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
A nice story
magical-mystery-girl chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
CUTE! I loved it! I just started NCIS:LA and I love these guys together (They are the reason I started to watch it in the first place) Great job with the story!
Lydian Stone chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
I loved this! Perfect characterization and pull between them.

Loved this line, "She almost laughs then, wryly entertaining some absurd wish that the dizziness she feels now did stem from some sort of internal bleeding – at least she could head to the hospital and get that fixed."
Jelly 2 chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Aww, sexy times! “At the moment, she's kind of mesmerized because along with the surprise and the pain, there's a fire beneath his touch that she'd never really expected to feel, and suddenly her heart is working overtime, beating furiously against her chest because she's realizing for the first time that she's never really been this close to him, well, except for one other time, and she'd come damn close to kissing him then. And now she's feeling that same exact urge and barely hears as he quietly calls her name, once, then twice before her eyes refocus on him again. "What?" she asks, her dry voice sounding so foreign to her own ears.

She almost laughs then, wryly entertaining some absurd wish that the dizziness she feels now did stem from some sort of internal bleeding – at least she could head to the hospital and get that fixed. This…well, she doesn't know the first thing about fixing this because it's everything she's avoided feeling for so many years. Maybe, and she chooses to try and ignore this for the time being, she doesn't want to fix this.” THERE’S NO FIXING AND SHE DOESN’T WANT TO FIX THIS BECAUSE WANTING HIM IS THE BEST THING SHE’S EVER FELT IN SO LONG! Give him to her!

“And stormy those eyes are right now, suddenly filled with concern and worry and so many others that Kensi hates…usually.” But she doesn’t hate it when it’s her partner because he’s sexy when he’s worried! And it feels nice, having someone care like that!

“Her voice falters then as his fingertips slowly brush along the outline of her bruising, his touch simultaneously light as a feather and intense as a flame. Her partner, his hands on her…it's a decidedly unsexy situation but even so, Kensi's suddenly short of breath, gasping for it but finding herself denied. It's all she can do not to squirm; all she can do not to whimper. It's all she can do not to throw her arms around his neck and kiss him like she's wanted to do since that day the Russians had taken her. Somehow, it all seems to come back to that, the first and only time she's found herself in his arms and before she can stop that dangerous train of thought, she's wishing she could feel that again.” DEEKS CAN MAKE EVERYTHING SEXY. Taking out the trash. Washing the car. Reading the paper. Running. Sleeping. Brushing teeth. Doing laundry. :P And she wants to feel him again, hehe. ;)

“"Only you," he says, and Kensi's not quite sure whether she's hearing amusement or awe in his voice. Maybe a little bit of both. "Most people end up in the morgue when they run out in front of a car. Or at least in the hospital. But you…you get up and not only walk away, you run after me all the way out to the canal."” He admires her! Awww!

Super Kensi! “Again he shakes his head, and when he speaks this time, Kensi knows she's hearing awe in his voice. "What are you, like Super-Kensi or something?" It's only at that point that she realizes his other hand has fallen innocently to her hip; Deeks, though…Kensi's not sure he realizes it. But she certainly does; oh, she does, and she kind of hates herself for the way her breath catches, because she's sure there's no way he doesn't notice that. He's barely inches away from her; he can't not notice it.

And with one look in his eyes, she knows he's noticed. Knows he's finally realized just how close he is to her; knows he's finally realized that he's got one hand on her hip and the other against bare skin; knows that he's finally realized that her heart is pounding, her head is spinning, and she wants his lips against hers more than she can possibly want anything else right now.”

AND SHE WANTS TO KISS HIM! And he’s touching her and she can’t think straight beside this only thought that keeps racing in her mind: his lips against hers, his body above hers, slick skin sliding against each other…Mmmh.

KISS! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! And she thinks it’s perfection and it is!

“Actually, she's not entirely sure he does realize that last part just yet – but if it's not crystal clear to him in the next few seconds, he'll never get it. Lifting a hand to his stubbled cheek, she catches the brief look of surprise in his blue eyes just before her lips find his. It's surprise that doesn't linger, though, because he hesitates only a second before he's kissing her back, before she's forgetting the pain that had been plaguing nearly every inch of her body and focusing in solely on the feel of his lips on hers, the electricity jumping between them, the desire that sparks within her as he nips playfully at her lower lip, blurring the line between slow and cautious and intense and hungry. Either way, she's certain it's about as damn near perfection as it can get, the way his mouth melds with hers, the steady give-and-take, the subtle battle for control that mirrors most of their verbal encounters.

She's not sure at what point they finally break apart; all she knows is that, as he draws back, all she wants is more. It's like she's tasted enough to find herself addicted and, right now, she can't even find the will to hate herself for that, nor for the bit of weakness she shows as she draws her tongue over her lips, sighing softly at the lingering taste of him. She's also not sure how much time passes before the silence is broken – by him, of course, because she's still attempting to sift through the haze that has flooded her mind.”

And this is perfect. The perfect little quip to brighten the situation instead in falling in the “OMG WHAT DID WE JUST DO IT WAS A MISTAKE” bullshit that often follows kisses between partners who are not supposed to kiss but fuck you, damn rules – besides, this is NCISLA, so you don’t have to follow Gibbs’s Rule 12 about dating. “He grins, that maddening grin that just makes her want to kiss him again. "So, uh…I think you just made it weird for me to marry your daughter in twenty years," he quips, lightly touching his forehead to hers before finally taking a step back.” And he’s touching his forehead to hers! ! ! ! I died.

This man is the best: "You know," he says, "I was going to ask before if you needed me to kiss you better, but I thought that might've been in bad taste…"

“It's an empty threat because they both know she's not going home alone. That's something that started long before tonight; it's something that started with her concerned partner not wanting her to be alone after the ordeal with the Russians, something that continued on Christmas Eve as the trust between them continued to grow, something she's been grateful for each time, his company. She won't admit it, but she doesn't want to be alone. He doesn't admit it, but she knows anyway – he needs to know that she's okay.”

AND THIS IS ONE OF YOUR BEST LINES AGAIN. “She won't admit it, but she doesn't want to be alone. He doesn't admit it, but she knows anyway – he needs to know that she's okay.” Once again, perfect summary lines for a perfect story.

“As wary as she was at first, she's grown to love how well he knows her – but that's another thing she won't admit. Not yet, anyway. Someday, maybe.” SHE LOVES HIM AND SHE LOVES THE FACT THAT HE KNOWS HER SO WELL BECAUSE NO ONE HAS EVER SPENT SO MUCH TIME GETTING TO KNOW HER, GETTING TO KNOW THE REAL-HER AND STILL STAYING WITH HER FOREVER! Awww!

And he’s oh so delicious.

“But he's ready for that one too, not that she'd ever expected otherwise. Lazily draping an arm around her shoulders, he effortlessly falls into step with her, offering a playful wink in response to her lifted brow. "Then I guess it's a good thing I'm taking you home tonight."

She won't admit it just yet, of course, but she's glad for that.

She's certain he's knows too.

They might try to keep their secrets, but in the end, they know each other better than anyone else could ever hope to.”

PURRFECTION.

Really.

He’s taking her…home tonight! And he’s draping his arm around her! And she lets him and she likes it! Awww! And they have no secrets between each other because because they can’t keep them because they know each other too well! Awww. All the threes snuggling in front of TV forever!
Jelly chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Only you could write a post-ep about a good episode - but not a fantastic episode you know, like Deliverance or The Job - and turn it into gold. Only you. :D Now, on with the story.

“It's only when she's damn sure that she's alone that she lets herself acknowledge the pain.” But why do you do that, Kiki? Let your man take care of you!

“Briefly she thinks it must be retribution for all the damage she's inflicted on various cars over the years;” Bahaha and here I see the scene when she’s trashing the car, yelling like she’s on crazy mad PMS mode!

“If she doesn't think about the pain, it's not quite so bad.
She's fine, really.” LOLILOL, Kiki. Keep telling yourself that…and it still will never be true.

“She carries a few too many scars from too many recent cases – today, with the car, and the bump on her head she'd received on Christmas Eve being just a couple of examples she'd like to forget…examples she'd like everyone to forget or, in the case of the former, never find out about to begin with.” Don’t forget who took care of you after each of these scars! Don’t forget whose shoulder you fell asleep on after a bad movie on your couch; don’t forget who made you breakfast afterwards. Don’t forget who kissed you better…on the bruise, of course!

“So it has to be Callen; probably a rather confused Callen still trying to figure out just how Hetty had beaten him to the top of the rock wall. A teasing lilt to her voice, she calls out into the darkness. "So, who won, Cal – oh."

She's momentarily surprised when the owner of the footsteps finally rounds the corner and steps into her line of sight, his unruly blonde hair obviously not Callen's. "Well don't sound so disappointed," he quips.” LOL, and she dares pretend she’s a federal agent, and can’t even recognize the steps of her partner dearest? Let me lol.

Dolphin D! That is adorable! Even if she’s mocking him, it still is! And I love love love the banter that follows, hence lots of quoting! Sunset orange!

“Lifting a hand, Deeks scratches nonchalantly at the back of his neck. "Took you all evening to come up with that one, yeah?" he retorts, a decidedly playful grin at his lips.

"Don't even try to act like D-Unit is any better," she throws back. "Or D-Rock, or any of the other absurdities that came from the scary place that is your head. At least mine makes sense."

Deeks nods slowly, seemingly deep in thought for a short moment. "Alright, I'll give you that," he accedes, though before Kensi can say anything, that smirk of his is back in place. "Dolphins are some of the smartest creatures there are, you know." He pauses for a moment, watching Kensi roll her eyes before continuing. "Plus, everybody loves dolphins. Everybody."

"Oh. My mistake, then," she says sweetly. "I guess it doesn't fit at all."”

Everybody loves dolphins because they’re pretty and kind and you can stroke them and swim with them! And Deeks is gonna dive in her gracefully like a dolphin! And Kiki is such a bad liar if she pretends that the description doesn’t fit perfectly: smart and adorable and endearing and loveable! ! !

“He takes a step toward her before leaning casually against the wall just a couple of feet away from her. "Yeah. That's cute. You, acting like you're immune to the charm," he smirks, lazily waving a hand in what Kensi guesses is supposed to be an illustration of said charm.

Eyes sparkling with amusement, she mimics the action. "Yeah. So charming, that. You're right, I just can't resist," she deadpans.

He's not deterred by her sarcasm; he rarely is. "Just admit it – you love me." He grins wickedly. "Fern."

Despite herself, she gives a snort of laughter. "Don't you dare, Deeks."

"What, you prefer Kiki now? I know you loved that one, thought it was the most clever thing you've ever heard.”

And now the cheesy corny ridiculous nicknames that she dares pretend she hates when in fact, really, she loves them for those same reasons: they’re cheesy, corny, ridiculous, but it’s her partner that she already adores who gave them to her so of course she loves them! Because no one has been this sweet with her in six lonely long years. Awww! Kiki! Fern! She is SO NOT immune to the charm – wouldn’t even if she tried.

Lolilol very hard at Sweet Tooth Kensi and Thievery McBlye and all Kensi has to reply to that is, “Wait, McBlye?” and a giggle! She giggles! Kensi Badass – Not So Much When Your Middle Name Is Girly Marie – Blye giggled! ! ! ! ! ! ALL THE EXCLAMATIVES IN THE WORLD! She giggled! Awww! Because she finds her man so funny and so witty and pretty and bright!

And still loliloling at this: “He waves that off. "Creative license – it sounds better, but that's not important. What's important is that I've been keeping close watch on my secret stash of various tasty Little Debbies and someone has been depleting them – I finally know who it is."

He sounds so triumphant in his discovery that Kensi can't help but dissolve into a full-blown fit of laughter. "Brilliant work, Detective," she quips, emphasizing the first syllable and even though she knows that nickname is just as lame as any of the others, she can't help but feel just a bit clever – she might lack his overall wit, but she's just as quick as him and can still go head-to-head with him in a verbal sparring match.” She *might* lack his overall wit? You mean like she fucking sucks at being witty, I hope. ;) And she calls him Detective! She might think it’s funny, but just you wait until he makes her moan it and it’ll fall directly into the sexy, pillow-talk category!

Oh, Kiki is hurting! “She tries to wave it off, despite already knowing that trying is useless, especially with Deeks. "You shouldn't have made me laugh," she says in what could have been a tone of accusation, but falls somewhere just a few steps above a whimper. That just alarms him more, and she closes her eyes, knowing she's going to have to wait for the pain to fade. "I – I'm fine," she says after a moment, ever mindful of his grasp on her upper arms. She repeats herself once, then twice, mostly in an effort to convince Deeks because she knows that she's okay.

The playful spark has disappeared from his eyes, as well as from his voice – despite everything, she has to give him credit: he knows when to lose the sarcasm and adopt a more serious demeanor.” And he’s so concerned! He loves his Kiki and he can’t stand seeing her hurt! She’s not fine and he knows it because he knows her better than anybody else!

“Kensi wants to hate him because of course she's going to fall victim to those eyes of his; she doesn't want to admit that she's in any way hurt, but right now she doesn't see any way around it because if anything, Deeks is persistent. He'll break her down and fight his way under his skin like he's done so many times before, and he'll stay there until she tells him exactly why she's hiding in the dark, why it currently hurts to breathe, what exactly happened in Venice earlier that afternoon. And worst of all - or best, she doesn't really know - those eyes of his will draw her right in. She has to be careful; she's developed a weakness for those crystal blues and they can have her spilling her every secret if she's not careful.”

He cast a spell on her! She’s so not immune! She wants him! It might not be love yet, but there’s already a sheer amount of lust, attraction and desire here, mingled with concern and care, and that, kids, is the perfect love combination. She might refuse to call it love – might try to hide it behind desire and attraction, but she doesn’t only lust for him, this I know. And deep down, she knows it too – hence why she’s scared! AND SHE IS IN LOVE WITH HIS EYES! They’re her weakness, she can’t resist! (and on a dirty note, secrets are not the only thing she’s gonna spill tonight. Ahem.)

“Instinctively, Deeks lays a hand over hers at her stomach; briefly she thinks maybe she should push him away, but she doesn't. Doesn't, because no matter what her head is saying, no matter what amount of pain she's currently in, she's suddenly feeling the little flutter of her heart alongside all of that.” Little flutter? You mean like a butterfly hurricane in her belly! Because because he’s touching her and she wants him more than ever now!

Love how he tries to be calm when she keeps saying that she did wrong. And I love that he’s not trying to comfort her by saying “it’s okay”, but by simply stating facts; it’s not her fault, but he’s not sugarcoating it and I love that. Kensi’s not one who needs sugar in those instants.
MissAlesig chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
O. Jess, I'm stunned by how brilliant and clever you are. How the hell you were able to write the garage scene from "Blye, K. (2)" way (like 1 year and half) before it really happened?! Dave Kalstein is brilliant and I love him, but you should sue him for stealing your work, lol. I'm telling you, he must've been reading your stories and he must love them as much as we do, or else he wouldn't have tried to play it on the show. He's your fan too ;P
LOL I'm kidding, of course, but I couldn't help the feeling of "Deja Vu" when I was reading this. Except for the fact this was written before "Blye, K". Even the way he founds out that she's in pain, when he makes her laugh, doesn't ring any bell to you?! That just proves to me you have the same mind as the brilliant Dave Kalstein. I already use this before, but I'm gonna use it again: you know what they say, great minds think alike ;)

Ok, let me just tell you how much I loved that you've caught how violently Kensi was hit by that car and you transformed that in a beautiful moment between KD. I mean, I was kind of disappointed, while watching the episode, that Deeks wasn't there to make sure she was Ok. I kind of wished she was a little hurt, just to see Deeks worried and take care of her. So, this is exactly what I wanted to happen. And it was even more perfect than I could ever imagined.
The way you wrote their banter, the tease with each other, the nicknames "Fern", "Kiki" "McBlye" "Dolphin D" "Detective"... that was great. You even picked up the way Deeks is obviously in awe with Kensi, when he calls her "Super-Kensi" (for me that was another "Deja-Vu" moment to "Wonder-Woman"). That was perfect.
And I loved this, amongst many other moments:
"She has to be careful; she's developed a weakness for those crystal blues and they can have her spilling her every secret if she's not careful." That was just beautiful.
And the number of 'I'm fines' you throw in this, when she's not fine at all, that it's so Kensi, and you wrote it way before this was ever mention on the show. I mean, you really got the essence of Kensi. So Brilliant!
If only the kiss you wrote here was foreshadowing to what might happen on the show, I guess we would have gotten one by now. But your predictive powers didn't work this time. If only...

"And with one look in his eyes, she knows he's noticed. Knows he's finally realized just how close he is to her; (...) knows that he's finally realized that her heart is pounding, her head is spinning, and she wants his lips against hers more than she can possibly want anything else right now." 3

And then she kisses him, and it's just perfect! The way Kensi couldn't resist Deeks soft and tender touches, the way she finally surrenders to her desires and feelings, taking Deeks by surprise (hellooo, NW much?) Perfect!
"He grins, that maddening grin that just makes her want to kiss him again." Oh you're so right in saying it's addictive.
And it ended beautifully, there was no awkwardness after the kiss, they just go on with the teasing and the banter:
" (...) that familiar devilish glint flickers through his eyes just seconds before he speaks again. "You know," he says, "I was going to ask before if you needed me to kiss you better, but I thought that might've been in bad taste…" 3
And then they just left together. Again, perfect! It was the perfect ending for a perfect story. Sooo fricken perfect 3
ImpactedJudgment chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Dear Kensi,

Stop trying to convince yourself that your partner doesn't drive you crazy...and you know what I mean. Stop trying to pretend he doesn't push every button you have and even the ones you know nothing about. Stop fighting the ever-growing urge to fall into him completely. Just go with Jess here, you know it's what you want!

Sincerely, a very jealous me
Hehehe :D
ZBBZL chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
"Somehow, it all seems to come back to that, the first and only time she's found herself in his arms and before she can stop that dangerous train of thought, she's wishing she could feel that again."

See, my eyes hurt, but I think I can handle the pain.

Oh, how I love how you emphasize just how lost - and a willing goner - she is in those deep, gorgeous blue eyes of his. The very same eyes that belong to the very same partner who could make her do and say just about anything, but mostly everything she swears she won't ever do again...

And if his admiration isn't all kinds of amazing, too.

"And with one look in his eyes, she knows he's noticed. Knows he's finally realized just how close he is to her; knows he's finally realized that he's got one hand on her hip and the other against bare skin; knows that he's finally realized that her heart is pounding, her head is spinning, and she wants his lips against hers more than she can possibly want anything else right now."

Uh-huh. How I love all these things they tell each other with one look, too. I'm sure you could put no dialogue in any of your stories, just with how perfectly well-written those thoughts are.

And I think you just nailed it with that word, "addicted". It's exactly this.

Exactly.

It's the only reason why she keeps coming back for more in the show though she fights against it and him all the time.

Scratch that. This: "It's an empty threat because they both know she's not going home alone. That's something that started long before tonight; it's something that started with her concerned partner not wanting her to be alone after the ordeal with the Russians, something that continued on Christmas Eve as the trust between them continued to grow, something she's been grateful for each time, his company. She won't admit it, but she doesn't want to be alone. He doesn't admit it, but she knows anyway – he needs to know that she's okay.

She knows she could jump in her car right now and head home, and he'd be at her door within the hour, a box of Ding-Dongs in his hand. As wary as she was at first, she's grown to love how well he knows her – but that's another thing she won't admit. Not yet, anyway. Someday, maybe."

This was just the best way to enlighten just how much those earlier eps still hold so much meaning.

Jess, oh, Jess !
anonkp chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Loved it. Works so well with the actual episode.
shad75 chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
This was so cute and adorable. I love it when he's so concerned about her. But again, I can't remember the episode at all so I've got to rewatch. I have this weekend off. Usually, I have classes over the weekend. But I came to see my dad at the sea side so I don't have my dvds.

Love your writing.