Reviews for The Happiest Days of our Lives
Fille De Papier chapter 14 . 3/6
This was amazing ! Probably one of the most beautifully written and creative fanfiction I've ever read. It was heartbreaking some times, funny some other andthe whole story had some king of helplessness attached to it that hit me quite hard. I trully thought several times that they wouldn't make it, that one of them would die or that it was just a wistfull thinking from Sirius as he died in book 5 (I was praying for the last one to be false because it would have been the worste ).

Peter was my favourite character in this because he was down to earth when other weren't and he fought his fear, fought the diary and proved them all wrong at the end by coming back and saving the day (and Remus !). I always thought that there was more to his story, to his motives than JK told us and it was surprisingly refreshing to have a Peter that was flawed and scared and little imature sometimes but no more than the others, a Peter that wasn't described as a horrible or evil character but one that was treated with the same respect and given as much developpement as the 3 other Marauders. It was, in my opinion, one of the most brilliant points of this story. One among many, but still ! :)

Sirius and Remus' relationship was exceptionnally well written as you described their friendship, the way they undertand each other and know when to push and when to withdraw, and the natural evolution of their relationship, shifting from friends to something else, so precious and fragile that they didn't dare to acknowledge it outloud in the midst of the war. The scene just before the battle was just SO GOOD and BEAUTIFUL ! I think I'm in love with this story to be honest

I was so impressed (and relieved because duh!) when I saw how you avoid all the issues and dangers of the Horcruxes in a believable way (it was super clever !). I knew Peter had the diary as soon as you said he was always writing but I was still hoping for one of the guys to figure out someting wasn't right. They didn't but it's impossible to blame them too much for it because it was stressful for everyone: they were snappy and rude and angry with each other. The bag was a great idea, as was Remus' to put the Horcruxes in the bag. The Golden Trio should have done the same. It would have avoid the whole debacle with the locket and Ron (poor Ron !).

Can I just say that the moment when the diadem showed James the dead Lily and what we know to be the truth was horrible but great, un coup de génie, vraiment ! (sorry, I don't really know how to say that in English :/ but it means that it was really really clever and amazing ).

And I'm glad Snape's dead. Really. He's a character I can't stand because I feel like what he did was not redeemable. Yes he was a spy and in love with Lily (that's quite creepy actually. It's been more than a decade. Shouldn't he have moved on ?) but he was still a bully who spend his time making the lives of his students a living hell. Neville's GREATEST FEAR was Snape. It's horrible. So yeah, I'm glad he's dead

Sorry, that was a bit long but I just intended to tell you that I loved your story. It escalated quickly from there :p

Thanks again for this amazing story and for sharing it with us !

Cécile
RoboTitaness chapter 14 . 9/9/2016
One of the most intriguing, unique, well-written pieces I've ever read. Glad I stumbled across it!
Guest chapter 14 . 8/2/2016
Simply amazing, loved every bit of it, it's a total shame the number of reviews here, it should have hundreds more but do know that you are an incredible writer and this is marvellous.

Thank you the focus on Remus sometime, absolutely love him!
Bambi2900 chapter 14 . 7/30/2016
Just discovered this amazing story and devoured it in two? three? days. I've spent the past two chapters with tears streaming down my face but it was so completely worth it! I loved how you managed to get our heroes to find all the horcruxes in a believable way without just rehashing Harry, Ron and Hermione's experiences in the books; especially with Peter killing Nagini with the basilisk fang - it would have been good enough for me since that act saved my favourite HP character of all, let alone the fact that she was (probably) a horcrux yet they didn't even realise it!
KaiaRenkin chapter 14 . 12/31/2015
Are you going to do a sequel please this is a awesome story you should do a sequel XD!
ChristineBH chapter 14 . 12/19/2015
It was so angsty but I loved it and the end with what I assume is Harry's christening was so cute
Guest chapter 6 . 10/8/2015
James and Sirius were both the ring leaders as minerva told us in poa.
I agree that Remus would probably be the most cautious marauder but it would be nice to see the others coming up with solutions from time to time. James and Sirius figured out, that Remus was a werewolf, how they could help him and became together with Peter probably the youngest animagi in history, without the help of a mentor. All four created the marauders map, which is as jkr confirmed very advanced magic. They also created the two way mirrors and possible the penknife Sirius gave to Harry seeing as there don't seem to be more of those in the magical world.
And why wouldn't Remus trust his friends with this one information. The marauders were a team, they probably would agree to wait until they had all hocruxes before using fiendfyre or going to dd. They aren't the fifthteen year old boys from swm, they were at that age willing to join the Order. James and Lily escaped Voldemort three times after leaving hogwarts and before Lily got pregnant - she had Harry when she was twenty. I think that speaks for itself.
They all were gifted and quite intelligent. Sirius plan to switch secret keepers mirrors moodys and Dumbledores logic about Voldemort going after the strong wizards (important soul containers). Sirius was insanly brave and clever. Peter fouled his best friends and the whole order and blew up a street - he was the WEAKEST of the marauders. Please give them more credit :-(
Guest chapter 2 . 10/8/2015
While I do like reading about Peter being good at something and a keyplayer in the marauders plans, I think you might have overpowered Remus a bit. Wandless magic is a bit much, isn't it? We don't even see Harry or Hermione performing it and both are rather powerful for their age (the age the mwpp have here as well) The only wandless magic they should be capable at is their animagus transformation.
Besides seeing as this is their last year, they would not be that naïve about the war. Jkr mentioned that they focused on it in their last year plus they have Junior death eaters groups in their year as well as Regulus who would have joined the de in Sirius last year at school.
ananas42 chapter 14 . 5/31/2015
This was a very creative story! You did a great job incorporating the Marauders into Harry's story and I really enjoyed it. Love Voldemorts end- proper fitting.
MrsH chapter 14 . 4/16/2015
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful AU story! I think this may be my favorite story set in this time period. Very well written, without the grammar or word use errors that plague so much fanfiction, and a fast-paced plot that kept me riveted to each page.

I am glad I found the story when it was complete, so I could read it in a single sitting - I would have been way too impatient to wait for it as a work in progress!

Again, thank you for sharing your talent! Much appreciated.
shimotsuki11 chapter 14 . 4/13/2015
Lovely ending! I'm sorry about Snape (and Podmore, and Emmeline), but so glad that Peter found his own courage and took a different path.

It's a very nice idea to end with Harry. It's a different world - and a better one - he's been born into, this time.
Glove23 chapter 14 . 4/12/2015
I screamed whe Sirius fell. I screamed when James joined the fray against Voldy. I screamed when Lily came up behind him. I cried when I thought Sirius was to die. I smiled and laughed through the rest and it's just brilliant I love this story.
AnoGal chapter 14 . 4/12/2015
Wow, that was an emotional story, to say the least! I had tears in my eyes when Sirius almost died! I absolutely loved the story, and although I am of course sad about all the people who died, I am so happy that you let the marauders and lily live with a semi-happily ever after. And that Wormtail finally became courageous, yay!
All in all definitely worth reading again at some point!
Princess Leasha chapter 14 . 4/11/2015
Okay so first of all: FINALLY! I have been waiting for this chapter for a million years!

I don't know what my ffavourite bits ar, because I loved all of it. But I was a little concerned when Sirius was kinda dying... I know that you wouldn't kill him but I was still scared!
Also I like that peter caught the bouquet (even though I still hate him)
And Sirius and remus are just down right adorable. All. The. Time.

Thanks for finally finishing this chapter!
Miss Anonymous hp chapter 14 . 4/11/2015
Gah! This is still one of my alltime favorite fics. I love it. You are just an amazing writer, and I want you to know that I have immensely enjoyed going on this journey with you. Thank you for writing this.