Reviews for Surrender
Guest chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
This broke my heart.

At least I now know how to spell the German wird for 'shit'. My cousin taught me the verbal form when I was 8 years old...

He was playing videogames.

He was 13.
PheonixHeartbeat chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
its refreshing to see (or read in this case) the nasty, dark side of Germany. With mention of his "boss". It wasnt over the top mushy like so many GerIta fics are. Glad im not the only one writing them this way! Good job! I also liked to see Italy take charge for once! Write more! lol I also liked your use of German and Italian words! And it did kinda make me tear up alittle :)
neitherbirdnortree chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
I know I can't give the best review for this fic, but I just want to share my thoughts.

The way you applied history on this... is amazing. It was nice to see a change of scenery from time to time. True, there were GerIta moments, but there's no tint of that happy-go-lucky North Italy that we know. I was actually looking for some of these. Thank you, dear. Great job.
Altair718 chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
Damn Val. Just damn. Why ya gotta make a sister cry? :-( i mean it was good, but jeeez...

Also, there were a few grammer errors in the opening paragraph.
Fall Out of Reality chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
ah Val. that was so sad ;_;. i almost cried when italy started to cry. but i loved it. and it's funny that you write this when i just got done learning about WWII in my US History class. xD
gaara'sGurl101 chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
so sad tears
True Colours chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
Ouch, ouch, ouch.

It makes a change - not a nice one but a good one - to see a nasty streak in Germany for once. The image you painted of him right at the beginning, working with a polishing rag between his teeth, was perfect - brilliantly in character. The mix of all the angst and hatred and the occasional little touches of tenderness was very good. And I believed in your suddenly-grown-up Italy. The way he always claims to be Germany's friend in canon but always relies on him gets on my nerves after a bit, and I always hope to see scenes where he comes through and takes responsibility - even if this means going against Germany, rather than for him. The way you conveyed Italy feeling his people's pain was also very powerful.

Perhaps the best part (apart from Germany polishing at the beginning, which was awesome) was when Germany said that Italy was still the same and invited him back to join him again. It underlined that weakness of Italy that I mentioned before, which has now gone, and showed that cruel streak in Germany. It also helped to make Italy's growing up believable, because he isn't all heroic, he still falls and cries and appears weak, but he now has strength where it counts, the strength to say get out.

Oh yeah, and 'the masculine nature of his musk.' Sexy.

True
Red chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
Oh my God, this was amazing... You write so good! It's beautiful. Love it so much, and the characters were very IC indeed. I get really sick of cheerful Italy at times. XD XD

Thank you so much for writing this piece of awesome.
A Bleach-Drinking Hetalian chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
; 3;

This made me cry. That never, EVER, happens. Even when scary movies get even scarier. No, this made me cry because of it's utter amazingness. Germany and Italy are IC, which seems to be ggetting more difficult.. The angst was just enough, not overpowering. It's sad that Italy would have to discover it, but he would've eventually..

DKGBVFALYGFYLGLYDGSHFGHLSF!

This fic made me remember why I love GerIta. :'3

So stay awesome! Qw Q
heartsvilleMonarch chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
You actually made me cry. I hope you're happy! D: It was kind of beautiul in a really sad way... a very good fic.