Reviews for Not Yours
IcyWaters chapter 5 . 2/17/2014
It's a shame this has seemingly been abandoned with no updates during the past two years. You have a strong plot and solid characterizations, in addition to a clean, easy to read writing style. I admit I came into this nearly fandom blind. I only recently discovered the show (and haven't seen any Jason episodes yet), but it's captured my imagination enough to seek out fan fiction for it.

I like how you let the plot build by throwing us into a scene with the guys in action. Burns seemed like a sleazy villain at first, but now I'm wondering if perhaps he's not as evil as he's made out to be. When it's revealed Emma's, er, man recently lost his bride-to-be, my suspicious mind can't help but wonder if he might be the real killer. Sure hope she's not in danger.

Speaking of Emma, I like her. Learning she's a prostitute adds more weight to Jason's inner thoughts in the first chapter. His sister would be a prime target for a man like Burns... very scary. No wonder he wanted to kill him.

I'm still curious how the actress in the summary figures into all this. Stranger things have happened, so I hope you will find the inspiration to finish this story one day.
BrilliantDarkness chapter 5 . 1/20/2013
I kind of like Emma...there were not many ways in that time for a woman to control her own destiny. I really hope the muse or inspiration strikes you to write more on this at some point. I would eagerly await the rest of the that you have me completely sucked in.-J
BrilliantDarkness chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
This chapter wasn't was painted. With a master's brush, I might add. The descriptions...the level of detail...the depth of the characterization. So rich and textured. Brilliant!-J
BrilliantDarkness chapter 3 . 1/20/2013
Still doing such a good job of dragging me into this...the internal monologue and self-introspection coupled with the developing's just compelling.-J
BrilliantDarkness chapter 2 . 1/15/2013
Still completely drawn into this tale. I loved the dialogue between Josh and Jason. So natural. That's a gift right there to write such easy and natural dialogue.-J
BrilliantDarkness chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
I really like this so far. I admit to being unfamiliar with some particulars. The show aired a while before I was born and I only recently discovered it and was only able to scrounge up the first season at the library. That is neither here nor there though. I could see this clearly playing out as if I was watching it. I look forward to reading the rest of this as well. Very, very good.-J
Guest chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Well...I am impressed with the way you put words together. Very vivid and wonderful graphic images.

Careful of anachronisms espicially the college student tone of conversation.

Although honestly I dont know how I would make words between characters who are forced to examine themselves in a life and death situation beyond the grunts you would expect from cowboys back then.

All in all...I liked this very much.
CheshirelCatt chapter 3 . 2/21/2011
Whoo Hoo! There ya go - getting you back into the swing of things...

Keep it coming! :)
lorilee66 chapter 2 . 1/29/2011
I can just see Josh talking to the waitress (sigh). I love that never say die attitude
lorilee66 chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
you have the characters mannerisms and speech patterns down pat. Can't wait for more!
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Intriguing and gritty moment. I liked that you included Jason, and its great to see some WDoA fic finally popping up on here..I was beginning to think I was the only fan!
CheshirelCatt chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
I'm liking it even if I don't remember the show it was based off too well. It is wrong that I am wanting Burns to get away? I know sick-o right? I can't help it if I watched the first five minutes of Child's Play again this morning... :)