Reviews for The Slouching Politician
Watson's Bullpup chapter 2 . 2/6/2012
Fairies at the bottom of the garden. :)

Really classy little ACD reference, that.
basaltone chapter 3 . 8/19/2011
This is a great story, I loved the Sherlock miniseries and was so disappointed that there were only 3 episodes (at least here in the states). Excellent writing as usual
joniskpelare chapter 3 . 7/17/2011
It is not unlikely. Sherlock is right when he says there is more money in the beautyindustry than in healthcare.
allofmyheart chapter 3 . 5/26/2011
I *loved* this story and could totally see and hear the TV actors in it! I really like the style, too. I don't know the original story, but I hope you'll write more Sherlock fic!
221b Baker Street chapter 3 . 2/5/2011
AnJL, You are a brat.

It took me awhile to jump onto the Big Bang Bandwagon, as I am a rather stubborn sort, but loyal. An obsession is an obsession, after all. But jump I did, at my son's insistence, and the whole family is now hooked, line and sunk, as I am now, and have always been, queen of the science geeks, and have passed those genes on as nature intended.

But this? I am a Holmes purist, (as my nick implies) so when you had jumped to writing THIS, I refused on an even larger scale. No way. Never. Over Doyle's dead body. But it was always there, niggling in the back of my mind. AnJL is writing this, therefore AnJL is watching this, therefore it must be good. So, one day, I watched.

Damn, but you are a brat.

I love this show, perhaps even more than the Jeremy Brett series (which is saying something) but three episodes? Honestly. And now, darling Freeman heading to middle-earth (brilliant casting BTW) and we may not see another for a very long time, and so, we wait in delicious agony, for the hound and the woman.

But, my original supposition remains.

You are a brat.

Love always,

Baker street

PS Write a damn book.
grannysknitting chapter 3 . 2/4/2011
wow - this is a fantastic re-write of a conan doyle classic. you wove modern and old together in a seemless cloth and entertained us while you did it. thank you for sharing your talent with us!
FoxSparrow33 chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
I enjoyed this story thoroughly, especially at the very end. Wonderful job!
I-don't-have-it-with-me chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
You're right-this story fits surprisingly well in a modern context. I really enjoyed reading it! The characterization was very well-done, and I enjoyed the analogy at the end!

Good job!
Trbl chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
Wow.

So beautifully crafted...I could see every scene in my mind's eye. 2 favorite parts: John Watson taking over when the dog attacks...and "his masters voice" and what follows.

Amazing.
weezerz2490 chapter 2 . 1/31/2011
lol "Johnny"? that was hilarious! XD
weezerz2490 chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
this is very well done
Sajaat chapter 2 . 1/26/2011
This is fantastic. They're both so beautifully in character. I particularly enjoyed John's response to the clinic and the facial. Also like how you've given the dog a character - I have a very clear image of him in my head!

Can't wait to read the next installment, it's lovely to read more of your work.
Trbl chapter 2 . 1/24/2011
It's so rare to read fic(x) that can go from scary/tense to silly/light in a couple of lines, but you do it and do it well.

Love the bit about underestimating John, and the whole end where he's "blissed-out".

And the distinction between the "Doctor" worrying not because he doesn't know what's wrong, but because he *does*.

Fabulous, as always.
Trbl chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
...sitting on the edge of my seat.

You've captured Holmes and Watson well.

More soon, please!

BTW...love the dog ;)
Midge1811 chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Oh this is fun! Please keep going.