Reviews for Breathless
I... I don't really know what to say. It's three am and I'm just now realizing that because of how enthralled I was in this beautiful story. It was well written, I enjoyed how in character it was, it wasn't even like reading a story at times. You did what only a few people can so sucessfully do. You made me do more than read words on my phone, you made me feel the emotions. Whatever England was feeling that's how I felt. Worry, curriosity, suspense. You made me envision what the words were telling me. Not just take them in dully. I can't praise this beautiful story enough. I have slightly mixed feelings on the shipping aspect, part of me wanted a bit more of the sappy stuff but honestly it wasn't even needed. You made them develop so well that as much as I wanted that hug there or that kiss at the end, it didn't quite fit. I will deffinitly be returning later to read the sequel, I can't wait for it. I really really did love this story. I have a thing for angst and you excecuted it well. You made it clear without it becoming overbearing or smudging the characters. I'm tired and these compliments probably sound really dumb, but oh well. I guess i'll leave it at you're an amazing wuthor and this is a beautiful story. Wonderful job! I knpw this is old so I hope you read this simply because I want you to know that you created something to be proud of. Again, great job. And thank you
Sky2high101 chapter 4 . 4/24
ugh i love it orz I actually have a friend who went through almost the exact same thing. Makes me wonder if you do too. All of the freak out moments he has, all of the reactions arthur has. you hit it spot on. The story itself didn't make me cry but the feelings you were able to bring back did. This is amazingly written and deserves all the favorites and follows that it gets. About to start Static now and really looking forward to it :) Thanks for a story that shows there are other people that know the struggles too :)
llll chapter 4 . 3/22
Clichegeek16 chapter 4 . 3/6
I do not know if this is the end but it was a great story and I hope for a continuation! I quite enjoyed the wording, though it was hard to follow at points you had amazing cliffhangers and also very well planned out plots! Well done
Is it over?
PensPencils chapter 1 . 12/17/2015
I guess it wasn't a good idea to hear The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work at the same time. This was absolutely beautiful. All the subtlety that Arthur conveyed at falling in love with Alfred was truly magnificent. Thank you so much for writing this. I'll most likely return to read this in a year or so because it was so lovely.
NotCaptainAmeric chapter 4 . 12/13/2015
Wow. Simply, wow. This was really emotional, which was probably your intent. Thank you for writing this
AnnoyingGhost chapter 4 . 12/2/2015
This was absolutely beautiful, the way you wrote it and how you managed to keep them in character was amazing
R chapter 1 . 10/13/2015
You have me hooked
TickingHellZzz chapter 4 . 10/7/2015
God, this has been an interesting journey.
I love this!
zoewinter1 chapter 4 . 8/24/2015
Hey there! I seriously enjoyed this fanfiction and everything in it. The thing is is that I run a fanfiction review blog on tumblr (hetalia-fanfiction-archive . tumblr . com) I posted my full review and rating there if you're interested. If not just know that I seriously loved this fanfiction! thank you in advance if you do check out the blog.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/9/2015
Honestly this is the best hetalia fanfiction I've read. It might actually be the best fanfiction I've ever read. Your story is so realistic and you captured the characters so well. Usually people like to jump to romace and all that comes with it and its my least favorite part about fanfiction. That and they make characters so flat, but you managed to dig deeper and it gives them life. I loved this and you have talent.
Mydriedtears chapter 4 . 7/23/2015
hello there! :D I'm a little bit late on the party, just entering hetalia fandom damn! _
I'm here to let you know that you have make me log in at and write my first comment in this site after so long reading silently.
Because I need to confess my undying love for this story! and certainly this is deserve more than bookmarks! :DDD
I'm not usually into this kind story, I'm usually more into hystorical or mature story with major UST and UKUS, yep UKUS. But Breathless literary make me breathless
I mean, your idea is catchy since the beginning. Who would've thought a golden boy would ever want to kill himself?
There's another story about suicide, teenage depression etc but seriously I prefer this more than any other I ever read.
Usually the reason behind suicide in other story would be very dramatic, but you make the reason here simple but realistic. I love the idea of suicide as a brief mistake, stupidity and everyone could fall in it. Yet you describe the process of recovery is really hard to do. poor alfred.
And damn! I totally in love with your Arthur. Isn't he sweet? such a sharp tounged cynic with a honest words. I'm so used reading Arthur as a poor-sexually frustated-cranky-repressed-bastard that it surprise me I love this softer version of Arthur too.
And Alfred is always my endearing boy whenever he is lol. And their relationship is really beautiful. mostly another stories would immediately jumped to romance, but their developement as stranger to friend to blossoming love is slow and very intimate. And very pure too. The ending scene! I'm definitely swooning and got nervous and etc while I read that.
'because your eyes are different since the beginning' awwww Alfreed! endearing bastard!
It is very lovely. Not really happy ending (which is really good), but it's hopefull and implying their growing feeling :333
But mostly I like it because it's kinda inspiring. Not everyone ever thinking about suicide, but well, we are all have insecurities. And sadly in real life it's hard to find our own Arthur. (Alfred is lucky sonofbitch). But well, it make me wanna fight off my insecurity, coz no one really can fix you but yourself
that's enough, I'm done rambling and confessing my love for yo *laugh :DD
I read static and love it! and hopefully you can finish that story! tengkyu-
feelsfeels chapter 4 . 7/5/2015
this was such a perfect story ugh the feels
PicklePeaches chapter 4 . 6/21/2015
Someone recommended Static to me and I thought I'd give it a go, and hence to this fiction first. This was really great, there's so much emotion written into it. You're a very good writer and I really enjoyed reading this fic, I'm sure I will enjoy Static too, I'm very much looking forward to reading it.

Thanks for writing this,