Reviews for Quoth the Raven, Nevermore
Specky Clarke chapter 30 . 1/16
I feel that a lot of readers are bogged down with what could be termed 'the real world' and its myths etc. This is FICTION and as such, ANYTHING can happen in a story, provided the author applies some logic, all that is required is for the reader to allow imagination and free thinking to enjoy the story as is, not nitpick. Your portrayal of Harry and The Morrigan is excellently told, I love it.
Specky Clarke chapter 29 . 1/16
I am enjoying this great story. You say this chapter is long? I feel that in general your chapters are quite short.
long.star14 chapter 2 . 1/6
one of my favorite books when I was younger was about the ravins and there keepers
bujian chapter 27 . 12/31/2019
I quite enjoyed Harry's reveal to Hermione. It has always amused me that some reviewers expected a huge row here, which makes no sense. Harry's identity was a state secret, it is explicitly stated that it was a royal decree. While Hermione is understandably hurt by the deception, she has been surrounded and taught by soldiers for years, she understands the importance of orders and secrets.
bujian chapter 26 . 12/31/2019
I Love this story, and have read it several times. The characters and story are very enjoyable and fun. Though every time I read through the story it there is one huge inconsistency in this chapter that drives me nuts.

John/Harry has been doing two years of Hogwarts studies per year, finishing fourth year studies before the beginning of third year, then for no apparent reason his fifth year equivalent studies take him until Christmas of fourth year. Why does OWL year studies take him three times as long as any other year?

The pacing for this seems very off. This situation is worsened because there is no in-story explanation for this situation, and they simply seemed pleased at John/Harry's progress. It really feels like that since you glossed over Hogwarts' third year, you treated it as if that time didn't even happen for John/Harry.

I wish this state of affairs was clarified in the story. As it is not, I fill in my own personal reasoning In my mind John/Harry completed his O-levels and A-levels in this time, and upped the tempo of his military training. This neatly explains the timeline, though the priorities here seem still seem a little weird.

Was this an error in pacing John/Harry's early magic studies, was third year an accidental lost year, or did you have some other reasoning for this situation?
Gina chapter 30 . 12/1/2019
Your research (I checked some of it) adds a touch of realism that is very enjoyable!
envirosue chapter 47 . 11/30/2019
Thank you for this story. Your old ways was gripping. I appreciate the time and effort to write this.
envirosue chapter 9 . 11/29/2019
I actually teared up at this chapter. Well done
reddir chapter 47 . 11/20/2019
I just finished reading.

It was a fun read. I especially liked the earliest chapters as they felt more personal and character-focused.
Quetzalcoatl DK chapter 47 . 11/19/2019
Thank you, for this very delightful story. It made an otherwise boring day into a day of good reading.

I wish good fortune to the author and a peaceful rest to the ones no longer with us
reddir chapter 7 . 11/19/2019
I thought the wards were just another fitting aspect of the Tower when they were brought up and mentioned several times.

Now I am realizing they are a great defense from Dumbledore’s machinations. That knock on the door had me frightened, thinking it was Dumbledore here to obliviate everyone and take HP back to the Dursleys.

Nicely done. The writing was natural and I never caught on until now.
mday chapter 47 . 11/11/2019
I have started this story many times over the years and never finished it. I decided last week that I would go through my "to read" list and decided to give it one more chance. I really can't figure out why I never finished it before!

It's a delightful read and I loved the Harry and Hermione's relationship, Harry's relationship with the ravens.

thank you for sharing.
thebetawholived chapter 10 . 11/7/2019
As I recall, the proper address for a duke is "His Grace." I think it would have been worse for dear Vernon if his visitors used that form of address rather than merely "Lord."
Freddie Rindklip chapter 30 . 11/1/2019
The goddess is your fictional creation. If people don't like it... Well, there are other stories to read.
Freddie Rindklip chapter 24 . 11/1/2019
I like the cameo Luna had.
4,976 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »