Reviews for Quoth the Raven, Nevermore
Sifo-Dyas chapter 41 . 5/31/2021
even tho I don't agree somethings. But I love this story so much
Sifo-Dyas chapter 24 . 5/31/2021
I dislike cliche of Luna knowing everything. It is cringy and way overused.
Sifo-Dyas chapter 12 . 5/31/2021
I hate the name Hardian because it's not related to Harry. also it was a name of a Roman Emperor Caesar Traianus Hadrianus
Spade Zi chapter 1 . 5/29/2021
Just a Spade casually dropping by
Bele chapter 47 . 5/22/2021
This is a reread, time well spent. I hope you are well, thank you very much for this wonderful story!
Kai chapter 28 . 5/14/2021
What a lying arsehole! When I read the books I didn't realise it, I'm not an observant reader. But after thousands of fanfics?

Harry wouldn't have needed protection against any fame if Dumbledore just had kept his senile manipulative gob shut.

But look at the timeline! The attack on the Potters' took place on Hallowe'en late in the evening. IIRC there were still children out and about for tricks or treats, but it was already dark.

The next morning Vernon heard stupid purebloods violating the Statute of Secrecy in the streets.

There is only one major news outlet in Wizarding Britain. But even a magical newspaper doesn't fall from the sky, it has to be printed and distributed before people can read it. And that takes time.

As soon as the alarm that Dumbledore must have monitored sounded he must've sent Hagrid to Godric's Hollow and run to the Daily Prophet himself, getting them to stop the presses for the news of the decade.

He did NOT know what had happened. But it was HIS information that made Harry famous. His INVENTED information. The information he needed the wizarding public to believe for his plans.

Senile goat-molester!

I can read and enjoy Good!Dumbledore stories. But in canon he's not and he deserves the treatment in conspiracy fanfics.
Mastersgtjames chapter 46 . 5/12/2021
Pretty sure Voldie's attack on the Tower there would qualify as the Wizengamot not doing as ordered by the Crown... So that Treaty should not be void.
Mastersgtjames chapter 31 . 5/12/2021
kinda annoyed that MC is not mentioning his other Titles, his earldoms or his Barony. I get that the Duke title supercedes them, but still.
Mastersgtjames chapter 26 . 5/12/2021
It always reads as off when they do not use one of Voldie's Horcruxes to attack, track, or kill him. I mean, it is a part of his soul. Still connected to him, since he can use it to not die. So it has to be possible.
Bummed MC has not heard anything about Tonks. Hope she does not end up with Moony. That relationship has always been fishy. Reeks of love potion nonsense what with Remus being more than twice her age.
Hope MC and Hermione get engaged or something.
Honestly kinda feels like MC's education/studies are going too slow. I mean, Sure he is up to fifth, maybe sixth year now... but that is after year round lessons, since he was 10. I get his other studies might slow it down, but dang.
Bummed we have no idea what he is being taught. Is it just the Hogwarts Curriculum? Is he being taught Dark Arts as well, so he can know/defend against them? Alchemy? Rituals? Enchantment, Mind arts, etc...?
Mastersgtjames chapter 21 . 5/12/2021
Can't help feeling bad that Hermione is likely going to be falling behind her non-magical education and her exercise. While also learning bad habits at Hogwarts(such as being dependent on wands) and dealing with Hogwarts sub-par education. Always bummed when MC does not get/study the philosopher's stone or figure out his own means of longevity. Same with MC not figuring out he is a metamorph(when/if he is, since he hair is never cut and when it was it grew back)
Mastersgtjames chapter 20 . 5/12/2021
seems pretty forced for Hermione to still go to Hogwarts. Like, there is no good reason for it. She could easily be brought in on the secret with Harry. Or just trained with him. Never mind the Dangers at Hogwarts.
I notice Sirius Black has not been mentioned since it was found he was innocent, but still in prison. So not sure where the story will go next...
Mastersgtjames chapter 19 . 5/12/2021
Based on Olivanders words, I would think it should be Wands for fine-control, Staffs for handling Power and Control, then after Staffs it should be wandless.
Not sure about MC not having a Wand, or using his Staff as a Wand. Since if that were possible, why not do that for everyone way back when. Since it would make the introduction of Wands(not Staffs) even more strange.
Anyways, hope MC advances to the level of Wandless Magic. Also hope he learns the Mind Magics.
Mastersgtjames chapter 16 . 5/12/2021
I get the feeling, MC cannot tell Hermione who he is till he is 15, due to it being forced out by the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Which is SUPER annoying. Since no story should EVER have the Tri-Wiz actually happen as in canon if the MC is even remotely intelligent. Like, for instance. You cannot be entered into ANY Magically Binding Contract against your will, without your knowledge, or by "tricking" the contract. If that was actually a possible thing then EVERYONE would do it. People would be using contracts to rob each other, enslave each other, to kill each other. Basically, the ONLY way it can happen as in canon is for the MC to be unintelligent and/or uninterested in contesting an obvious lie. OR for him to accept the contract for some other reason, like being bait, or being made legally an adult, or what have you. But NOT because he is FORCED to.
Mastersgtjames chapter 15 . 5/12/2021
always flip-flop between being bummed that a good story is not rated M for when MC gets older. Like MC and Hermione being intimate with each other later on. But then those stories tend to focus too much on sex and whatnot. Hence the Flip-Flopping feeling of wanting something but also being happy for not getting it.
Mastersgtjames chapter 13 . 5/12/2021
So MC was not taught any magic by Merlin? Bummer, cuz I'm pretty sure the education at Hogwarts will be lacking.
Hope the next chapter or so will show Sirius having been freed or something. Would be bad if he just got ignored when people know he is innocent and are not forced to play along with dumbledore...
5,241 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »