Reviews for Swan Song
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
This was so good! So suitably angsty it's just...great. The lock picking and the injury...I never would have thought of that. It was gory, but it wasn't gaudy, very nicely done. The sort of bitter, sarcastic, and defeated humour in the end, especially between Aerrow and Stork...the goodbyes...perfection. The sacrificial element, the fact that Aerrow and Radarr are never separated, even in death...astounding. I loved this very much.
SerenePhenix chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
I always wondered if someone would continue that one. Seems like you did D
I like it, although I find it sad that it ends in such a tragic way (with what the title is suggesting).
Starskulls chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
wow what a good start, please continue this! does Aerrow find Radarr?
Tuli-Susi chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Oh my god, I nearly cried! bone... My Cognition professor told us about a film 127 hours or something about a hiker who gets trapped and their only hope of escape is to cut off their leg, which is trapped by a boulder, so they use the boulder to break their leg and cut through the rest with their knife. he then told us that the majority of people would do the same thing. just like and animal in a trap, we would do anything to survive. it makes this scenario a little more plausible, and a little more sickening...

On a (slightly) happier note, thanks for explaining what Swan Song means! I'd heard the term, but didn't know what it was.
SassyGirl104 chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
ok wow that was so beautifully sad it made me cry... A truely amazing story..
CowardlyMindworm chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
It’s nice to see you diverging some more in your writing in this last while, and even though I’ve never read Promise, I found this enjoyable. The part about the bone was cringe-worthy, though in reality I’m not sure how possible it’d be, considering the pain? But Aerrow’s an excellent liar here, and I loved the interaction with Stork as well, not to mention the title.
Aerrow4Ever chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
After reading this oneshot I went and read "Promise" like you suggested, and I have to say your more dark and detailed version caught me much more than the original. I actually love the way you put lots of silences and didn't explain things until later, really awesome!

Keep on writing,

!~A4E~!
Tawnyfur chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
OK . . . please pardon my WAILS OF DESPAIR! Dammit, Aerrow! First you use your own (literally) bloody rib to pick the prison cell's lock, then you go and be your big heroic self! CANNOT. HANDLE.

This was very tragic and moving. I liked the interaction between Stork and Aerrow; it's something we don't see very often, really. Nicely done, Whisper.
Summing up the Stars chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I think you did really well!

/"Stork? Stork, you'll make sure they don't come back here looking for me." It was a demand.

"Yeah, man," Stork agreed. He still couldn't force himself to walk away from the boy. "I wish I could trade places with you."

"I'm glad you can't. Who'd drive the Condor?"/

I *really* liked the above part for some reason... :)
ShubbaBANG chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
This is soooooo sad.

I love it.

I love how you can write a wide range of story genres, you do so well with all of them.
Minn chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
The search feature was down so I couldn't find Promise, but HOLY FISH BISCUITS that was awesome. It's always a little weird reading SH fics that are realistic, because the show itself kind of... isn't. lol! But it's also fantastically refreshing! I love it when the war they're fighting is made out to be an actual war... with death, sacrifices, and BLOOD. (Seriously, a whole series and no one gets a serious injury (besides Five Days) What's up with that?)

Very sad and very good. I love your writing style, and as soon as Fanfiction let's me, I'm going to search for Promise again.