Reviews for The Long Way Home
Kiintastic chapter 39 . 3/19
I've had this story at my "to read" list for far to long, so I decided to grab the bull by the horns and read it already.
I cried, I laughed, i cried and laughed at the same time, I felt pain and relief, happiness and frustration and I felt that first love feeling that's just indescribable but still you did that so well!
This was an amazing, heartbreaking and heartwarming story and I'm so sad it's over. I barely even realized that I've read through it all!
I'm left with the "what now?"-feeling that you get every time you finish a good book or series.

The only thing I really wonder about that bugs me is Mrs Clearwater. What's up with her being so nice to Alice when they came over to them in the middle of the night?

Well, this story made me want to watch Band Of Brothers again just for the historical part, so I guess I'll do that! Thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us! It was absolutely amazing!
xtx chapter 25 . 7/23/2016
This was definitely hard to read I couldn't imagine writing this chapter. I can imagine this is what my great grandma would of acted like if my great granddad didn't come home from fighting ww2
Guest chapter 10 . 7/20/2016
You are simply the best fan fiction writer I love this story so much thanks for writing it
magmom4 chapter 39 . 4/1/2016
Great story. Thank you for not letting them die.
Awestruck57 chapter 39 . 12/27/2015
If you aren't making a living as a writer, you should be!
PAT2024 chapter 39 . 10/6/2015
What can I Say ? I am speechless: this story is by far one of the best I have read so far (and I have read quite a lot). I am so happy I found it. There are so many emotions and such beautiful loves described here. I have cried, I have laughed.! I love all the letters they have exchanged, they are so beautifully written, you are really talented. Thank you also for all the historical references, they made the whole story so much more profound and realistic. I just don't understand how come you don't have more "reviews" and more "favourite". I loved The Last Breath, but I think this "Jasper/Alice" love story even surpasses it.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR TALENT. Please don't stop writing.
Rebadams7 chapter 13 . 9/9/2015
Just a quick note here seven in my signature is for just a quick note here the seven in my signature is for April April 7.
This story has me in tears. Hopeful tears
Rebadams7
Guest chapter 39 . 3/20/2015
This was a terrific story! Thanks for sharing with us enjoyed both!
Emmaline3 chapter 39 . 1/13/2015
Fabulous story! Although I was just a kid back then, I remember the NewsReels in every theater describing much of the war and the 'war movies' that glamourized it along with the horrors. The music was gloriously romantic. Only wish the patriotism of that era could be experienced today...shamefull how our military is treated now and the lack of support and pride for our country is sadly lacking.
Good job and thank you so much for a fascinating read.
sheilagilger chapter 16 . 6/25/2013
Lovely writing about such a uncertain future. Did you have a picture of Alice's house. I missed it and wondered what it would look like. Thank you for sharing your gift of writing.
sheilagilger chapter 2 . 6/24/2013
Loving it.
mlynd chapter 38 . 5/19/2013
WOW I really love these WW2 stories of yours
Gotham-Pixie chapter 39 . 3/25/2013
I LOVED THIS STORY. it's inspired me to continue writing a story I had given up on. and I know that I have no right to ask this, but I would love it if you would give me permission to use your idea (about the couple being separated and only having letters for comfort) in my own story, but to change it a little.
I have made a husband and wife meet a tragic end, with the husband getting taken, and the wife and family believing him dead. with your permission, I would like to make it so the husband (who is alive, but has been captured) writes letters for his wife, telling of the things that happens to him, and his love for her. and the wife (who is grieving) writes her husband letters about their son and how he grows each day.
and have it so he finally escapes and returns to her, and they give their letters to one another, and they find the comfort that can be brought, from a little letter.
GaysAndHipstersUnite chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
ooh looks interesting :)
Guest chapter 39 . 3/12/2013
Though this story is rather old, I wanted to thank you for one of the most beautiful reads I've had in a while. Your story was thoroughly and truly romantic and tender, and it brought tears to my ears more often than I can say. Stories like yours make me believe in true love. If this were a published book, I would have bought it already so I could hold it and re-read over and over.
1,038 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »