Reviews for Alphabet Soup
ABZB13 chapter 13 . 9/19
I REALLY like how you infuse a true NY character into the various characters and locales!

(Seriously, if they had someone like you writing the dialogue & overseeing the general design, I would have enjoyed Poke-NY a lot more than I did...)

If this fic was nothing more than a travelogue of the *real* Unova, that alone would make it excellent.

On a completely different note, I am getting vibes of the "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" for N - is that vibe intended? (I like it, it is as of now unclear if his characterization is intended to be at least in part from a mind like that, or if it entirely springs from his upbringing).
ABZB13 chapter 1 . 9/16
I appreciate your veneration of the best place (the AMNH), fellow New-Yorker.
Bumblebee Madness chapter 37 . 5/16
I had put off reading this, since 37 chapters was pretty daunting and I usually don't like Pokémon fanfics, I'm so so so glad I finished this. This was utter perfection to me. The characters were lovable (for the most part) and well developed throughout the story, especially the Bree, Bianca, and Cheren. The way you fleshed out the Soup verse was fluid and didn't break up the story. And the story was just hearts and love. Truly, this is the best Pokémon fanfiction I've read.
Bumblebee Madness chapter 36 . 5/16
Hoolyyyy fUCKing jesus that battle was savage. I usually don't like action scenes, but this was just captivating my every bit of attention.
Bumblebee Madness chapter 35 . 5/16
Asdfgjjk omg you're amazing and I love you but my mind is blown.

Also, I'm getting Death Note vibes from all these letter names.
Bumblebee Madness chapter 32 . 5/16
I almost want a Grimsley/Bree fic now :')
Bumblebee Madness chapter 22 . 5/16
Oh yayyy! I was hoping Bree would get a Litwick, since I love the Litwick line. I like your explanation of Litwick-radiation a lot. Really, I love all the headcanons in the Soup Verse :)
Mitsuki Shigamatsu chapter 10 . 2/2
Poor N... He has ZERO clue...
Guest chapter 11 . 11/2/2015
Holy crap. I love your Burgh, he's hilarious.
Starry is here don't freak out chapter 37 . 8/3/2015
"Within the next few months"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
TheSilverWolff chapter 37 . 7/7/2015
This was complete perfection. I have no other words.
NightFlowerLuv chapter 37 . 3/12/2015
Man, it sucks that all of this awesome headcanon-ing has been jossed now thanks to BW2. I'm really glad I read this story again after all these years...

I do have a few gripes, like about how in actuality no fictional hero is super awesome or anything anymore; if anything they're all super realistic and angsty and that's fine, but... I dunno. This is a good few years old now, so I guess I can excuse that stuff.

What DOES upset me is the constant talk about Mary-Sues. If your character is challenged by the narrative, in any way, they're not a Mary-Sue, and you don't have to defend them. And you don't have to call out Mary-Sues either; most people are just getting started when they make those. Wish fulfillment, you know? And this prejudice against self-inserts is dumb and needs to stop.

OTHER THAN THAT THOUGH OH MY GOSH THIS LIKE THE BEST REALISTIC POKEMON FIC LIKE FOR REAL

No but seriously this is like the epitome of a "taking Pokemon super seriously" fic; it's magnificent. Your thing about Liwicks is legit my headcanon because it makes sense. Thank you for writing this, it gave me a lot of inspiration as a kid.
son-of-heaven176 chapter 37 . 9/28/2014
Awesome story. You certainly knew how to take the Gen. V story and make it your own.
son-of-heaven176 chapter 34 . 9/28/2014
O_O

What. A. Sick. :$)#. Ghetsis. Is.

I knew that Ghetsis was evil, but you've really drawn out his inner demon. Good writing.
son-of-heaven176 chapter 31 . 9/28/2014
You should definitely be more confident in your writing skills. Certainly the SPaG could be greatly improved (as is the case in every chapter), but by no means does this chapter suck. You've obviously put a lot of thought into this story, and I cannot wait to see how it plays out.