Reviews for Call Out My Name
Vanechka chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
This is a very unique piece with a certainly intriguing style-I've never thought that one could have Humor/Hurt/Comfort-but there you go, you've done it!

The break from the usual tactician stories is very refreshing-I mean, we've all seen one too many of those trite OC-goes-on-an-adventure-with-Lyn-and-falls-in-love-with-someone stories, haven't we? Now a /bad/ tactician certainly takes a good twist; and the best part of the twist is, this isn't meant to mock Mary-Sue/Gary-Stus.

Great job, really.

Jeigan, yes, LOL. That infamous paladin has his name known throughout the FE fandom even though only a handful of us had actually played FE1.
Gunlord500 chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Haha, for a humor fic this wasn't half bad! I especially love the references...El Sallia? You a Langrisser fan? Awesome, we could always use more of those. Keep writing, my friend, I shall be keepin an eye on you. :D
Marius Sidorov chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
A very nice change of pace from the traditional tactician story - well done. This isn't something you see every day.

In the first portion I would suggest refraining from using the word "boy" all the time; once or twice is alright but the number of times you have it listed starts to become a bit irritating after a while.

The exchange with Oswin was nice as well. He isn't a character who is written often which is rather unfortunate. Oswin also does seem to be the type who would take an interest toward tactics; you've implemented that very well into your story.

Regarding the tactician's back story is something I still feel unsure about. The fact that he is called "Jeigan" (and that the term itself is used as an insult) was very clever, but in general the entire section seemed to be a bit too much of an info-dump. There were instances in which your tactician broke the fourth wall, and while this was also humorous it also seemed somewhat out of place. Other minor things I noticed included grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation - a quick run through the grammar and spell checker of a word processor would be a good idea.

I would once again like to say that I enjoyed this piece; I hope to see more fanfiction from you in the future.