Reviews for No Unwounded Soldiers
RichKids chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
This is one of the most beautiful pieces of writing that I have ever read.
Ink Stained Quill chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
I love how you wrote this in snippets rather than a continuous long descriptive story. It gave it a more punctuated feel to emphasize the disconnect that Alfred now feels with normality. Really increased the power behind the writing. Beautifully done :)

Ink
Illmerica chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
This was quite the emotional piece. I'm really glad you didn't stop after Alfred's dreams of killing Ludwig, the rest of the plot is just so gorgeous and emotion filled that it would have been a waste to leave it there. This story deserves so much more credit then it has.
Keep writing.
Karisa
HalfOfAPokeBall chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
I wish I could fave this a million times over, it is one of the most beautiful fanfictions I've ever read. I love it, it's brilliant, thank you. Bravo.
wolfeclipse25 chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
This was so sad but sweet and amazing. My favorite part was that you put Feliciano in the story at the end.
In The Mix chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
I'm totally crying right now. Seriously this was amazingly well written and very very interesting. Great job!
indigoshift13 chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
It's Beautiful.
2amBer chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Tears are dripping down my face. Seriously, I love you. This is amazing. I actually found this story on a tumbler or the best hetalia fan fictions of all time and now I understand why...
kukuki chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Wow. I cannot explain how amazing and wonderfully eloquent this story is. I thank you so much for writing this story, and I love how you portrayed everything so beautifully in character. I can only hope that you continue to write more stories to contribute to this fandom!
Written Fire chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
It hurt to read this, for I lost a soldier a couple months back...but you did a wonderful job with it.
AL0LT0 chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
... that was beautiful.

amazing.

wonderful.

perfect.

i wish it wasn't over.
Lyikael chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
"It's okay," Feliciano whispers in his ear. "Ludwig forgave you long ago and I forgive you now. It's time to forgive yourself." -And then I cried. More like bawled T-T Beautiful words put together, you made me emotional. This story is very emotional inducing.

Thank you for writing, you are a wonderful writer.
b4k4 ch4n chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Brilliant. The ending part with Feliciano choked me up, I could feel my eyes watering.

The before and aftermath of the war was shown clearly with Alfred. The reactions from his parents were heartbreaking to see but quite realistic. I'm just happy that Alfred had Matthew there to help him out. Best brother in the world :D

This entire fic was written beautifully but another one of my favourite part was with Ludwig and how he tried to save the photo from being smeared with blood. He's dying and his last thoughts were of Feliciano. *dabs tears away* Gosh, that was so heartbreaking too.

Again, excellent work. I really enjoyed this. You did a great job.
CrimsonAccent chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
God, this is beautiful, seriously.

I'm /so/ glad the ending wasn't a complete downer. Bittersweet-but with a bit of hope.

And of course we came full circle-Al is /finally/ ready to come home :)

Although I thought WW2 had the draft, so shouldn't Mattie have had to go on well? *shrugs* It doesn't break the flow of your story really, I was just wondering-it occurred to me as I was typing up the review after you blew my mind.

Like seriously, I'm a sucker for these type of fics. Anything involving war, or returning soldiers or such. Although I have friends going into the military, so I'm kind of scared for them :/ I guess I can relate.

Good use of page breaks.

Also, besides the end (and every single emotional high point and low point) my favorite scene might have been the third passage where "he's a real hero, with a real medal to prove it. Except he doesn't feel so heroic anymore". That whole scene, while small, really stuck a chord with me. It reminded me of "Hero of War" by Rise Against.

So, kudos I guess. You addressed the horrors of war, without bashing the soliders themselves. You have /no/ idea how much that pisses me off.

Clever how you added "war is hell" in German. I'll admit I had to use google translate for that one, but I guess it's obvious in hindsight, given the context. :)

Keep up the good work!
Choco-Loki chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Very touching, definitely depicts the harshness of war and the aftermath in a simple & contemplative style, which I adore. I love how understanding Feliciano is here~ Really enjoyed every bit!