Reviews for A Green Sun Illuminates the Void
Marczeg Szar chapter 24 . 2/21
What a gripping story!
It has been some time since I have been so captivated by a fanfiction that I just can't seem to stop reading even when at work; using every free second to just continue one more chapter. Even though my employer and my projects might disagree, I am terribly happy to have found such a story once again.
I've come from your Overlord/Zero crossover, and I can say that you're fantastic at taking a world and building your own story within. Though the world in this story here is less removed from the original material than the Overlord crossover.
Of course, I have to finish with the obligatory question whether there is a sequel to this story planned; it ends at such a great moment...
However, there is an overlap between the topics explored in the Overlord crossover and the ones Luise deals with here. Also, both stories seem to have reached a similar stage at the moment, with the Overlord-Louise taking a big step at the moment and breaking away from some of the issues plaguing her; this seems to be teased at in the last scene with her in this story as well.
What remains is to thank you for providing me with a few days of escape; in that sense, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Let Me BeLazy chapter 15 . 1/2
I hate Henrietta for this. She sent her “friend”, who didn't show any combat potential, be they magical or physical, by all means, a noble girl, to a battlefield where they are trying to overthrow the nobles and royalties. Even in this chapter, she only remembers Louise in the passing. Fuck you Henrietta.
Guest chapter 24 . 9/29/2023
lol fanfic writer padding the list of completed works by arbitrarily declaring whatever chapter it gets abandoned as the end point to their "novel" ;)
Gamma Cavy chapter 18 . 7/9/2022
This chapter just restored my faith in the current generation's potential to write actual verse. Real verse!
Also, I'm very interested in your story. I didn't think i was when I first read it, but since I keep coming back to it, I think that means I'm interested.
And you know the proper use of wherefore! Of verdigris! of any number of words that have been slowly fading out of the collective human mind since the advent of films drowned out well written books! Mind-image! So glorious!
... I guess this probably wasn't the most popular chapter, alliterative verse can be difficult reading- oh, but how I admire you for writing it, start to finish, and for how the shifts between segments of the poem convey past and present.
Anyway, I'd absolutely read more of this, and I hope you're doing well.
Let Me BeLazy chapter 24 . 5/18/2022
The story is quite bland and it's just letters and nothing quite interesting. And it is quite disgusting to write Yuri baits without actual Yuri in it. How disappointing.
Kyna Tiona chapter 4 . 5/17/2022
It's surreal getting to this after finishing Imago and realizing that flesh-eating caterpillars and rot-scented souls do not, in fact, disturb me as much as the possibility of Louise being stuck in the brain of a Louise-shaped demon. With flashbacks that might be caused by sharing brain space with leftovers of other people said demon ate. Oof. Here's hoping I'm misreading the situation.
Alank2 chapter 24 . 10/27/2021
So.

There are already a lot of nice and amazing comments here, but I feel this story deserves much, much more.

I am a great fan of Exalted crossovers. Sadly, there are only few (Mass Effect's Shotgun Princess seems discontinued), and there are only two I found that are really good.

Miracles of Ancient Wonder, with RWBY.

And this one.

This story is amazing. You really took a lot of care to be true to both source materials, to show our characters in this world.
I love how Louise slowly changes. Physical changes are really well done. We can see her being scared, afraid, and trying to understand what is going on. Not just getting some kind of unnatural power and accepting it like that.
But the mental changes are the best part of the story. You can see how she evolves, seeing the worst of her world, being subjected to all of it, and now, she no longer is The Zero.

But who she is, depends only on her.

My greatest sadness comes from the fact that I only now discovered it. Maybe, if I was commenting under every chapter, reading is as it was and showing my appreciation for this amazing story, you could feel the motivation to continue. Maybe you could feel the support and how all your readers loved it.
Because this story is amazing, and even if I never see the continuation, I will be forever thankful I managed to read it. It was just beautiful.
RNEW chapter 24 . 12/20/2020
Too crazy. And without conclusion or sequel. (
RazRift chapter 24 . 3/7/2020
Very well written. Loved the whole thing minus the inconclusive ending, but the brief ending is understandable. The way the world building made all of Halkeginia feel real was amazing and so was Louise's journey into high fantasy.
All in all,
Very Cool
Flagarach chapter 22 . 3/18/2019
Thus far I've been enjoying the series. Your forte seems to be quite skilled in the inter-personal relationships. Thus far I've been enjoying it, and I think I will enjoy the second part of the series too.

I've also noticed that your "Albonian" is just the Frisian language. Thus far it has been correct and clear, but there was one illogical choice this chapter. In the sentence "Folken! Wetter! Wetter!" (Which I'm going to assume means "Guys! Water! Water!") Folken translates to people as in a nation-wide level (e.g. Brits, Dutchmen). For small groups like here the correct Frisian would be Minsken.
Guest chapter 24 . 10/19/2018
honestly, id give it a 3/10, io most of the time reading i was spent being annoyed by character flaws or "convenient" thigns happening. the only times i got atleast somewhat excited was when Louise was fighting.
really, mostly it just felt like bad attempts at throwing random words around and seeing what happened. ah i just came up with a fitting word melodrama, no sense just random nonsense.
Guest chapter 15 . 10/19/2018
.. i was reading this story because of Louise and now im bored out of my mind
Guest chapter 11 . 10/18/2018
ridicolous, fencing is not real sword-fighting, it is actually spectacularly shit, real sword-fighting involves things like wrestling because rapiers dont cut through armor and thus using movement meant for duelling with a rapier is just insane, Wardes sucks at real melee combat, he should immediatly consider committing sui to the cide
droffatsstafford chapter 24 . 7/14/2018
This story was quite interesting.
...I'd have more to say, but I took a break of several days for my university orientation, and I'm rather off-balance, now.

So, this is Book I of the Verdigris and Flame Sequence, and I can't help but notice that Book II still doesn't exist, even after four years.
...Not really sure what to think. Normally, I'd think someone gave up, but, with you, I could see you holding off on actually posting it; working more on your other projects, and fiddling with the storyline and individual chapters of this story's sequel on the side.
But, I mean, it's been four years, almost four-and-a-half, so. Yeah. Not really sure.
But, hey! Maybe that's one of those other projects you put Overlady on hold for. (Or maybe that was mostly for that White Wolf/Worm crossover of yours. ...I'm not gonna dive into that, no thank you. I'll read a crossover despite not knowing shit about one half of it, but I'm not gonna do that when I know nothing about either series, no sir. Nope. Not gonna do it. ...Probably.)

...Well, I'll just follow my typical routine; don't think about it, and be pleasantly surprised by an update. Always works.
-droffatsstafford
droffatsstafford chapter 19 . 7/11/2018
...Is it just me, or has the general narration relating to Louise become more... poetic? Like in the last chapter?
...I don't think it's just me.
-droffatsstafford