Reviews for Circular Argument
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/24
This is Good...
This is really good...!

Never expected the plot would be like this...
Ms. K, you're really something...
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/1/2014
I like the clean-up at Bobby's. Too boring for the show - I get it - but the ... *normalcy* came across as soothing, even in the middle of brains on the walls.

Also get the beat-up from a yokel who was hurting from missing his brother. Poor Sam.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Soak, scrub, rinse. Repeat. There was a precision to cleaning that Dean had always appreciated. Okay, so it was usually weapons and bloody t-shirts and a dusty car he worked on, not a biohazard of a wall, but same difference: you put the work in, you got results. Not like life, where you tried and struggled and gave it all you had and still ended up worse than you'd started out. Bobby was already stuck in that friggin' chair; he shouldn't have had to pay this price, too. And why, because he was a friend of the Winchesters?

Bobby was surprised for a second, but it made sense: the only bed downstairs was his own, and Dean wouldn't take that unless one of them was dying. Or Sam was dying, at least.

Dean's face screwed in confusion. "The gun?" / "The poet, you moron. You want to hear this or not?"

Then, "Welcome to Team Free Will, Bobby," Dean said softly, patting him on the shoulder one more time before returning to his post by the couch. / He wasn't totally sure what that was about…but Bobby had to admit, even a ragtag, underdog team beat being alone.

"Bobby al'right?" / "Good as any of us." / Sam scoffed lightly. "That good, huh?"
Neosatsuma chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Ahaha, yes, Bobby is certainly a member of Team Free Will! That entire conversation was pure gold. I just can't get over how in character and funny everyone is in ALL your stories ALL the time. Seriously.
Loved seeing Bobby's POV in this, and of course, poor Sam. Them ungrateful locals...
Zyanya chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
I love that little "macho" family...great picture!
amyblair chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Loved the opening line about brains. How odd and creepy. And true, I suppose.

Loved Sam and Bobby's talk and how each of them had had to kill the girl they loved. Loved, loved it, actually.

Your description of Sam's beating was so real - I felt it. Loved Sam's passing out and Dean catching him. Nicely done.

Adored the Tennyson vs Browning and Dean asking, "The gun?" and Bobby's "Moron." Then your follow up with Dean's, "Welcome to Team Free Will." and Bobby dreaming about a happy, alive Karen... Awesomeness.
LaedieDuske chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Bobby asking Sam how long he'd been with Jess was reminiscent of Sam telling Dean he couldn't possibly know how Sam felt when Jess died because it'd been so long since their mom had died. It made my heart hurt for Dean all over again, and it made me wish Sam had taken those words back somewhere along the way. But Sam's response to Bobby meant that he gets it now, whether he remembers saying that to Dean or if he ever felt bad about it, he gets that it doesn't matter how long it'd been for Dean, losing their mom was still just as devastating to him the day Sam lost Jess.

And, as always, I love the brotherly love you build in and bring back for us. Usually when I find a writer on here that I enjoy, I start at the beginning and work my way through their library before moving on to anyone else. I have been reading your pieces one at a time for awhile now. I come to your library when I need comfort, when this season gets to be too upsetting, when I've stumbled on a story that failed to warn me properly of some hideousness it included, or just when I'm having an awful day. Despite my overwhelming desire to read anything and everything you have posted, I don't want to be done, I don't want to lose that option of comfort. So thank you, for sharing your incredible view on the boys we love so much and for never including unpleasant surprises in your stories.

ariex04 chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
I feel bad for all three of them. At least they have each other, right? I liked Sam's "Again" at the end. They do annoy people a lot, don't they? Great job with this story!
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Good! Just sorry it's finished.
sylia91 chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
The poor Winchesters. It's bad enough they rarely get thanks for the work they do but often get blamed for anything bad that happens and usually come off worse than any victim they save. The image of Dean wathing over and tucking Sam in on Bobby's couch was adorable.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
AWESOME! oh my days!

just brilliant! I love how the brotherly need was still there, even through Bobby- even after everything :) Love it!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Hey! D I liked this one

See you around!

123kat chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Poor Sammy, if there is anything out there it will get him. I love the way Dean is always there to get (protect him).

Thanks for the great story.

Madebyme chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
It's not often that you stumble across tags to this episode and I really enjoyed this refreshing fic, especially the opening section with the boys cleaning up after the zombie massacre!

I think you did a great job picking up on some loose ends and the emotional drain it had on all three characters. You expanded on the grief, the understanding and worry while also dealing with another pivotal matter - Famine's statement that Dean is dead inside. I loved how throughout the fic you used plenty of examples of how this was untrue; Sam's own POV, plus Dean's concern and care of Bobby's fragile emotional state and the gut wrenching fear when he realises Sam is missing. But you also balanced that with the reality of the situation that they're all in, that life isn't all sweetness and roses and Dean is struggling. Very well executed.

I appreciated the simpleness and sincerity of Sam's statement that Dean needs Bobby's fatherly influence more than he does, because he has Dean. It was said without hurt, just a simple fact and I found that quite poignant and telling of Sam's relationship with Bobby.

Similarly Sam's awkward conversation with Bobby about grief, loss and responsibility said a lot, without many words being spoken. I always thought that the episode hinted that there was a understanding between the two and I really appreciated how you expanded on that here, going in a bit deeper.

It was such a joy to see a new fic from you and I just ate this up – it was yummy and just what I was craving! Thanks so much for sharing, take care, Abbi
Jane88 chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Another beautiful story. Really liked that you gave us an insight into each of their thoughts and emotions, especially also Bobbys. I always love and enjoy the stories you write. Great work!