Reviews for That Girl
penandra chapter 1 . 2/22
I'm reading back through the Bones archive and found this story. Don't know how I missed it when it was first published. Even knowing "the rest of the story" five years later, this was achingly sad. Great job. Great imagery. One foot in front of the other. One day at a time. Just right now. Perfect.

Thank you for leaving your stories available.
etakkate chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
that must've been cathartic to write! really well done. i m so dissapointed that the writers went down the proposing to hannah path - even if she said no. loved yr story
cati.luvs.castle chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Oh my, that was heartbreakingly beautiful. If anything near this happens on the show, I don't think I'll be able to sit through it. This was amazing though.
Katniss730 chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Superbly written! So sad though! I really hope we don't have to sit through a Booth/Hannah engagement. A proposal would be torture enough!
SouthunLady chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
OMG, how horribly sad. I was hoping all the angsty, sad, Booth marrying THAT WOMAN was over with.
wicherwill chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
You make our stomach drop, too. Very realistic :)
acciosilverdoe chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
This was beautiful. I'd pick out my favourite lines, but there are so many. I loved this. Even if the end did have tears come to my eyes.
DarkArts27 chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
This was so brilliantly heartbreaking. Your writing is so fluid and descriptive; I just love reading it. I loved how you connected past and present Brennan, how you showed just what could happen. Thank you for a brilliant read :)
SkylaraK chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Fantastic job! You effectively conveyed Brennan's emotions.. the overwhelming despair, the apathy, the pain. This is not a scenario we want to see, obviously, but you made it quite believable-your Booth is vivid and totally plausible. I have to say, I really loved your little turns of phrase.. beautiful, evocative writing.
luckywynner86 chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
*Huggles Brennan*
Bee03 chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I both hate and love you at the same time. This was beautiful but it totally broke my heart. Don't get me wrong, it was the perfect follow-up to the mind-season finale, but I also wanted to punch a wall after reading it. Mostly because I am not Hannah's biggest fan - and certainly not the number one Hannah/Booth shipper - so seeing something so final as an accepted wedding proposal between the two was as disheartening for me as it was for Brennan. That being said, clearly, I felt very connected to this story - as usual, your writing style and your ability to get into the characters' heads made it easy for me to slip in there too, to feel Brennan's pain and the loss. Plus, I love the build-up to that final scene - you think that there's hope, the potential that maybe Booth and Brennan can get back to where they were - on the cusp of getting together - which you then so subtly crushed in a few short lines. Needless to say, I loved it. Excellent piece of work! Everything you write is always so worth reading.

Much love, Bee
LittleThingsMatter chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Nicely written, but sad... Poor girl, it's so sad to know this could actually happen, not really on the show, but in life, I guess...

Post more stories soon!
nicolesargent chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Oh God..this is so sad and depressing. Well written though.
HawkAngel XD chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
that was great, it was all the feel, you got me sad, and that's amazing, capturing one's emotions in one, only read... excellent work!

HawkAngel