Reviews for The Red String Blues
MaDeR Levap chapter 6 . 8/31/2014
I like this little dramedy. Scene at flower shop was actually slightly funny.
sonicmillenium22 chapter 6 . 12/30/2012
I think aoi chan was way to girly in this story plus she never calls kaoru darling or any pet name for that mater she doesn't see a use in them she always calls kaoru wall kaoru another thing I guess if kaoru push the physical relationship a little aoi would be ok with it I guess that it is a good thing that kaoru was just as shy as aoi chan was in the beginning of their relationship man they are the most perfect couple in anime whose with me by the way great story you did a really good job pointing out aoi chans character flaws one more thing it is implied that makoto hade a happy ending to nice touch he is not the super evil character everybody thinks he is all in all very good story keep it up but next time try to do aoi chan a little better still good story
Star Otaku chapter 6 . 5/8/2011
Sweet Jesus, I love this fic. And I love your notes. I am honestly surprised that you would even mention my fic, let alone acting as partial inspiration. I was certainly expecting to be crucified for Blue Monarch.

Anyways, I don't know if you can read minds, but I had the kid names of Kumi and Soushi for their kids as well! You are a great and funny writer, and I would look forward to reading your future AYA fics.
insomniac1970 chapter 6 . 5/4/2011
I was surprised when I first started reading this series that Aoi was as gullible as she was portrayed to be, but as Makoto continued the charade, he really did try become the person that she thought he was. All good things come to an end and Miyabi and Aoi's mother saw to it quite nicely.

I do appreciate the plug for my story. I haven't gotten to the point where I show Aoi's reaction to Kaoru already having a girlfriend. I'm too busy disengaging him from Mayu.

I do disagree that Aoi wasn't tested by another girl. The Mayu introduction arc had Kaoru being kissed by another girl and spending the night with her. Mayu also made it very clear that she was after Kaoru even after he and Aoi made it official. In the last chapter of the manga it is implied that she still hasn't given up on him after several years of marriage to Aoi. That would be quite stressful for our perfect housewife.

You have written an ironic and thought-provoking story. It took rereading it for me to see what you were trying to accomplish. Good job!
Kamen Rider Chrome chapter 6 . 5/4/2011
You should do a spinoff story. Like something with Kotonoha where she meets the right guy after Makoto broke her heart. I'm one of those people, btw, who's pro Kotonoha. She's got darkness in her, yeah, but that was because of the stuff she had to endure and when she finally found the light of love...it gets stripped away from her in the cruellest way possible. Seriously, that's fucked up. Anyway, I hope to see more of ur works.
insomniac1970 chapter 5 . 4/22/2011
This was quite the interesting ending! All's well that ends well, Shakespeare wrote and there was a bit of that kind of irony in this story, especially the very end. Good job!
Kamen Rider Chrome chapter 5 . 4/21/2011
The guy's Makoto Itou!-? OK, now I knew it would've ended badly!
Chrisobi chapter 3 . 3/4/2011
OMG through out the 2nd and 3rd chapters i was like a lil girl saying OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! but shit at the end...u bastered dont leave it hanging...lol yo make this guy pay...but then i imagine a big court case between the fake and the real Kaoru...lol that would make my day ok man pce and keep it up
Chrisobi chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
yo this is good but to me when i saw the anime of this story, when they showed Kaoru and Aoi and kids i knew it was them in the first episode. But hey keep it up i think that this guy that was imposing as Kaoru to get a beating or bashing from everyone... hahahhahah idk it was an evil thought well

good luck!
insomniac1970 chapter 2 . 1/25/2011
I get it now. He took Kaoru's identity because he was so taken with the scatterbrained Aoi. To be fair, Aoi had not seen Kaoru since they were children, so she would not know what he looks like as an adult. The way that this is going, Mayu and Tina might have a chance after all! Funny story, please keep writing it!
insomniac1970 chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
I think that you did a good job giving a refreshing look to the canon material. I am interested to see if you will stick with the canon or diverge from it. Good job. See you next chapter!