Reviews for For Whom the Bell Tolls
Barrel of Monkeys chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I think the Harry/Susan would be best. Susan isn't a major character so you have lots of room to work with her character. Plus it's a rarer pairing.

When reading most people would automatically assume that Harry would go with a Slytherin, but I think Susan would throw them for a loop. What's more fun than surprising your readers? I don't like Harry/Bella. Mainly because I think Harry/anyone 10 years older than him is just creepy and gross. Especially when he's still in his Hogwarts years.

Anyways it's a good start, and interesting. I'm curious about the other rituals in book and what they do. This looks like a promising start.
xLukeX chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
good start

i like daphne/ harry pairing
colmshan1990 chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I like the start, Daphne generally helps build the best story, especially if it's going to be influenced by Runic Animagus (one of my favourites).

A viable alternative is Tracey Davis. Susan just doesn't seem to cut it from what we know of her, and remember, whether it's based off canon or not, fanfiction does influence our perceptions of characters.

We hear next to nothing about a Greengrass in canon, yet we all know her and her character from fanfiction.

Likewise with Bones. And her character comes across two ways in general:

Either a copy of Ginny, or too soft-hearted for Harry. It's really got to be a Gryffindor or Slytherin for him, and the best option would always be Daphne.

Bellatrix just seems wrong, I'm afraid. It could be the age difference, or the Azkaban trauma, but she simply cannot fit into Harry's personal life.

Looking forward to your update!
Naginator chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Hmm hope there's some reasoning on what happened and is his grandmother a dorea black and I like a daphne greengrass for the pairing
Vegitunks1 chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I like the Susan Bones pairing there really aren't enough of them
Slytherin66 chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
An interesting start but the Dursley's should fear Harry and he should not feel bad about it given how Harry has been treated by them the Dursley's should be killed even if Harry does not do it himself, too often the Dursley's all of them escape justice or a punishment that fits their many crimes.

I am pleased Harry is smarter and used the tournamnet to his advantage.

I hope for Harry/Susan as its a rare couple and they have potential they both lost family to the Dark Lord and would both be aware of how bad the Ministry is so Susan can understand Harry a little and Harry could be doing with some puff love and loyalty.

I hope Albus, Ron and Granger are not trusted by Harry in this story Albus for his many mistakes and crimes against Harry, Ron for being a poor friend and an oaf and Granger for being too loyal to authority and not loyal enough to Harry.

I look forward to the next chapter.
munchnzoey chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
great story. I think harry should be with daphne or susan.
IvyLinkin chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I like this. Harry's Slytherin side is coming out to play. For the pairing I think Daphne would be a good choice. I can't wait for more!
Annabelle chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Great!

For further writing, you may be interested in this site:

www . sapientimagic . com (without the spaces)

It's a role playing site based on the Harry Potter world.

Either way, good luck with your writing and I look forward to reading more.

Annabelle Morrow, SUM student